XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

God this thread is already confusing enough without having to log in and see ( was "A new loader for latest DSM").

Making it sound like something went wrong and searching the thread for 15 min looking for info only to find nothing.

Yup lets make this thread a bit more of a mess to navigate :oops:

I think we need to split this thread into FAQ. Confirmed HW, support requests and a read only thread for devs to post updates.

Since there are considerable difference between beta source and the release version, I write and compile kernel modules instead, even the AMD kernel is a combination of the original kernel and the AMD support code compiled as module (sort of). I compile beta src kernel only to aid debugging, itself does not work properly, lacking required symbol etc, and I do not bother to fix it.

can you provide a quick writeup on how you added LSI support as an example so that some of us can work on doing the same for other drivers?

most drivers has nothing special, and for special drivers, better to wait for proper kernel source. For LSI hba, I use existing driver, patch the kernel to make it has proper device name, from sas* to sd*

thanks for the info. Do you have any of your stuff on Github? Also, any chance you might add intel LAN support? Thanks.

I have looked everywhere on the internet and in my hp gen7 specs, i can't find how to configure the sata option for the N54L with 5 disks installed.

Is there a risk to test several ? Like 41, 50 or 401 ?

Just upgraded my N54L. You need to ensure you delay first menu Timeout to 5 sec. so you can select the AMD boot. Just set VID and PID (and MAC/Serial if needed). No Sata port settings required.

God this thread is already confusing enough without having to log in and see ( was "A new loader for latest DSM").

Making it sound like something went wrong and searching the thread for 15 min looking for info only to find nothing.

Yup lets make this thread a bit more of a mess to navigate :oops:

I think we need to split this thread into FAQ. Confirmed HW, support requests and a read only thread for devs to post updates.

Hardware thread http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22802

Support thread http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22801

FAQ's should be in the second post on this thread which should also become the Dev announcement one.

Hi Community,

I created a simple video to show the beginner how to prepare the Synoboot.img bootable device and also how to find your pendrive VID and PID.

Below is the youtube link.

Hope this will help the beginner on the preparation.

Thank you.

Jason

EasyTech

Thank you so much mate :- that was a big help for a noob like me.

Can I use the same method to upgrade (not a fresh install) from DSM 5.2-5644 on a barmetal mini computer (lenovo M700) to DSM 6.0.2 without data loss on the SSD ?

Thanx in advnced

Edited by Guest

First a thanks to the developers of this mighty fine bootloader. I'm using it on a baremetal N54L and all works great, even DVB-T! :smile:

The only thing I run into is the following. I have a Smargo Smartreader V2 for decrypting DVB-T channels. The device uses FTDI for Serial and is not recognized out of the box. So, I had to install the 'USBSerialDrivers DSM 6.0' package from Jadahl. Now the device is recognised but it won't instsall driver or map to /dev/(ttyUSBx).

This is what I see in my dmesg log:

[  241.750500] usbserial: USB Serial deregistering driver FTDI USB Serial Device
[  241.750531] usbcore: deregistering interface driver ftdi_sio
[  327.902940] usbcore: registered new interface driver ftdi_sio
[  327.902966] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for FTDI USB Serial Device
[  327.916916] usbcore: registered new interface driver ti_usb_3410_5052
[  327.916941] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for TI USB 3410 1 port adapter
[  327.916957] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for TI USB 5052 2 port adapter

Is the firmware (ti_3410.fw) present in the DSM 6.0 kernel? How to check?

Linux NAS 3.10.77 #8451 SMP Wed Aug 17 05:12:41 CST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_bromolow_3615xs 

Has anyone a suggestion?

Hi, guys!

I have issue with LAN driver on 6.0.2 loader. It's zotac motherboard ZOTAC IONITX-L-E and it's works fine on 5.2. This driver on 5.2:

# dmesg | grep eth
[    4.092855] forcedeth: Reverse Engineered nForce ethernet driver. Version 0.64.
[    4.093612] forcedeth 0000:00:0a.0: setting latency timer to 64
[    4.147172] forcedeth 0000:00:0a.0: ifname eth0, PHY OUI 0x732 @ 3, addr XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
[    4.147187] forcedeth 0000:00:0a.0: highdma csum pwrctl gbit lnktim msi desc-v3
[    4.622171] jme: JMicron JMC2XX ethernet driver version 1.0.8
[    6.654336] usbcore: registered new interface driver ethub

Do develops have any plans to compile drivers for it? Thank you!

First a thanks to the developers of this mighty fine bootloader. I'm using it on a baremetal N54L and all works great, even DVB-T! :smile:

The only thing I run into is the following. I have a Smargo Smartreader V2 for decrypting DVB-T channels. The device uses FTDI for Serial and is not recognized out of the box. So, I had to install the 'USBSerialDrivers DSM 6.0' package from Jadahl. Now the device is recognised but it won't instsall driver or map to /dev/(ttyUSBx).

This is what I see in my dmesg log:

[  241.750500] usbserial: USB Serial deregistering driver FTDI USB Serial Device
[  241.750531] usbcore: deregistering interface driver ftdi_sio
[  327.902940] usbcore: registered new interface driver ftdi_sio
[  327.902966] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for FTDI USB Serial Device
[  327.916916] usbcore: registered new interface driver ti_usb_3410_5052
[  327.916941] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for TI USB 3410 1 port adapter
[  327.916957] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for TI USB 5052 2 port adapter

Is the firmware (ti_3410.fw) present in the DSM 6.0 kernel? How to check?

Linux NAS 3.10.77 #8451 SMP Wed Aug 17 05:12:41 CST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_bromolow_3615xs 

Has anyone a suggestion?

i use one smargo smartreader v2, but not in FTDI mode and works 100%.

if you use oscam+smartreaderv2, you can use it in libusb mode, its even beter than fdti, maybe you could try.