XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

I'm still stuck on the "Booting the kernel ..." with no DSM access screen after leaving it over night.

I've checked my router/switch and the server doesn't have an assigned ip address.

Same here, after it worked for about two Weeks with restarts every day... :oops:

Hey there,

I've failed booting from USB on my Microserver Gen. 8.

Anybody running successfully Juns v1.0.1 on a HP Microserver?

The problem maybe is the GPT partition table which comes from Win32DiskImager.

But is there an alternate tool to create an MBR formated boot drive?

Edit: Problem was a defect USB Stick, trying another works like a charm :smile:

Does someone have step by step instructions for editing the vmdk file to add serial/mac? I have been running DSM 6 on bare metal for a few day without issue but I am trying to migrate to ESXi. Running into odd "Operation Failed" messages when trying to edit settings for example changing the port from 5000. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks :smile:

I get to this screen but can't connect to or find dsm using synology assistant.

Any pointers from anyone?

http://imgur.com/a/c8Ysx

c8Ysx

Looks like I found my issue.

My machines has C2000 SoC I354 Quad GbE NIC controllers & LSI SAS 9211-8i.

The first image (setsunakawa's) I tried supported my NIC but not the LSI HBA. Jun's image suppports the LSI HBA but not the NICs.

Can someone point me to a wiki or documentation that can help me with building in additional drivers?

I updated my HP N54L 5.2 to 6.0.2 and worked very well, after that, I updated to update 2, and now doesn't work any service SSH,HTTP,etc I cant conect to web DSM 5000 port. I try to reinstall 6.0.2 but dont find the dsm in synology assistant. Any idea?

As far as I am aware people who have updated to update 2 didn't have any problems, so the issue must be coming from your machine or from an update that went wrong.

The reasons behind your issue could be multiple.

I did experience something similar to you but only when I changed mtu to 9000. I couldn't access my machine through most services but strangly I could still access plex and a few other stuff through very specific ports.

Are your NICs bonded? If not do you have mtu set above 1500? If yes you might have to acces your installation through a live ununtu cd. If you search this thread you will find my posts about it.

If it's none of the above then come back here.

Edited by Guest

Hi Folks,

I successfully edited the vmdk to add my actual Synology serial without issues by mapping and editing the vmdk on VMWare Workstation :smile:

I have successfully installed and updated DSM 6 on ESXi but I cannot boot with my LSI 9211-8i in IT mode via PCI Passthrough. When I add the card to the VM, It will disconnect me from the host and fail to boot. Anyone with this card encounter this issue? I'm using Jun's Mod V1.01.

I've seen a few people say this card works without issue so I'd be interested to know your step by steps.

Cheers :grin:

I get to this screen but can't connect to or find dsm using synology assistant.

Any pointers from anyone?

http://imgur.com/a/c8Ysx

c8Ysx

Looks like I found my issue.

My machines has C2000 SoC I354 Quad GbE NIC controllers & LSI SAS 9211-8i.

The first image (setsunakawa's) I tried supported my NIC but not the LSI HBA. Jun's image suppports the LSI HBA but not the NICs.

Can someone point me to a wiki or documentation that can help me with building in additional drivers?

A new loader with included drivers will be out in the coming days. Stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

has anyone been able to get 2 or more Nic's working, I have a single card that is recognized and I have tried 2 quad cards 210i and older intel pro quad and while they are recognized I can't get an ip,

Been able to use 4 no issues.

Could you advise what config on grub.cfg to make 4 nic work? I tried to add mac address / remove mac, but both can't work. I'm using 2 onboard Intel Lan and one single Intel Lan card with 2 ports.

I will be providing updated loader with configuration tool to assist everyone modifying configurations from within xpenology so no one will have to modfy in boot cds or other methods. I will start a new thread on that this weekend. Stay tuned!

Thanks quicknick! Could you possibly bake in the Mellanox drivers too?

Hi Folks,

I successfully edited the vmdk to add my actual Synology serial without issues by mapping and editing the vmdk on VMWare Workstation :smile:

I have successfully installed and updated DSM 6 on ESXi but I cannot boot with my LSI 9211-8i in IT mode via PCI Passthrough. When I add the card to the VM, It will disconnect me from the host and fail to boot. Anyone with this card encounter this issue? I'm using Jun's Mod V1.01.

I've seen a few people say this card works without issue so I'd be interested to know your step by steps.

Cheers :grin:

Hello,

I'm using the same setup than you. When I tried with Jun's V1.0, I installed DSM6 on a separate virtual disk. It was just for testing and do not want to upgrade DSM on the disks connected to the LSI as they contain prod data (I still use them in a VM running DSM5.2)

The VM started without any problem with the LSI connected via PCI passthrough. And DSM see the disk and volume present on the LSI (just complaining about the system partition but that's normal).

Could you explain what's the exact step causing the issue ?

Regards,

TitiD