XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Do you find a workaround for the bootloop bug?

Everytime I want to shutdown my H340 it will start again.

I installed it on 2 different H340 and they shut down normal. Both systems have BIOS P03 installed and the only thing I changed within the BIOS was to exclude everything from the boot menu except the SMI USB.

But you changed VID and PID do you?

What is your setting for SATA Port Mapping?

Sorry for my questions but I have always since 5.0 this problem that I'm not ably to shutdown normaly.

With a H341 everything is fine concerning this problem.

Greetings

Sorry for my questions but I have always since 5.0 this problem that I'm not ably to shutdown normaly.

Greetings

Yes, here's what I did step by step:

- booted from a USB stick called "Sergej Strelec" (which actually boots a live Version of W10)

- deleted all partitions previously created incl. the recovery partition from the SMI

- created a new FAT partition on the SMI

- checked SMI's VID & PID

- mounted synoboot.img within OSFMount on another Windows machine and made the corresponding changes in the grub.cfg (VID, PID, serial, MAC) and set SataPortMap=4

- saved modified grub.cfg, unmounted the IMG and copied with another USB stick on the H340

- started Win32DiskImager within the live Windows and wrote the IMG to the previously created SMI's fat partition

- rebooted and disabled all boot devices in the BIOS except the SMI

- another reboot and installation from a Windows PC using the Synology Assistant

Cheers

Greetings

- booted from a USB stick called "Sergej Strelec" (which actually boots a live Version of W10)

- deleted all partitions previously created incl. the recovery partition from the SMI

- mounted synoboot.img within OSFMount on another Windows machine and made the corresponding changes in the grub.cfg (VID, PID, serial, MAC) and set SataPortMap=4

- saved modified grub.cfg, unmounted the IMG and copied with another USB stick on the H340

- started Win32DiskImager within the live Windows and wrote the IMG to the previously created SMI's fat partition

- another reboot and installation from a Windows PC using the Synology Assistant

Cheers

Thanks for that information.

I will try it this evening.

Just a POSITIVE report for AMD CPU:

• - Mainboar ASUS E35M1 mini ITX with AMD E350 (integrated) CPU
    - IBM MegaRaid crossflashed LSI 9211 8i with last HBA_9211_8i_IT firmware (Revision: 20.00.07.00-IT)
    - Jun Loader V.1.01
    - 4xHDD 1TB WD10EZRZ in RAID 5 + SSD 8GB (DSM 6.0.2) + USB-SD 64MB (Loader)
    - DSM 6.0.2 with update 8
    - BTRFS & compressed folder -> OK
    - QuickConnect -> OK

The loader, on my motherboard, works both with the default menu entry (first), and with the "AMD support" (zImage=bzImage)

I installed DSM 6.0.2. on a spare little SSD of 8GB... (only for my convenience)

The system works fine with both the 9211 controller and with the integrated SATA chipset.

No problem (now!) with BTRFS... but just in "checking integrity" step, copying files in compressed folder would hang, when transferring, with message of timeout on the network connection (Linux client side) ... but with "retry" or "skip file" it resumed

I think for the low computing power of CPU (???) ... given that now, after that check integrity was completed, all works well.

Also quickconnectt is OK

The transfer rate of big files is near 60/70 MB/s (no compressed folder), on 1Gb wired LAN

Tests are in progress...

I hope I was helpful... and MANY THANKS for your work!

Edited by Guest

I was wondering if anyone had luck with LSI 9211 8i? I can't make it work on the bearmetal install. The motherboard i'm using is https://www.supermicro.com/products/mot ... 0SLH-F.cfm and in order to get Intel i210 nic's to work I had reverse to loading of ramdisk.lzma in grub.cfg, but can't get the 9211 to work, no hard disk detected. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been able to install baremetal with an IBM M1015 crossflashed to LSI 9211 8i (IT-Mode) without any issues. Mainboard ASRock J3455M.

That board has Realtek RTL8111E nic did you have to edit grub.cfg for it to work? What ramdisk.lzma are you using? What's the firmware version on your LSI card? My card is flashed to P20 IT mode.

Hi, sorry for the delay.

RTL8111E: Worked out of the box, but turned out to cause some weird network speed issues as described here: http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25026. I decided to just disable the onboard NIC and use a pair of Intel PCIe NICs instead.

ramdisk.lzma: I don't even know how to change this or where to get or how to create alternative ramdisk files. I just used the latest Jun's loader...

LSI firmware: P20 IT mode, too.

I was wondering if anyone had luck with LSI 9211 8i? I can't make it work on the bearmetal install. The motherboard i'm using is https://www.supermicro.com/products/mot ... 0SLH-F.cfm and in order to get Intel i210 nic's to work I had reverse to loading of ramdisk.lzma in grub.cfg, but can't get the 9211 to work, no hard disk detected. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been able to install baremetal with an IBM M1015 crossflashed to LSI 9211 8i (IT-Mode) without any issues. Mainboard ASRock J3455M.

Yes, same think, and works fine:

IBM MegaRaid M1015 crossflashed to LSI 9211 8i (IT-Mode) with last HBA_9211_8i_IT firmware (Revision: 20.00.07.00-IT).

Mainboard ASUS E35M1 - AMD E350 integrated CPU

That board has Realtek RTL8111E nic did you have to edit grub.cfg for it to work? What ramdisk.lzma are you using? What's the firmware version on your LSI card? My card is flashed to P20 IT mode.

Also my board has Realtek 8111E nic, I edited grub for MAC Address, S/N, VID e PID (USB)

Edited by Guest

N54L updatet to DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 8 (Baremetal).

Only Problem which I am having with DSM 6 since the beginning ist a sort of stuttering of the network connection.

The problem is visible if I stream a video via plex or if I try coping something to the nas.

With DSM 5 I didn't had this problem. Any ideas out there?

Greetings

Cheers

Thanks for that information.

I will try it this evening.

strange same boot loop like always. 5sec .after shutdown the box starts again.

Ok FINALLY got my LSI 9211 8i working. Apparently the issue was in the user error+crappy usb stick. I downloaded Jun's Mod V1.01.zip and did the usual vid pid mac and sn change to grub.cfg, but this time I did not use the same usb stick. Used the newer one and it worked. All disks working fine and was able to update to the latest DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 8.

Feel very stupid now lol :oops:

update from 5.2 to DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 8 fully functional except for the physical power-off button not working as it should.

Good performance (100-120 MB/s constant - gigabit lan) and perfect 4k streaming H264/H265 with Plex transcoding (install Plex from Plex.tv site)

Configuraton:

MB: Asrock J3710-ITX (4 sata III on board) + Syba cod.SI-PEX40064 - controller with 4 sata SATA III on PCIe (Chipset Marvell 88SE9215)

Ram: 2x4GB Samsung DDR3 SO-DIMM 1600MHz PC3L-12800, CL=11, Unbuffered, 1.35V

HD: 3xWD green 2TB, 1xWD black 2TB, 1xWD green 1 TB, 1xWD blue 1TB. (all used disks 2010-2013)

Cache SSD: Crucial MX300 - 275GB

Volume: Synology Hybrid Raid ext4 8TB

Ali: Thermaltake TR2 350Watt

Case: Fractal Design Node 304

bootloader DS3615xs 6.0.2 Jun's Mod V1.01

Install as guide with no problems with USB Sandisk cruzer micro 4 GB (grub.cfg edited with pid, vid, serial and Mac address, don't use windows notepad, use notepad++ or jedit)

[spoiler=Version: 6.0.2-8451.9 (2017/01/18)]Important Note

1. The update is expected to be available for all regions within the next few days, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly.

2. This update will restart your Synology NAS.

Fixed Issues

1. Enhanced the stability of Btrfs file system after an abnormal shutdown.

2. Enhanced the stability of iSCSI service.

3. Enhanced system stability when connecting via the SMB protocol.

4. Enhanced the stability of Synology E10G15-F1.

5. Fixed a security vulnerability regarding PHPMailer (CVE-2017-5223). Upgrading Photo Station to version 6.6.3 or above is required.

http://download.synology.com/download/DSM/criticalupdate/update_pack/8451-9/

Regards.-

Hi Guys

I have just updated my baremetal HP Gen8 to Update 9 - All OK

I also updated my VM (Esxi 6.0) to Update 9 - All Ok

However - NOTE!

Both the baremetal and VM hanged after the reboot directly after update was applied.

They were on but could not get to the IP on either system.

All i did was hard power down the Baremetal (via ilo as im at work) and powered it back up and it came back online with update 9

i had to do the same for the VM, force the power off on the VM then power on again and it booted fine with update 9

It gave me quite a scare! but fortunately after hard booting both systems they came up fine with update 9

Hope this helps some of you out.

I have the N54L, have done several reboots without any result.. still not getting an ip =/

I have a N54L also, and after initial reboot it wasn't working either. Hard-reseting it made it work, but I have Static IP set on it.

:smile: Same here, I have Static IP , Using Advanced IP Scanner can find the machine but can't connect to it.