XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

-=SUCCES: BAREMETAL N54L/4HDD/4G=-

Followed the instructions here: http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22100

Changes:

Changed the vid= using my own USB VID

Changed the pid= using my own USB PID

Changed the sn= using my own generated SN

Changed the mac1= using my own generated MAC address

Changed set timeout='1' to set timeout='10'

Changed set default='0' to set default='3' For default AMD bootoption

appended SataPortMap=4

After boot I went to find.synology.com

Updated from 5.2.5592 to 6.0.2.8451

After reboot I lost my static ip settings. I needed to set this manual again.

I updated to Update 5 without any problems.

I also saw Synology finally released Source code for branche 8451. https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/Synology%20NAS%20GPL%20Source/8451branch/bromolow-source/

Congratulations! actually, I have one BAREMETAL N54L, updated to 6.0.2 update 5, too.

but met some problems:

1) /etc/synoinfo.cfg, changed:

internalportcfg=“0x00f"

esataportcfg=“0xffff0"

usbportcfg=“0xf00000"

but esata disk not appears.

"appended SataPortMap=4" would help this? any grub.cfg sample lines? thanks.

2) missing button.ko & acpid, can not power off when press power button.

3) missing powernow-k8.ko, can not power saving.

...maybe need recompiled, still found no source.

any help?

Thx a lot for this great forum and tutorials

finally got my nas running..

- jun´s loader v1.01 (DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 5)

- Asrock J4205-ITX J4205 Apollolake SOD/U3/4S3 M-ITX

- 8GB (1x 8192MB) HyperX Impact Black DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM CL9 Single

- 2x WD Red 3TB

- Mach Xtreme Technology Ultra MX-ES MXUB3SESU-16G 16GB USB-Stick, USB 3.0

- Intel EXPI9301CTBLK PRO1000 Ethernet Adapter CT with flashed MAC address

- PicoPSU-90 12V DC-DC ATX mini-ITX 0-90W power supply with Salcar 72W Transformator (12V 6A)

- Raijintek Metis Mini-ITX case with Noctua NF-S12A FLX fan

i would also ask like hawie if anybody please could help with this:

- hdd hibernation

- Power button shutdown

- auto shutdown when no access / power safe

i´ve read most of the post and first of all tried this http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=75406#p75404

with no success. unzipped it an copied all files to their specific folders. no way

Many Thanks for this work at this Bootloader.

I'm struggling with the format of the mac1 in grub.cfg . Changed to my physical Mac Address for WOL in HEX without : results in a completely different Mac Address after booting. Enter in HEX format with : results in the following issue:

set mac1=00:xx:xx:xx:58:04

In Synology Assistant: last Digits changed:

00:xx:xx:xx:58:00

Whats my mistake? Any help appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

I'm struggling with the format of the mac1 in grub.cfg . Changed to my physical Mac Address for WOL in HEX without : results in a completely different Mac Address after booting. Enter in HEX format with : results in the following issue:

Thanks in Advance!

Give the following a try!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lMdeWhO6V5KnYH_yXrCb6F-ZH1WyjDVzuNnLM1DLZr0/edit#gid=1976722457

I am not able to find the NAS. Looks like the bootloader does not have drivers for my NIC RealTek 8111C.

Anybody know how difficult is it to add? In Xpenology 5.2, NIC worked fine.

Thanks!

Take a look at Quicknick's new loader and boot tool his build looks like it supports your RTL8111C nic viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24308#p81999

The downloads are linked in the second post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24308#p81997 for full details start reading from post one.

Thanks in Advance!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lMdeWhO6V5KnYH_yXrCb6F-ZH1WyjDVzuNnLM1DLZr0/edit#gid=1976722457

Thanks, but Access Denied...

Thanks in Advance!

Thanks, but Access Denied...

Sorry I had the wrong permission set, try again.

hi

i go this installed and running fine on hp gen 8 with 4 hard drives and 16gig of memory

how do I change the serial number and mac address so cloud station will work on it work fine on old version 5

put loader totally different so do not know where to look to change them on this version

thanks

backupking

I am not able to find the NAS. Looks like the bootloader does not have drivers for my NIC RealTek 8111C.

Anybody know how difficult is it to add? In Xpenology 5.2, NIC worked fine.

Thanks!

Take a look at Quicknick's new loader and boot tool his build looks like it supports your RTL8111C nic viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24308#p81999

The downloads are linked in the second post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24308#p81997 for full details start reading from post one.

Thanks for pointing me to that post. I was not aware about other developments. That post should be stickied somewhere.

Guys, sorry if i write to the wrong topic. I just have one question.

I use ASRock J3455-ITX platform and was able to sucsesfully install DSM 6.0.2 Loader with DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 5 on it. Now I trying to install SurveillanceStation-x86-7.1-4146.spk, but get "This package is not supported on the platform of DiskStation" error almost right after I click on "Next" button. Can anyone tell me what do i wrong, please?

Cool work, @Arcao! Thank you!

I have NVIDIA nForce LAN (ASRock ION 330) and RTL8188SU 802.11n WLAN Adapter. After boot from USB Loader I see http://i.imgur.com/3IVfKcu.jpg but I can't discover my NAS. I guess is it LAN missing drivers? Can you add this drivers in your next pack?

The nForce is supported in Quicknick's new loader and tool package > viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24308#p81999 read the first post for full details.

Just upgraded to DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 5 on my ASRock Q1900DC-ITX with bootloader 1.02 (baremetal installation).

Now I can't login to my Synology Account any more (The system failed to perform the requested operation, there is an unknown error).

But I do have a valid mac/sn pair from a real synostation (DS415play) which worked perfectly in DSM 5.

Someone else having this problem or a solution? Thanks in advance!

Edit:

I found the error. In grub.cfg I entered the MAC like 00:11:32:XX:XX:XX

In WebUI it showed the MAC as 00:11:32:XX:XX:00

Then I changed grub.cfg MAC entry to 001132XXXXXX and it works!

I tried using the latest loader release on bare metal without luck, can't find it on network, I tried the internal quad 210 nic and pci-e quad intel neither get recognized on prior loaders either and finally tried the single intel that works on jun 1.01 loader but don't seem to work on the latest loader at least for me.

any suggestions?

thanks

I can confirm that this is working on bare metal with existing data intact and update 6. I had to use the install and keep data, it would not install with keeping settings and data. Needed to reinstall apps and users, but it did keep my volumes and all my data. Data came from version 5.2-5967 update 2. I Did NOT change Vid and Pid just left the usb as is after flashing. Will change later to see if quick connect works.

Installed on HP Proliant HL310 Gen 5