XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Just convert synoboot.img to vhd with Starwind Convert. work very well. Boot but if you fail, it maybe ethernet problem..

http://imgur.com/a/C6ujx

Done, it's just staying on this screen. From a few posts back I've read that adding an serial port can fix this in ESXi, but no luck in Hyper-V.

Anyone suggestions?

Edit: Generation 2 version of the VM in Hyper-V will leave me with the error "error: terminal 'serial' isn't found." Adding an SERIAL port in Generation 2 is not possible by default.

I updated my HP N54L 5.2 to 6.0.2 and worked very well, after that, I updated to update 2, and now doesn't work any service SSH,HTTP,etc I cant conect to web DSM 5000 port. I try to reinstall 6.0.2 but dont find the dsm in synology assistant. Any idea?

As far as I am aware people who have updated to update 2 didn't have any problems, so the issue must be coming from your machine or from an update that went wrong.

The reasons behind your issue could be multiple.

I did experience something similar to you but only when I changed mtu to 9000. I couldn't access my machine through most services but strangly I could still access plex and a few othet stuff through very specific ports.

Are your NICs bonded? If not do you have mtu set above 1500? If yes you might have to acces your installation through a live ununtu cd. If you search this thread you will find my posts about it.

If it's none of the above then come back here.

Thank you very much, I could finally reinstall the 6.0.2 DSM changing the grub.conf adding support for AMD reinstall the option, then can find my NAS in http://find.synology.com and doing a clean install but keeping data, and I have access to my data.

The NIC MTU was in 2000, I changed it to 1500 and worked apparently after the change upgraded to version 2 and when I lost the services.

I get to this screen but can't connect to or find dsm using synology assistant.

Any pointers from anyone?

http://imgur.com/a/c8Ysx

c8Ysx

Looks like I found my issue.

My machines has C2000 SoC I354 Quad GbE NIC controllers & LSI SAS 9211-8i.

The first image (setsunakawa's) I tried supported my NIC but not the LSI HBA. Jun's image suppports the LSI HBA but not the NICs.

Can someone point me to a wiki or documentation that can help me with building in additional drivers?

A new loader with included drivers will be out in the coming days. Stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thanks, much appreciated.

Edited by Guest

has anyone been able to get 2 or more Nic's working, I have a single card that is recognized and I have tried 2 quad cards 210i and older intel pro quad and while they are recognized I can't get an ip,

Been able to use 4 no issues.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Do you have the four nics bonded?

For those interrested, the update 6.1 Beta do NOT works via update function, using the given pat file by Synology :evil:

https://global.download.synology.com/do ... _14871.pat

Hi.

Can you provide some more information about what doesn't work? What did you test exactly?

Has anyone else tested this update?

Edited by Guest

Just convert synoboot.img to vhd with Starwind Convert. work very well. Boot but if you fail, it maybe ethernet problem..

Done, it's just staying on this screen. From a few posts back I've read that adding an serial port can fix this in ESXi, but no luck in Hyper-V.

Anyone suggestions?

Edit: Generation 2 version of the VM in Hyper-V will leave me with the error "error: terminal 'serial' isn't found." Adding an SERIAL port in Generation 2 is not possible by default.

Not true.. You have to use Powershell.. Look up the Get-VM and Get-VMComPort / Set-VMComPort for more options.

I have tried both VM v1 and VM v2 with a COM port capture. It boots but the nic is missing. We need the hyper-v kernel components.

Anyone suggestions?

Not true.. You have to use Powershell.. Look up the Get-VM and Get-VMComPort / Set-VMComPort for more options.

I have tried both VM v1 and VM v2 with a COM port capture. It boots but the nic is missing. We need the hyper-v kernel components.

You're right, but it's not in the settings menu by default when the VM is Gen2, that's what I meant.

Yes, the NIC is missing.. :sad:

For those interrested, the update 6.1 Beta do NOT works via update function, using the given pat file by Synology :evil:

https://global.download.synology.com/do ... _14871.pat

Hi.

Can you provide some more information about what doesn't work? What did you test exactly?

Has anyone else tested this update?

Beta are not deployed via update function, but "manually"

Btw, I tried :

- Via DSM manual update uploading the pat file

- Via a clean install with blank disks during a standard install process using the 6.1 pat file instead of 6.01u2

In both cases the update initiated, and then the system reboot at the end but restart by detecting a "disk migration", then tried to update/clean system ... rebooting etc.

Hello,

I'm using the same setup than you. When I tried with Jun's V1.0, I installed DSM6 on a separate virtual disk. It was just for testing and do not want to upgrade DSM on the disks connected to the LSI as they contain prod data (I still use them in a VM running DSM5.2)

The VM started without any problem with the LSI connected via PCI passthrough. And DSM see the disk and volume present on the LSI (just complaining about the system partition but that's normal).

Could you explain what's the exact step causing the issue ?

Regards,

TitiD

Hello,

It turns out I forgot to blank the pins on my card so while my server worked fine on a physical install, VMWare wouldn't pass the card through properly. I blanked the pins and now it boots normally :grin:

I am using fresh drives and I have decided to keep my prod drives on DSM 5 for now. We will see how stable DSM 6 is with the new loader but I wouldn't move your data just yet is there is still some small issues that need to be worked out :smile:

Big thanks to Jun, Trantor, Quicknick and all the other fantastic devs that made this possible!

Can somebody help me?

I have install beta 6.1 but noe is my xpenology bricked.

How can i restore it witout loosing data?

Oh boy! Not sure what led you to use this under dev. loader with an OS version not supported by it and to topple the thing in beta. To add insult to injury you did all this on a machine containing your data.... sigh.

At the present state of things I beleive you have 2 possible choices:

1 - wait for a loader that is compatible with 6.1. This is not a warranty you will be able to boot dsm but there is a remote possibility that you will be able to at least install dsm 6.1 if and when the loader comes out one day;

2 - use a live cd of your liking (ubuntu for example) to access the data partions of your drives and recover all your data that way. I would personally go down this route if I was you, but hey since you like living dangerously you might want to wait untill a potentially working loader supporting dsm 6.1 comes out.

In the meantime, good luck.

Can somebody help me?

Oh boy! Not sure what led you to use this under dev. loader with an OS version not supported by it and to topple the thing in beta. To add insult to injury you did all this on a machine containing your data.... sigh.

1 - wait for a loader that is compatible with 6.1. This is not a warranty you will be able to boot dsm but there is a remote possibility that you will be able to at least install dsm 6.1 if and when the loader comes out one day;

2 - use a live cd of your liking (ubuntu for example) to access the data partions of your drives and recover all your data that way. I would personally go down this route if I was you, but hey since you like living dangerously you might want to wait untill a potentially working loader supporting dsm 6.1 comes out.

Thanks for your reply.

I think i reiinstall it.

Did soneone know hoa it comes that i get an error wenn i have connect only 1 hdd on my q1900 and have the sata settings on 1 that i get an error and have t choose for force install in the loader?

Anyone suggestions?

You're right, but it's not in the settings menu by default when the VM is Gen2, that's what I meant.

Yes, the NIC is missing.. :sad:

I don't suppose you can share your ISO of DSM 6 can you?

I tried using an IMG to ISO converter and it failed.

I have no idea how to work under the bonnet of Xpenology but I'm pretty good at PowerShell so can hopefully work with people to get Hyper-V support up and running.

Can somebody help me?

i have fix it witout lossing data only the settings.

i had an old hdd that i connect to te xpenology (only that one) and install it as new

wen it was ready i connect the other disks and it recogniced it and it works ! :grin:

Is it possible to update DSM 6.02-8451 Update 2 through Webupdater or should I use .pat files?

Another question, are there any port restrictions?

I have on my HP Microserver Gen8 two USB 3 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (from ANKER).

They work OOB on DSM5 with Synoboot but now they lost their function.

Some Info for N54L users (AMD based)

I burned the newest 1.01 Image on my USB Stick, adjusted PID, VID, SNR and MAC but still ran into "Booting the Kernel" without finding the NAS in my network.

After i adjusted the timeout to '5' i had the chance to see the grub menu, where i could choose the AMD entry, which did the trick :smile:

Thanks for the hard work :smile:

Some Info for N54L users (AMD based)

I burned the newest 1.01 Image on my USB Stick, adjusted PID, VID, SNR and MAC but still ran into "Booting the Kernel" without finding the NAS in my network.

After i adjusted the timeout to '5' i had the chance to see the grub menu, where i could choose the AMD entry, which did the trick :smile:

Thanks for the hard work :smile:

I thought one second is enough :grin: