XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Is anyone else having issues with their ups? I just got a cyperpower or500 that I'm trying to get working, but doesn't seem to be noticing that it is plugged in. I only have options in the ups management page for network ups's. Is there something else that needs to be installed? This ups should be compatible, but haven't figured out what is going on yet. Any help would be awesome!

This is on bare metal btw, usb ports are working correctly.

Only problem at the moment → no https connections via Apps like ds get, ds audio to the dynamic dns domain from the server. Any ideas? I deleted the history on my phone and added a Let's Encrypt Certificate for the server.

I have a gen8 which I upgraded from 5.2.x and then a totally fresh clean build and https worked fine for the apps in both cases.

Just need to do all the regular stuff like setup the ports etc. in the application portal and set the firewall rules. I also setup a lets encrypt cert no problems there either, but I only assigned it to sites hosted on the web server using virtual domains, not the apps.

The only thing that seems different is the auto/forced redirect for http to https. I just fixed that with htaccess rules after failing to find the option in the control panel. I haven't got round to trying the reverse proxy yet. I think you may need to use reverse proxy to apply the lets encrypt cert to apps based on a few comments I have read elsewhere. I don't open the apps up to the outside world so I haven't investigated that as yet.

htaccess rule

RewriteEngine On 
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80 
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.example.com/$1 [R,L]

It was supposed that the drivers of older loader are integrated, but sil3112 isn't working anymore.

My motherboard's onboard controller isn't working either (VIA VT8237A).

They were both working on Xpenology 5.2.

The only adapter working now is sil3132. :cry:

Edited by Guest

It was supposed that the drivers of older loader are integrated, but sil3112 isn't working anymore.

My motherboard's onboard controller isn't working either (don't remember what it is, but I will get back to it).

The only adapter working is sil3132. :cry:

For the developpers :

how to find all source code for the drivers as the Silicon Image 3112 ?

Edited by Guest

So I did some more testing for my cyberpower ups. I drug it over to my 1513+ and it did not recognize it being connected to the usb either. Tried switching the usb cable and it worked (the first one did work when plugged into a computer however). So I thought wow, I'm such a boob, that was easy. Drug it back to my xpenology test system and plugged everything back in and...nothing. Are there some drivers or something that could be missing? Anything that someone could suggest I check? USB flash drives work fine when plugging them in, so I know the usb ports are working.

Disclosure, I'm using one of the original dsm methods from page 10? or something. Everything else was working great on my system and it didn't look like I was gaining anything by using some of the new releases as my sata controllers and nic were working great out of the box.

Did some more digging on what could be going on. I'm thinking my ups only has a usb 1.1 port. I've read where previous xpenology builds didn't have the driver modules to talk to 1.1 devices, but that post was several years old and may not apply here. Does this DSM 6.0 have any such modules included(UHCI or OHCI)?

*Edit:

Also just tried on an old APC UPS, and no go with that either.

Hey guys & girls,

as I sadly can´t text segator by PM I wanted to raise the question to all of you again.

I´m trying to setup DSM 6 in my unRAID System, but I can´t really finish it.

1. I´m setting up the image (synoboot.img) as first disk as VirtIO and the second disk as data disk in SATA

2. I´m editing the xml file and put "e1000" istead of "virtio" in my ethernet adapter

3. I´m installing everything and getting failure 13.

I know how to change VID/PID on a usb stick but as I don´t know how to extract it and edit it on the "virtual USB stick" in the first disk.

Somebody´s help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Christian

----------------------------

edit:

Changed the first disk to SATA and now it seems to work.

Was someone here sucessful with a Atom C2750 / C2550 MB?

I tried to setup a baremetal system on my Supermicro A1SAM and system "seems" to boot correctly.

Display shows "Kernel booting" and my router gives out dhcp leases to both of the pluged in ethernet ports.

I am not able to connect via IP Adress:5000

Neither does http://find.synology.com/ show any system, nor does the desktop app shows a system.

PID/VID is changed and the same usb drive boots my Asrock QC5000-ITX just fine.

Suggestions?

I tried to setup a baremetal system on my Supermicro A1SAM and system "seems" to boot correctly.

Display shows "Kernel booting" and my router gives out dhcp leases to both of the pluged in ethernet ports.

Neither does http://find.synology.com/ show any system, nor does the desktop app shows a system.

Suggestions?

the DHCP lease might be from before you tried DSM 6.0.

Ok, so had another go with the installation on my KVM (Virtualisation Station) which is running on my QNap NAS all all went perfectly.

I used the 1.01 image file. Changed the MAC and Serial (Left the VID & PID as is)

Converted the img file to q2cows

Created a new VM with IDE HD booting the synoboot.img

Created a SATA drive for files etc.

Used the Intel Network card and matched the MAC to the one on the grub.cfg

Booted and everything works hunky dory.

So far I've tried most of the packages including using BTFS and they seem to be working fine! So you have a very happy customer here!

Thanks guys for all your hard work!! Really appreciate it.

Hi. How can convert the img to q2cows ???

Suggestions?

I remember there were a couple of users reporting that specific Intel network card is not supported. ?210 or something.

Hello! Please help

I'm download the latest loader "Jun's v1.01 loader" and try install on ESXI 6. When I try to install it manually using a PAT file, I get errors "Can not format the disk"

When I'm create VM, I added second disk.

What am I doing wrong???

What type of hdd are you adding??? if its a sata they wont work, in my case i used scsi and no dramas that was in vmware if that helps

Just one question i need to compile tbs drivers to teste, where can i get the source you guys are using to compile modules??

We use quicknick 3.10.77-7274 kernel source from https://github.com/quiknick/7274-kernel (newer is not available).

Compilation kernel modules is easy (I found it how to do it in http://setsunakawa.ddns.net/synology/dsm6/developer-guide.pdf):

cp synoconfigs/bromolow .config
make ARCH="x86_64" oldconfig
make ARCH="x86_64" menuconfig
make ARCH="x86_64" modules

Our kernel modules are saved in extra.lzma. To extract extra.lzma I use this bash script:

#!/bin/bash
rm -r extra
mkdir extra
cd extra
unlzma  -c ../extra.lzma | cpio -im
cd ..

And for repack:

#!/bin/bash
cd extra
find . | cpio -o -H newc | lzma > ../extra_new.lzma
cd ..

Kernel modules are loaded in order as they are defined in /etc/rc.modules:

EXTRA_MODULES="mii mdio libphy atl1 atl1e atl1c alx uio ipg jme skge sky2 ptp_pch pch_gbe qla3xxx qlcnic qlge netxen_nic sfc e1000 pcnet32 vmxnet3 bnx2 libcrc32c bnx2x cnic e1000e igb ixgbe r8101 r8168 r8169 tg3 usbnet ax88179_178a button evdev"
DISK_MODULES="BusLogic vmw_pvscsi megaraid_mm megaraid_mbox megaraid scsi_transport_spi mptbase mptscsih mptspi mptsas mptctl ata_piix megaraid_sas mpt2sas mpt3sas"
EXTRA_FIRMWARES="tigon/tg3_tso5.bin tigon/tg3_tso.bin tigon/tg3.bin"

For compiling modules from external sources i created symlink from kernel source root to /lib/modules/3.10.77/build. Then most of Makefiles will work without any change.

As a build machine I use my nas with installed debian-chroot package. There I just installed build-essential, ncurses-dev and bc packages:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential ncurses-dev bc

Hi,

1) which Linux are you running to do compilation?

2) do you run a Linux VM in your nas to do it or just the NAS OS itself? (the latest loader?)

3) do you have problem install the debian chroot? (I don't seems get the apt-get works)

@Jun Can you share the steps to recompile your patched kernel zImage? I can recompile the kernel with Hyper-V support, but it seems still not work, so I guess I missed the proper patch for DSM6.0.2?

Since there are considerable difference between beta source and the release version, I write and compile kernel modules instead, even the AMD kernel is a combination of the original kernel and the AMD support code compiled as module (sort of). I compile beta src kernel only to aid debugging, itself does not work properly, lacking required symbol etc, and I do not bother to fix it.

Just one question i need to compile tbs drivers to teste, where can i get the source you guys are using to compile modules??

We use quicknick 3.10.77-7274 kernel source from https://github.com/quiknick/7274-kernel (newer is not available).

Compilation kernel modules is easy (I found it how to do it in http://setsunakawa.ddns.net/synology/dsm6/developer-guide.pdf):

Our kernel modules are saved in extra.lzma. To extract extra.lzma I use this bash script:

#!/bin/bash
rm -r extra
mkdir extra
cd extra
cd ..

And for repack:

#!/bin/bash
cd extra
cd ..

EXTRA_MODULES="mii mdio libphy atl1 atl1e atl1c alx uio ipg jme skge sky2 ptp_pch pch_gbe qla3xxx qlcnic qlge netxen_nic sfc e1000 pcnet32 vmxnet3 bnx2 libcrc32c bnx2x cnic e1000e igb ixgbe r8101 r8168 r8169 tg3 usbnet ax88179_178a button evdev"
DISK_MODULES="BusLogic vmw_pvscsi megaraid_mm megaraid_mbox megaraid scsi_transport_spi mptbase mptscsih mptspi mptsas mptctl ata_piix megaraid_sas mpt2sas mpt3sas"

For compiling modules from external sources i created symlink from kernel source root to /lib/modules/3.10.77/build. Then most of Makefiles will work without any change.

As a build machine I use my nas with installed debian-chroot package. There I just installed build-essential, ncurses-dev and bc packages:

sudo apt-get update

Hi,

2) do you run a Linux VM in your nas to do it or just the NAS OS itself? (the latest loader?)

3) do you have problem install the debian chroot? (I don't seems get the apt-get works)

i compile inside chroot, instaled on dsm 6.0.

Chroot works, but as some problems, if you change your dns on dsm, it will not change on chroot, you have to do it manualy, thats your problem with apt-get wont work.

look for nameserver and configure.

#!/bin/bash
rm -r extra
mkdir extra
cd extra
cd ..

And for repack:

#!/bin/bash
cd extra
cd ..

sudo apt-get update

Hi,

Chroot works, but as some problems, if you change your dns on dsm, it will not change on chroot, you have to do it manualy, thats your problem with apt-get wont work.

To fix dns cp /etc/resolv.conf /chrootdir/etc/

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Some Info for N54L users (AMD based)

I burned the newest 1.01 Image on my USB Stick, adjusted PID, VID, SNR and MAC but still ran into "Booting the Kernel" without finding the NAS in my network.

After i adjusted the timeout to '5' i had the chance to see the grub menu, where i could choose the AMD entry, which did the trick :smile:

Thanks for the hard work :smile:

Did you perform an upgrade of DSM5.2 or did you do a clean install?

Hi,

To fix dns cp /etc/resolv.conf /chrootdir/etc/

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I did the modules but I have problem on extract lzma

should I do it in chroot ?