XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Watch, watch and watch or simply read the f***** manual ftp://europe.asrock.com/Manual/QC5000-ITXPH.pdf. Pages 3,6,7, 42. :lol::lol::lol:

Please, report your conclusion. I have this mobo too. Not running XPEnology though.

Good catch, but most people they're lazy to read f**** manual. Can you check manual and help people who currently get stuck on HP n54l with 6HDDS?

My final setting is 242. :grin:

"sataportmap=242" is ok with n54l with 6 disks?

Oh... no. Eduardo asked me my setting because he has the same my mobo Asrock QC5000-itx.

For those who have HP n54l, you guys should check with manual or HP website, take a picture of all onboard sata ports (or whatever) to see (or guess) how many controllers it has. Then test with hard drives that have SNs written down. That's your job, men. I don't have it. :mrgreen:

Oh... no. Eduardo asked me my setting because he has the same my mobo Asrock QC5000-itx.

For those who have HP n54l, you guys should check with manual or HP website, take a picture of all onboard sata ports (or whatever) to see (or guess) how many controllers it has. Then test with hard drives that have SNs written down. That's your job, men. I don't have it. :mrgreen:

Well done! I'm out home till next week. I'll try when back.

Regarding HP N54L, I guess two controllers. One for internal bays and the other for 0dd and eSATA. I plugged a LSI 9211-8i on mine (N54L) that is controlling internal bays. For backups, I installed a hot plug tool free bay on the odd place, and is controlled by N54L mobo second controller and acts as eSATA. So, for my above configuration, on DSM 5.2 I have:

esataportcfg="0x0030"

usbportcfg="0x3f80"

internalportcfg="0x004f"

maxdisks="12"

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0011 0000 = esataportcfg

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0011 1111 1000 0000 = usbportcfg

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 1111 = internalportcfg

Mind that all the 8 sata ports of the LSi are seen as one, due to the way disks are numbered.

First of all, a big thank you to the devs !!!!

I can confirm, that the ovf deployment isn't possible, because of that i/o error. I have no idea why, but after some fiddling around i managed to run it on esxi 6.0 u2 Build 4192238.

I used VMware Fusion PRO 8.5.1 to accomplish it.

Just open the .vmx file with Fusion and you have to change at least the HW Version from 12 to 11.

You should keep VMDK Bus type of SATA, otherwise the disk will show up later as a data disk in Synology.

After setting this up you can then let Fusion Pro move it to your ESXI server or you might generate a new OVF template (not testet)

From there on you can boot up and proceed like you would do with a regular Synology.

What i have tested so far

- Setting up an raid5 on a lsi2008 controller via pci-passthrough - works like a charm, temperature, smart status is ok

- changing MTU beyond 3000 let the vm instantly reboot - for my tests i used a VMXNET 3 type NIC - so i can confirm the problem jun mentioned in his post.

- docker is working (I'am not sure if you have to set up the hypervisor flag or not, at least i did it for my test.

- i even installed the open-vmware-tools.spk from my previous 5.2 build.

One thing i'am not sure about is the BS type of Debian 8. ESXI is reporting that there is a mismatch between the running 3.10.77 kernel and the debian8 bs type. So i might change it and see if this change anything. Maybe someone with more advanced skills can elaborate on this, thanks in advance.

But for now, i'am a happy camper, thanks again to the community that made it happened !

I am currently running this on a QNAP NAS using its 'Virtualisation Station" which is a version of KVM.

I've set up the synoboot.img as an IDE drive, but had to convert is to q2cows first, but apart from that it boots and works fine.

The VM boots fine, I can find the diskstation via the synology assistant and the web page.

I can start the PAT installation and it goes through OK until I hit the Error 13, which I know and understand is caused by mis-matched vid/pid, but how do I find the VID/PID for a IDE drive?

I've also set this up using VMware and it boots, installs and works perfectly. The only difference I can see here between my Vmware install and my KVM is that the synoboot.img on the KVM is IDE and the VMware is SATA.

My question is how did you find the PID/VID of the SATA drive on VMWare, as it's not booting from a USB disk? I'm 100% sure it will work in the KVM if I have any idea what VID/PID to use (BTW I did try using the same VID/PID given earlier for the Proxmox KVM, but this setup was using an emulated USB boot (Which is not available on the QNAP KVM) and not IDE/SATA.

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

I tried to import the .ovf from DS3615xs 6.0.2 Jun's Mod V1.01 to my ESXi 6u2 server, but i got a 'Failed to deploy' message (IOError). I have downloaded the .zip again (maybe it was corrupt), but i got the same error.

How can i get it working :mrgreen: ?

For those users who still stay on ESXi 5.5 and dislike the vCenter Web Client, here's ovf file:

https://mega.nz/#!Ul5RXKQR!_IiCurbduvbR ... ggqj5vo_Sg

Don't forget to add a Harddrive before setup. This is jun's 1.01 converted to HW 8.0

Everything works with new V1 loader... Except for 2 nic's. I to am experiencing this issue. If you set just mac1=, everything is fine and dsm reports both nics (although the second one is obviously inaccessible remotely), but as soon as set mac2= is added, both connections quit. That's a pretty big problem. Any thoughts? I want my 10G connection, pls hlp :razz:

When you added the mac2= did you also try editing the synoinfo.conf file to manually set it as active? It should then show under Hardware and Power with a check box for WOL. Maybe you can use that to see if the card is accessible on the network?

The network card shows up in Network, and it shows LAN2. I don't see anything in synoinfo.conf that says it's disabled. I can't change anything in synoinfo after adding mac2 because as soon as I add mac2 I lose access to everything.

OK, new information maybe. I don't have mac2= added because I still need access to my files at the moment. However, when loading up syno assistant, it shows "2 servers" one for each nic. The status of each server is: the 1gb nic is ready, the 10gb nic is connection failed. I can only assume that the reason this isn't working is something to do with the mac2= problem. Unfortunately I am not a linux master, so I really don't know what more information I can provide.

So i tried to boot on my server with C2750D4I

here my report

it boots but nic seems to not work (nothing appear on my network)

Is Intel® i210 driver in ? if yes, seems to not work

My quad 210i is recognized however I can't never pull an ip, had to used an old single intel pro bare metal

I am currently running this on a QNAP NAS using its 'Virtualisation Station" which is a version of KVM.

I've set up the synoboot.img as an IDE drive, but had to convert is to q2cows first, but apart from that it boots and works fine.

The VM boots fine, I can find the diskstation via the synology assistant and the web page.

I can start the PAT installation and it goes through OK until I hit the Error 13, which I know and understand is caused by mis-matched vid/pid, but how do I find the VID/PID for a IDE drive?

I've also set this up using VMware and it boots, installs and works perfectly. The only difference I can see here between my Vmware install and my KVM is that the synoboot.img on the KVM is IDE and the VMware is SATA.

My question is how did you find the PID/VID of the SATA drive on VMWare, as it's not booting from a USB disk? I'm 100% sure it will work in the KVM if I have any idea what VID/PID to use (BTW I did try using the same VID/PID given earlier for the Proxmox KVM, but this setup was using an emulated USB boot (Which is not available on the QNAP KVM) and not IDE/SATA.

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

you can try to attach the img as a sata disk, you can also use a already installed disk image to skip installation step.

OK, new information maybe. I don't have mac2= added because I still need access to my files at the moment. However, when loading up syno assistant, it shows "2 servers" one for each nic. The status of each server is: the 1gb nic is ready, the 10gb nic is connection failed. I can only assume that the reason this isn't working is something to do with the mac2= problem. Unfortunately I am not a linux master, so I really don't know what more information I can provide.

The two nic's will show a independent devices in Syno Assistant because they are acting as single lan connections with unique macs, and they will get an IP address assigned my dhcp accordingly.

If you go into DSM > Network > Network Interface and both nic's are showing as connected then they should both move data on the lan. You can click on > Create > Create Bond to make them work together in link aggregation and then Syno Assistant will only see one connection to the server. It works for me on a Gen8 bear metal, with no value set in grub for mac2= and both nic's move data whether used as singles or aggregated.

So I still can't get the Mellanox Connectx-2 card to either work or grab an IP for software install -- I changed the pid / vid on USB grub.conf and added a mac and serial from excel file but still no ip and nothing found on synology assistant. Is there something one doing wrong? I thought the drivers were added for the card but maybe I'm wrong?

So i tried to boot on my server with C2750D4I

here my report

it boots but nic seems to not work (nothing appear on my network)

Is Intel® i210 driver in ? if yes, seems to not work

My quad 210i is recognized however I can't never pull an ip, had to used an old single intel pro bare metal

seems i won't go dsm6 then.

Hi...i´m completly new to this.

I would love to test this in virtualbox on a windows machine.

I can find the machine with synology assistant but after i load the .pat file the configuration after network settings fails....it says port 23 will be opened for service...

Anybody has this running on virtual box and can help me?