XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Tested on Dell Poweredge T20 with a broadwell NIC chipset.

Updated to 6.1 by accident.

Downloaded the v1.02 loader and tried loading 6.1 and 6.0.2 pat files- no luck.

Got into a recoverable boot loop. Huge pain in the ass. Russian forum sais to bootup in gparted and remove the /sda partition.

I do so, and am back to recoverable when booting with bootloader 1.01 for dsm 6.0.2, fak.

Change bootloaders to 1.02a, i need to migrate. I migrate using pat file 15047.

annnnnnnnnnnnd back to the beginning, it boots but I cannot find an IP for the NAS, Synno Assistant does not show it.

Can anyone suggest a solution that does not involve data loss?

Any help appreciated.

Got into a recoverable boot loop. Huge pain in the ass. Russian forum sais to bootup in gparted and remove the /sda partition.

I do so, and am back to recoverable when booting with bootloader 1.01 for dsm 6.0.2, fak.

annnnnnnnnnnnd back to the beginning, it boots but I cannot find an IP for the NAS, Synno Assistant does not show it.

Any help appreciated.

Do you have more DSM OS's running in the same network? If yes, then most probably both system got the same MAC assigned by loader and DHCP cant assign IP. There is few solutions.

Any help appreciated.

Do you have more DSM OS's running in the same network? If yes, then most probably both system got the same MAC assigned by loader and DHCP cant assign IP. There is few solutions.

Holy man Im an idoit.....thanks for your help- all working now

Upgrade or fresh install to 6.1, everything looks good. But after one night, i can't login to DSM webpage, it said "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found". Any one has the same issue and how to fix it? I tried to re-install, but the same issue occur again after over 12hrs.

Upgrade or fresh install to 6.1, everything looks good. But after one night, i can't login to DSM webpage, it said "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found". Any one has the same issue and how to fix it? I tried to re-install, but the same issue occur again after over 12hrs.

I got the same on asrock j3160-itx.

Reinstalled yesterday, but today the same. Don't know how to fix it...

Would you both provide more information? There are 2 versions of jun's loader,

1. DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha.zip

2. DS3617xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha.zip

Which loader did you use? As each one installs a different .pat file.

1. DSM DS3615xs 15047.pat

2. DSM DS3617xs 15047.pat

Did you install update 1? Were you able to SSH in? Were you able to access any shared files?

I had this happen on one of my test machines which uses a Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 motherboard. I used the DS3617xs 6.1 v1.02-alpha loader. I also installed update 1. I received the same error message you received when trying to connect via Web Browser, "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found". The error started, like you stated after about 12 hours. After my initial install, I did enable the ssh port. Even though I could not connect via a Web Browser to access the login Web Page, I was able to SSH in. All shared files were accessible via File Explorer. Still troubleshooting.

Would you both provide more information? There are 2 versions of jun's loader,

1. DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha.zip

2. DS3617xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha.zip

Which loader did you use? As each one installs a different .pat file.

1. DSM DS3615xs 15047.pat

2. DSM DS3617xs 15047.pat

Did you install update 1? Were you able to SSH in? Were you able to access any shared files?

I had this happen on one of my test machines which uses a Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 motherboard. I used the DS3617xs 6.1 v1.02-alpha loader. I also installed update 1. I received the same error message you received when trying to connect via Web Browser, "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found". The error started, like you stated after about 12 hours. After my initial install, I did enable the ssh port. Even though I could not connect via a Web Browser to access the login Web Page, I was able to SSH in. All shared files were accessible via File Explorer. Still troubleshooting.

I was using DS3617xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha & DSM DS3617xs 15047.pat, tried with and without update 1, SSH is okay and all shared files are accessible. Now just changed to DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha to see what happen tomorrow.

Many Thx to jun!

Got it working! :smile:

Baremetal install on a HP Proliant Gen8.

Updated from 6.02 to 6.1.

Also updated manually to Update 1.

Everythings working great!

One question: I installed the 3615xs Version of the loader. What are the differences to the 3617xs loader?

Thanx.

Sonnyboy, did you migrate yours from DSM 6? What I mean is you replaced loader 1.01 with 1.02, then boot up with old hdd installed, go through the migration process? any error afterwards?

I am on Gen8 with esxi, about to migrate as soon as someone succeed without the error. thanks

Also on esxi with xpeno 6.0 atm; tried to migrate using a 6.0 test vm, the vm boots after the boot vmdk replacement , I start the install, chose migrate and after that nothing, the vm does not appear on the network anymore, I can't connect to it. I waited about 10 minutes, forced shut down the vm, powered on again but nothing. Maybe I need to wait more for the migration to complete, don't really have much time for tests these days :sad:

A fresh install with 6.1 works with no issues on esxi.

I had the same issue as you. After playing with that I found the way to make it working. These are the steps which I have done on a few machines already:

1. Deploy ovf on ESXi for 6.02 version. Set it up and so on if you don't have that version installed yet. (Synology version 6.02)

2. Shutdown the machine and remove the first 50MB HDD.

3. Import to THE SAME VM FOLDER on a datastore on ESXi 3 files from the loader 1.02 (ds3615.vmx ; synoboot.img ; synoboot.vmdk)

4. Edit settings of the VM and add Existing HDD synoboot.vmdk (50MB) ; change Disk Mode to Independent - Persistent; Virtual Device Node SATA controller 0 - SATA(0:0)

5. Go to BIOS and select the correct 50MB drive to boot from.

6. Then go through the process of migration from Synology 6.02 to 6.1.

After that I was able to find the Synology on the network. If I created a new Virtual Machine with a new loader (1.02) and added existing HDDs (from Synology 6.02) I was not able to find Synology on the network even if migration process was correct. I hope that will sort out your problem.

But similar to other users on 1 of my VMs i have the message that my HDDs crashed but everything is working as expected on that Synology. I have tried the syno_port_thaw=1 and the message still appears after reboot. On the other hand that message does not appear on the other machines which I have upgraded in exactly the same way.

Hello!

At me the new loader 6.1 for 3617 on MB ASRock E3C226D2I from i210 refuses to be loaded again.

In a networked environment NAS doesn't appear.

On GA-N3150N-D3V 6.1 for both pieces of iron normally booted (as before).

Last time to me Polanskiman advised to make changes.

Then everything earned.

And what it is possible to make now?

I have questions to those who have issues with "disappearing" access to DSM.

1. As i understand its on migrated systems only, not on fresh installed DSM 6.1. Correct?

2. Old DSM was in version 6.02 for 3615x, and new version is 6.1 for 3617x? Correct?

If both answers are true then it is possible that synology makes some procedure to check compatybility to prevent installing pat file for 3617x on older hardware.

Many Thx to jun!

Got it working! :smile:

Baremetal install on a HP Proliant Gen8.

Updated from 6.02 to 6.1.

Also updated manually to Update 1.

Everythings working great!

One question: I installed the 3615xs Version of the loader. What are the differences to the 3617xs loader?

Thanx.

Sonnyboy, did you migrate yours from DSM 6? What I mean is you replaced loader 1.01 with 1.02, then boot up with old hdd installed, go through the migration process? any error afterwards?

I am on Gen8 with esxi, about to migrate as soon as someone succeed without the error. thanks

Also on esxi with xpeno 6.0 atm; tried to migrate using a 6.0 test vm, the vm boots after the boot vmdk replacement , I start the install, chose migrate and after that nothing, the vm does not appear on the network anymore, I can't connect to it. I waited about 10 minutes, forced shut down the vm, powered on again but nothing. Maybe I need to wait more for the migration to complete, don't really have much time for tests these days :sad:

A fresh install with 6.1 works with no issues on esxi.

I had the same issue as you. After playing with that I found the way to make it working. These are the steps which I have done on a few machines already:

1. Deploy ovf on ESXi for 6.02 version. Set it up and so on if you don't have that version installed yet. (Synology version 6.02)

2. Shutdown the machine and remove the first 50MB HDD.

3. Import to THE SAME VM FOLDER on a datastore on ESXi 3 files from the loader 1.02 (ds3615.vmx ; synoboot.img ; synoboot.vmdk)

4. Edit settings of the VM and add Existing HDD synoboot.vmdk (50MB) ; change Disk Mode to Independent - Persistent; Virtual Device Node SATA controller 0 - SATA(0:0)

5. Go to BIOS and select the correct 50MB drive to boot from.

6. Then go through the process of migration from Synology 6.02 to 6.1.

After that I was able to find the Synology on the network. If I created a new Virtual Machine with a new loader (1.02) and added existing HDDs (from Synology 6.02) I was not able to find Synology on the network even if migration process was correct. I hope that will sort out your problem.

But similar to other users on 1 of my VMs i have the message that my HDDs crashed but everything is working as expected on that Synology. I have tried the syno_port_thaw=1 and the message still appears after reboot. On the other hand that message does not appear on the other machines which I have upgraded in exactly the same way.

Thanks for the description, I'll try when I get a chance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1. As i understand its on migrated systems only, not on fresh installed DSM 6.1. Correct?

2. Old DSM was in version 6.02 for 3615x, and new version is 6.1 for 3617x? Correct?

If both answers are true then it is possible that synology makes some procedure to check compatybility to prevent installing pat file for 3617x on older hardware.

I have an HP ProLiant ML350 G6 that I just started using for XPEnology. I did a fresh install of 6.1 followed by update 1 using the 3617xs loader. It has never had 6.02 installed nor have I ever used the 3615xs loader. I was just on it trying to install Synology Office when the process failed and I got a message to check network connection. It was still responding to pings, but I couldn't access the web interface anymore. Now all I get is the page not found message. Since this is a new build I don't have any data on there yet, plus one of my disks has 2120 reallocated sectors that weren't reported by the previous raid controller. :shock:

• Like 1

Okay I have the weirdest thing now going on...

I built a new NAS. Pretty standard config:

- MSI B250I PRO for motherboard (not the gaming version!)

- Intel Pentium G4560 for CPU

- Corsair Value 8GB DDR4 2133MHz

- Chieftec PSU, 400W

- Bitfenix Prodigy case, handles and legs removed

So any way I popped in my hard drives from my old NAS (a VERY old HP EliteBook 8530W), 2x 1TB HGST 2.5" drives, running 6.0 Update 9, and a 6.1 bootloader with the previous serial number, MAC, etc. added. It did recognize as migratable, but I decided to wipe the disks and go at it again clean.

Except now NOTHING shows up in Syno Assistant. It's empty. Even the router won't show the device. I tried re-flashing the USB disk, to no avail. What could've happened? BIOS settings were not touched, network seems to be up, but not working...

Tried fresh install and upgrade from 6.02 for 3615xs, both have the same issue on 3617xs loader. I just changed the loader to 1.02a for 3615xs last night, so far everything looks good up to now.

Same issue with DS3617xs V1.02 alpha installed in Esxi 6.5 . Now I'm changing back to Jun's mod V1.01 with DS3615xs, waiting if Jun got some idea to fix it.

I am also struggling with the new loader. I tried the steps described here to switch all three files synoboot.img/vmdk and the ds3615.vmx. Generally this makes it kind of possible to boot into 6.1.

But all disks are gone in my esxi test machines.

To be more precise all sata disks are gone! Regardless of independent setting or not.

It only detects SCSI or ide (raw disk I could not test but this has to work on my "productive" machines in the end ...)

I also noticed that the grub config menu does not stick. Meaning on a reboot it always chooses baremetal (first entry) which tries to boot from USB. Only after changing grub.cfg in the image to use sata as boot device in that first boot entry helped me to make a reboot possible.

So as of now I was not able to migrate a test system from 6.0.2 to 6.1 on sata disks.

I will test it on a fresh created 6.0.2 on SCSI disk later

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk

It seems to me in the new loader not all drivers are and not for all network devices. In particular and network interface cards. Probably therefore I can't find on the i210 network on ASRock E3C226D2I, but at the same time is ideally set and GA-N3150N-D3V works.

And the loader some small, in difference from 6.0.2 and in it are absent:

\image\DS3615xs\bzImage

\image\DS3615xs\extra.lzma

\image\DS3615xs\ramdisk.lzma

\image\DS3615xs\zImage

It turns out obviously there aren't enough drivers.

hi :smile:

i have mobo J3710-ITX (braswell architecture). whether my NAS will work more efficiently if I choose DS916p 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha (braswell architecture) who is also on the platform Braswell? or not will have no meaning and how I choose DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha (bromolow architecture) it will work the same way?

hi :smile:

i have mobo J3710-ITX (braswell architecture). whether my NAS will work more efficiently if I choose DS916p 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha (braswell architecture) who is also on the platform Braswell? or not will have no meaning and how I choose DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha (bromolow architecture) it will work the same way?

It has only 4 disks. If you have more, then it seems to me you won't see everything.

Perhaps there will be some else restrictions on software and opportunities.