XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

I had similar issues on my HP gen8. After installing Update 9 the machine rebooted however, I couldn't see it in my network in any way, even Synology Assistant couldn't find it. So I had to reboot the unit manually, and after second reboot it booted properly and now working like a charm.

I had similar issues on my HP gen8. After installing Update 9 the machine rebooted however, I couldn't see it in my network in any way, even Synology Assistant couldn't find it. So I had to reboot the unit manually, and after second reboot it booted properly and now working like a charm.

Are you running latest HP fw and do you have g1610t cpu?

Any chance you could install virtualbox if you don't have it already to test that?

I have standard gen8 but no way of testing it all on this loader with dsm6.

Thanks in advance!

Using Juns pre-packaged Esxi vmdk I have ran into an issue on Esxi 6.2 patched all the way.

I cannot get past SataPortMap=4.

When I try to add via grub SataPortMap=41 on boot with mount on the datastore drive 5 Sata 1:0 in Esxi the machine goes right into migrate mode every time.

Is another setting needing to be changed?

On another note update 9 just went on.

Cant find synology after update.

Static, had to force boot

web services did show page but syno assistant cant see

SCRATCH ALL THAT! I wan using jun 1.0 vmdk. no wonder I couldnt get it going. after loading correct boot 9 went on fine :oops:

Edited by Guest

I just installed brand new and updated to 9 immediately without major issues. I'm building from scratch though, so I haven't really burned it in yet.

The only thing I'm dealing with is the CMOS reset issue. It looks like everything else in the Bios is untouched, but the Date/Time is corrupted on boot. It means that I have to hit "F1" every time the server boots up from a shutdown or reboot and enable the cloud time sync feature.

Not great, but not the worst. Just means I need to disable automatic DSM updates (planned on that anyway) and make sure I have a keyboard near the box for when I want to reboot.

MB - ASROCK Rack C236 WSI

Bios - American Megatrends UEFI setup

does you NAS have a static IP or DHCP?

I have both my baremetal and VM installs set to get IP via DHCP (although i have statically mapped the IP to MAC in my DHCP server "Mikrotik Router")

So it seems people with both static and DHCP have successfully upgrade to update 9

Although it seems most have had to hard boot the system to get it going again after the update. :razz:

I'm using an HP N40L and using the same boot loader but after updating to update 9 the server won't responding anymore. Did an hard reset and im stuck at the following screen. How can i fix this?

early console in decompress_kernel

decompressing Linux... Parsing ELF... Parsing ELF Overlay... done.

Booting the kernel.

Update 9 works fine on my Synology 216j (I always do this before I do my custom NAS).

Also worked fine on my custom NAS (4th Gen i3). It did take a bit longer to come back up after the reboot (maybe a few minutes) but come back it did..

Just sit back and chill.. Make sure you have a static IP address (and not a reserved, static one dished out by DHCP - just because you can).. :wink:

#H

I'm using an HP N40L and using the same boot loader but after updating to update 9 the server won't responding anymore. Did an hard reset and im stuck at the following screen. How can i fix this?

Booting the kernel.

After more than an hour waiting there's no progress and synology assistant can't find the NAS anymore even when i've my laptop connected directly to the NAS. The NAS has an static IP even from the router with it's MAC address.

Does somebody have some tips for me?

Booting the kernel.

After more than an hour waiting there's no progress and synology assistant can't find the NAS anymore even when i've my laptop connected directly to the NAS. The NAS has an static IP even from the router with it's MAC address.

I dont have mine connected to a screen.. isnt it possible to alt+f2 a terminal, login as your user.. sudo -i

and then ifconfig something up?

Are you running latest HP fw and do you have g1610t cpu? No, because I didn't register as a customer in time and HP changed the way, the updates are available to registered customers only, the latest fw I have is from Service Pack from July 2015. Yes, I have g1610t

Any chance you could install virtualbox if you don't have it already to test that? I don't really need a vm as my HP is a kinda testbed for me.

Thanks in advance!

Are you running latest HP fw and do you have g1610t cpu? No, because I didn't register as a customer in time and HP changed the way, the updates are available to registered customers only, the latest fw I have is from Service Pack from July 2015. Yes, I have g1610t

Any chance you could install virtualbox if you don't have it already to test that? I don't really need a vm as my HP is a kinda testbed for me.

Thanks in advance!

Booting the kernel.

I dont have mine connected to a screen.. isnt it possible to alt+f2 a terminal, login as your user.. sudo -i

and then ifconfig something up?

Maybe if the boot continues but it's stuck at booting the kernel message and no options to open an terminal.