XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

[spoiler=Version: 6.0.2-8451.8 (2017/01/11)]Important Note

1. The update is expected to be available for all regions within the next few days, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly.

2. This update will restart your Synology NAS.

Fixed Issues

1. Enhanced SHA stability by optimizing CPU usage priority on the running process.

2. Enhanced the stability of a Btrfs volume with SSD cache.

3. IPv6 is now supported by ICMP rule in Firewall.

4. Fixed a security vulnerability regarding PHPMailer (CVE-2016-10033,CVE-2016-10045 )。

5. Fixed a security vulnerability regarding Linux Kernel (CVE-2016-7117).

6. Fixed an issue where VPN server might restart unexpectedly.

http://download.synology.com/download/DSM/criticalupdate/update_pack/8451-8/

Regards.-

I was wondering if anyone had luck with LSI 9211 8i? I can't make it work on the bearmetal install. The motherboard i'm using is https://www.supermicro.com/products/mot ... 0SLH-F.cfm and in order to get Intel i210 nic's to work I had reverse to loading of ramdisk.lzma in grub.cfg, but can't get the 9211 to work, no hard disk detected. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Morning!

I own an Acer Aspire EasyStore H340 with 4 HDDs. Every time I try to boot Jun's loader V1.01 the web assistant states "We've encountered an error with your hard disk (7)..."

What I already tried:

- flashed the internal SMI USB drive with a pre-modified image in which all relevant settings like VID, PID, serial no. and MAC had been modified according to the SMI

- tried an external USB stick

- tried different values for SataPortMap (1, 4, 41, etc.) with no luck

- used force install in the loader menu

- excluded everything except the SMI USB or USB stick from the boot menu

- deleted all partitions from the internal HDDs

Is there anybody who got this working on the H340?

Thx!

Ola Marigo

Can you expand a little bit please the details of your VM ?

i have hard time trying to achieve a Xpen VM in proxmox , i did what you said but it does not work , i can boot the VM , i choosed the last entry then i can see "booting the kernel." then nothing else , i expect to see more (i already run Xpen on BareMetal and on ESX) , i have another VM (NAT mode) and i can't find anything wth Synology Assistant

Any help regarding Xpen on Proxmox would be really much appreciated :smile:

Thanks

XT

I choose the first option to boot the image. (synoboot.img) Are you using the correct *.img? It's about 50MB.

"booting the kernel" is all I see too. Did you set the virtual NIC to "E1000"? Do you see that your DHCP server assinged an IP address to your VM?

It should work with these settings I provided.

Synology assistent should be in the same broadcast domain to search for "diskstation's" But I guess you already knew this.

I got a DSM (6.0.2-8451 Update 7) reboot when set MTU to 9000 for ESXi vmxnet3. Has anyone faced with the same issue?

Hi Hunterok, I am having the same problem, everytime I set MTU to 9000, the server rebooted. It's seems no solution yet.

subsidiary question, have you enabled MTU 9000 at the vswitch level ?

[root@esxi:~] esxcli network vswitch standard list
vSwitch0
  Name: vSwitch0
  Class: etherswitch
  Num Ports: 1536
  Used Ports: 11
  Configured Ports: 128
  MTU: 1500
  CDP Status: listen
  Beacon Enabled: false
  Beacon Interval: 1
  Beacon Threshold: 3
  Beacon Required By:
  Uplinks: vmnic1, vmnic0
  Portgroups: VM Network, Management Network

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1007654

PS : I'am not using jumbo frames.

Hi all.

Has anyone good work motherboard with integrated Realtek RTL8111H?

In my signature server on P8Z68VLX with integrated Realtek RTL8111E it works great.

ASUS H110 will also work well Realtek RTL8111H? For example like this: ASUS H110M-CS/C/SI

But I do not see in the list of compatible RTL8111H.

Thanks.

P.S. Or is it better to consider such variants: MSI H110M ECO or AsRock H110M-ITX - they are both with Intel I219V ?

Edited by Guest

I was wondering if anyone had luck with LSI 9211 8i? I can't make it work on the bearmetal install. The motherboard i'm using is https://www.supermicro.com/products/mot ... 0SLH-F.cfm and in order to get Intel i210 nic's to work I had reverse to loading of ramdisk.lzma in grub.cfg, but can't get the 9211 to work, no hard disk detected. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been able to install baremetal with an IBM M1015 crossflashed to LSI 9211 8i (IT-Mode) without any issues. Mainboard ASRock J3455M.

I have been able to install baremetal with an IBM M1015 crossflashed to LSI 9211 8i (IT-Mode) without any issues. Mainboard ASRock J3455M.

That board has Realtek RTL8111E nic did you have to edit grub.cfg for it to work? What ramdisk.lzma are you using? What's the firmware version on your LSI card? My card is flashed to P20 IT mode.

Morning!

I own an Acer Aspire EasyStore H340 with 4 HDDs. Every time I try to boot Jun's loader V1.01 the web assistant states "We've encountered an error with your hard disk (7)..."

What I already tried:

- flashed the internal SMI USB drive with a pre-modified image in which all relevant settings like VID, PID, serial no. and MAC had been modified according to the SMI

Thx!

Same system - same issue - someone on here mentioned using Synology Assistant to install the image, instead of the web assistant - and it worked!

Hope it works for you as well.

Wondered if someone could help me. I'm trying to get this going in VirtualBox. I've imported it using the ovf file which is what I used for VMware Workstation and that works fine.

In VirtualBox it doesn't come up in the console with booting the kernel bit, so I assume it's getting stuck there?

I've tried all kinds of different settings, different NICs, different CPU/storage options etc but still the same. And tried the different boot options when the loader starts, including the VMware option. It's definitely not even connecting to the network.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Virtualbox:

VB.jpg

VMware Workstation:

VMW.jpg

Morning!

What I already tried:

Thx!

Same system - same issue - someone on here mentioned using Synology Assistant to install the image, instead of the web assistant - and it worked!

Hope it works for you as well.

Do you find a workaround for the bootloop bug?

Everytime I want to shutdown my H340 it will start again.

Do you find a workaround for the bootloop bug?

Everytime I want to shutdown my H340 it will start again.

I installed it on 2 different H340 and they shut down normal. Both systems have BIOS P03 installed and the only thing I changed within the BIOS was to exclude everything from the boot menu except the SMI USB.