XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

@jun

thank you, i am try your loader ON my server2012&vmware workstartion.it is very perfect.

because hyperv is the most popular virtual software on windows platform ,so i very expect that you can develop a loader for dsm6.1 on hyper v.

thanks.

I'm running 6.1 with SAB, sickrage, couchpotato, transmission and Plex [WINKING FACE]

But did you install the packages in 6.1 or were they installed in 6.02 and worked after migrating to 6.1? I ask because some packages work OK if they are part of a migration but fail when you try to install them on newer builds. I haven't tried 6.1 I'm just curious to know what to expect under both conditions? I suspect some packages work when migrated but fail to install on the latest build based on past experience.

Hello! I correctly understand that on 3617 QuickConnect won't work will be the new generator of serial number and MAC?

He doesn't want to work for me, as if I didn't put and didn't migrate on 6.1 from 3617.

Or there are those for whom QuickConnect works?

Installation 3617 is urgent more for those at whom Xeon's (with unoperated QuickConnect) so far?

I tried with force install and it worked, but now, every time my machine boots, this error comes up...

jtdUCAS.jpg

Any ideas?

Hi. I have the same problem. My update went great. I've updated from DS3615xs 6.0.2 u9 to DS3617xs 6.1 version without any problem. Settings migration went beautifully. The only problem is this error after reboot. Adding "syno_port_thaw=1" argument to normal boot does not help. Besides that everything looks like it's working.

Ok. And the problem appeard. I had it for the second time. Hard to explain but it looks like synology web management is disconnecting from the hardware. I can login to web interface, shares and shared data work, but almost nothing works after i login. Interface is not hanging i can open icons from main window but everything that i do open is loading indefinitely. When i open resource monitor i get the communicate that "connection was not successful. Check your network settings". After reboot everything is back to normal.

Many Thx to jun!

Got it working! :smile:

Baremetal install on a HP Proliant Gen8.

Updated from 6.02 to 6.1.

Also updated manually to Update 1.

Everythings working great!

One question: I installed the 3615xs Version of the loader. What are the differences to the 3617xs loader?

Thanx.

Sonnyboy, did you migrate yours from DSM 6? What I mean is you replaced loader 1.01 with 1.02, then boot up with old hdd installed, go through the migration process? any error afterwards?

I am on Gen8 with esxi, about to migrate as soon as someone succeed without the error. thanks

Many Thx to jun!

One question: I installed the 3615xs Version of the loader. What are the differences to the 3617xs loader?

Thanx.

Sonnyboy, did you migrate yours from DSM 6? What I mean is you replaced loader 1.01 with 1.02, then boot up with old hdd installed, go through the migration process? any error afterwards?

I am on Gen8 with esxi, about to migrate as soon as someone succeed without the error. thanks

Yes, I migrated from 6.02 with my HDDs in place. Just replaced the loader. No problems at all.

Thanx.

I dont know all the differences. What I do know is their CPU artitech is different. 3617xs uses broadwell, while 3615xs uses Braswell. Some packages are CPU specific, for example TVheadend. you have to choose the right package to install. I dont think there is a package available for broadwell.

Thanx.

I dont know all the differences. What I do know is their CPU artitech is different. 3617xs uses broadwell, while 3615xs uses Braswell. Some packages are CPU specific, for example TVheadend. you have to choose the right package to install. I dont think there is a package available for broadwell.

Thank you. Then was the 3615xs loader the right choice for me.

Hello! I correctly understand that on 3617 QuickConnect won't work will be the new generator of serial number and MAC?

He doesn't want to work for me, as if I didn't put and didn't migrate on 6.1 from 3617.

Or there are those for whom QuickConnect works?

Installation 3617 is urgent more for those at whom Xeon's (with unoperated QuickConnect) so far?

QC won't work anymore, if you don't have real serial and MAC pair since it seems they (finally) started to check which serials actually exist.

QC didn't work on 6.1 after upgrade from 6.02 either. I used a real serial and mac-adress from an old Synology NAS.

Now I have generated serial and 2x mac-adress for DS3615xs and it works again. They don't check if serials really exist.

They may check if the serial / mac-adress match the corr. Synology NAS type.

Cheers

I'm running 6.1 with SAB, sickrage, couchpotato, transmission and Plex [WINKING FACE]

But did you install the packages in 6.1 or were they installed in 6.02 and worked after migrating to 6.1? I ask because some packages work OK if they are part of a migration but fail when you try to install them on newer builds. I haven't tried 6.1 I'm just curious to know what to expect under both conditions? I suspect some packages work when migrated but fail to install on the latest build based on past experience.

Yes they were all previously installed on my 6.0.2 install (and my 5.2 install for that matter!)

It gave a warning that Plex was incompatible, but it was up and running just fine after the update.

For Proxmox 4.4-1.

I have DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha as far as booting up ( using the VM boot line ), Synology Assistant finds the nas but when i try to install DSM (local file or internet) it returns with the error message : Failed to format disk (35)

VM setup as for now is :

2048MB base memory

1 CPU / 2 cores (kvm64)

Disk1 = IDE 0 32GB

Disk2 = SATA 900GB

Network = E1000

I tested IDE/VirtIO/SCSI for the disk2 interface, but non would work (no hdd found)

Yes they were all previously installed on my 6.0.2 install (and my 5.2 install for that matter!)

It gave a warning that Plex was incompatible, but it was up and running just fine after the update.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Some of those packages may not install on a clean build of 6.x.

QC won't work anymore, if you don't have real serial and MAC pair since it seems they (finally) started to check which serials actually exist.

You probably didn't understand my question.

On 3615 QC works (even on 6.1)! And here on 3617 - No.

On 3615 worked even with serial numbers and MAC from other versions.

On 3617 - even the serial number + MAC doesn't work with earlier working or other couples in any way.

Until there is a SN/MAC generator for 3617 that QC won't work at it? Or at someone earned? If yes, that as? I asked about it.

Many Thx to jun!

Thanx.

Also on esxi with xpeno 6.0 atm; tried to migrate using a 6.0 test vm, the vm boots after the boot vmdk replacement , I start the install, chose migrate and after that nothing, the vm does not appear on the network anymore, I can't connect to it. I waited about 10 minutes, forced shut down the vm, powered on again but nothing. Maybe I need to wait more for the migration to complete, don't really have much time for tests these days :sad:

A fresh install with 6.1 works with no issues on esxi.