XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Hi All,

Thank you to all the contributors for the new boot loader. I've just tried the vmware edition and so far so good.

The only issue I have thus far in my testing is the ability to detect my HighPoint RocketRAID 2720SGL controller which has all my disks attached.

@Trantor was kind enought to build the driver for me for the XPEnology 5.5 bootloader. The link to the post for this one is here. I tried to manually load that module in this version, but it complains of an invalid file format, so I'm guessing it will need to be recompiled for this newer version of DSM.

Would it be possible for someone to compile the RocketRAID 2720SGL driver for this version please. The direct link for the source code of the driver can be located here, if you would like to view the download page for different linux versions, then see here.

I'd appreciate the any assistance.

Thanks

First a thanks to the developers of this mighty fine bootloader. I'm using it on a baremetal N54L and all works great, even DVB-T! :smile:

The only thing I run into is the following. I have a Smargo Smartreader V2 for decrypting DVB-T channels. The device uses FTDI for Serial and is not recognized out of the box. So, I had to install the 'USBSerialDrivers DSM 6.0' package from Jadahl. Now the device is recognised but it won't instsall driver or map to /dev/(ttyUSBx).

This is what I see in my dmesg log:

[  241.750500] usbserial: USB Serial deregistering driver FTDI USB Serial Device
[  241.750531] usbcore: deregistering interface driver ftdi_sio
[  327.902940] usbcore: registered new interface driver ftdi_sio
[  327.902966] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for FTDI USB Serial Device
[  327.916916] usbcore: registered new interface driver ti_usb_3410_5052
[  327.916941] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for TI USB 3410 1 port adapter
[  327.916957] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for TI USB 5052 2 port adapter

Is the firmware (ti_3410.fw) present in the DSM 6.0 kernel? How to check?

Linux NAS 3.10.77 #8451 SMP Wed Aug 17 05:12:41 CST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_bromolow_3615xs 

Has anyone a suggestion?

i use one smargo smartreader v2, but not in FTDI mode and works 100%.

if you use oscam+smartreaderv2, you can use it in libusb mode, its even beter than fdti, maybe you could try.

My problem is that it's not being detected by the kernel. I have no devices listed for the smargo if I issue a lsusb command.

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 2013:0246 PCTV Systems PCTV 74E
Bus 002 Device 003: ID f400:f400
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Only my dvb-t stick and usb drive.

How do I not use FTDI?

if it is for oscam, you have to compile oscam whith libusb suport( on their site explains how to), and configure you reader for smargov2 mode.

i use this way as guideline:

-chroot package instaled on dsm6.0 (syno comunity i think);

inside chroot:

- all dependencies for build oscam+libusb dev (apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev);

- oscam compiled whith libusb mode( ......make libusb);

- in oscam.server, reader configured for smargov2.

i have tried both modes and works beter on this one.

I test this new leader in my VmWare workstation (latest), and it wirk fine!

I test these 2 setup (on a Asus motherboard, AMD 8 core cpu, 16Go ram, windows 10 on SSD, Antec casing with lot of cooling and Icydock hdd cage) :

Direct attach the HDD to the VM

- allows direct configuration from synology of the HDD

- can't see SMART info (of course, its VMware disk)

- let DSM manage the RAID

- Can't set Autoboot VM with this configuration

- Can see the Synology partition created on the disk by synology

Create a hudge VMDK / physical disk

- Autoboot VM supported

- Can't see the Synology partition created on the disk. During my test i only created 9 Gb VMSK... So total space was very low, because of the other partition.

In the second configuration, i simulate the lost of a drive (delete the VMDK file), and then recreate another one. Work perfectly! So it's robust enough to replace damaged disk. But i need a HDD monitor solution (to read SMART info), so i can proactively change defective HDD... Any ideas?

Of course, if i use a bootloader, no VmWare, this is probably resolved, but my AMD not seem working yet (probably because of the GPU card? NVidia GTX 680)

Currently, i have a DS410 with 4x 3TB, + 1 DS210J. I mirror important data between them each Friday.

Envoyé de mon SM-T700 en utilisant Tapatalk

if it is for oscam, you have to compile oscam whith libusb suport( on their site explains how to), and configure you reader for smargov2 mode.

inside chroot:

- all dependencies for build oscam+libusb dev (apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev);

I'm using smartreader protocol, pre-configured in Windows (naming) and using in oscam.server.

When I use lsusb, oscam does not see device.

When I use lsusb on ssh, device is not seen.

This is with and without 'USBSerialDrivers' package.

inside chroot:

I'm using smartreader protocol, pre-configured in Windows (naming) and using in oscam.server.

When I use lsusb, oscam does not see device.

When I use lsusb on ssh, device is not seen.

This is with and without 'USBSerialDrivers' package.

Cant help on that, my works 100%, whithout drivers.

Hi Community,

I created a simple video to show the beginner how to prepare the Synoboot.img bootable device and also how to find your pendrive VID and PID.

Below is the youtube link.

Hope this will help the beginner on the preparation.

Thank you.

Jason

EasyTech

Thank you so much mate :- that was a big help for a noob like me.

Can I use the same method to upgrade (not a fresh install) from DSM 5.2-5644 on a barmetal mini computer (lenovo M700) to DSM 6.0.2 without data loss on the SSD ?

Thanx in advnced

Common guys cant wait for one to confirm the above - holding back couse of my lack of experience- Hope some one who knows if I preb. the USB with the latest boot image ver. 1.0.1 and install the DSM 6.0.2 over DSM 5.2-5644 will it merge my existing data on the HD and I can continue where I left off when it was on DSM 5.2 ?

PC= lenovo M700 tiny.

Thanx

Hello all,

I have followed the direction here and managed to get the system up and installed. However, i cant seem to find the option for SHR or SHR2. I check the synology site and it seems it is still available in DSM6, but the only options i have are to create a raid group. Has SHR been removed from xpenology?

thanks for your time and efforts on this project

edit: forgot to mention, this is bare metal if it matters, also tried in vm-workstation with the same out come

Hello all,

I have followed the direction here and managed to get the system up and installed. However, i cant seem to find the option for SHR or SHR2. I check the synology site and it seems it is still available in DSM6, but the only options i have are to create a raid group. Has SHR been removed from xpenology?

edit: forgot to mention, this is bare metal if it matters, also tried in vm-workstation with the same out come

edit /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf

comment out/delete

supportraidgroup="yes"

then add

support_syno_hybrid_raid="yes"

Hi Community,

I created a simple video to show the beginner how to prepare the Synoboot.img bootable device and also how to find your pendrive VID and PID.

Thank you.

Jason

EasyTech

Can I use the same method to upgrade (not a fresh install) from DSM 5.2-5644 on a barmetal mini computer (lenovo M700) to DSM 6.0.2 without data loss on the SSD ?

Thanx in advnced

Common guys cant wait for one to confirm the above - holding back couse of my lack of experience- Hope some one who knows if I preb. the USB with the latest boot image ver. 1.0.1 and install the DSM 6.0.2 over DSM 5.2-5644 will it merge my existing data on the HD and I can continue where I left off when it was on DSM 5.2 ?

PC= lenovo M700 tiny.

Thanx

Have you actually tried searching the forums, if you had you would have found your answer: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22100

Hi Community,

Thanx in advnced

PC= lenovo M700 tiny.

Test i did :

I build a VM with XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5967.1, and install the latest compatible version of DSM.

Then, i create 4 disk of 10 Go, and use RAID5 to create 1 volume.

I copy fiew thing inside the Volume (2630 files, 265 folder, 4.3 Go).

Now it's time to "upgrade"...

So i shutdown the VM (in fact, shutdown the NAS from the web interface), then i copy all new file from BootLoader V1.01, edit the VM setting and manually added existing VMDK (Disk1 to 4) ... In the non-VmWorld.. it's like create a new USB drive, and boot from it !

Then i use the "find.synology.com", Click on "install" and "migration", and manual install the new version of DSM (dowloaded from Synology Website).

Once reboot, i log into the new NAS. My old password was still working !

And the "Test" folder i create inside was still there !

I did that because when i update my DS410 from DSM4 to DSM5, it change a lot (like the file format from ext2or3 to ext4). I was thinking that i lost all of my data... but it was not the case, the Volume was still there. Only lost all setting from the NAS (username, installed package,...). So i re-create the username, then added to me the right to see all Shared folder that was not visible ... and everyhting return to normal !

i appreciate the quick reply, it worked just fine.

Thank you

Hello all,

edit /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf

comment out/delete

supportraidgroup="yes"

then add

support_syno_hybrid_raid="yes"

Anyone gotten an LSI SAS 12 Gig 3108 using ESXI passthrough working in for any of these 6.0.2 loaders? I've tried many of them and have yet to see the drives show up. When I passthrough the controller to Ubuntu, I see them as:

LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual Ultra320 SCSI (rev 01)

but I don't see them on the latest Jun release.

Any pointers (grub parameters?) appreciated.

thx

Hi Community,

Thank you.

Jason

EasyTech

Thanx in advnced

PC= lenovo M700 tiny.

Thanx

Have you actually tried searching the forums, if you had you would have found your answer: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22100

Hi boOmLa,

Yes, please follow the tutorial that shared by Dfds. I did a testing on my another machine, 5.2 - 6.0 without problem.

However, still recommend you to back up the data and configuration file.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jason

EasyTech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk