XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Hey guys,

For those who are asking about the setting for "SataPortMap="

I many times have asked about how to set the value for SataPortMap, but I received no responses and I understand it's hard to tell.

After a couple days with several experiments, here is the experience I want to share.

I built my new DSM 6.0 Nas on the mobo Asrock QC5000-itx that has 4 onboard sata ports. I also attached anothe Syba sata card that has 4 ports. So, totally I will have 8 sata ports to have 8 HDDs connected. And as a normal thinking, I would set SataPortMap=44, right? Wrong! My first experience is before you ask please watch, watch, and watch. When I check 4 sata ports on the mobo, I found it says SATA3_A0, SATA3_A1, SATA3_1, and SATA3_A2 see the picture (instead of SATA1, 2, 3, and 4 as usual) that drew my attention with a question why? Searched around I quickly found out 2 ports are controlled by AMD onboard chipset and the other two are controlled by ASMedia ASM1061.

QC5000-ITX-05.jpg

The next experience is but which chipset controls SATA3_A0, SATA3_A1, and which one controls SATA3_1, and SATA3_A2 I had no idea either. And therefore what would I set for SataPortMap? SataPortMap=224, SataPortMap=242, or SataPortMap=422? To save your time, please write down the serial number of each your HDDs with located port number. First, let's set SataPortMap=224, of course log on bios and make sure it recognizes all your HDDs there. Then once log on DSM, check S.M.A.R.T for serial numbers to find out which HDDs are seen together with port numbers. Trust me, now you understand your system and can set value for the grub parameter SataPortMap= correctly.

Good luck.

Everything works with new V1 loader... Except for 2 nic's. I to am experiencing this issue. If you set just mac1=, everything is fine and dsm reports both nics (although the second one is obviously inaccessible remotely), but as soon as set mac2= is added, both connections quit. That's a pretty big problem. Any thoughts? I want my 10G connection, pls hlp :razz:

When you added the mac2= did you also try editing the synoinfo.conf file to manually set it as active? It should then show under Hardware and Power with a check box for WOL. Maybe you can use that to see if the card is accessible on the network?

The network card shows up in Network, and it shows LAN2. I don't see anything in synoinfo.conf that says it's disabled. I can't change anything in synoinfo after adding mac2 because as soon as I add mac2 I lose access to everything.

hello everyone but i am facing an error

at boot it is show me

serial is'nt foung. press any key to continue.

i am trying to run it on my surface pro 3.

please help me.

This is because you don't have a serial port, so serial is disabled.

You have to use http://find.synology.com or find the IP on your router.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

i got the same response but I cant re test as its going on 1 week repairing 1tb which is currently @ 45%.. maybe by xmas or thanksgiving will I be able to test this out and try the find.synology.com but like i said before i got to the booting the kernel part i didnt attempt to find.syno.com I assumed it was *broken* but through the response of others I have hope it might work :smile: if this fucking repair disk ever finishes... :sad:

i got the same response but I cant re test as its going on 1 week repairing 1tb which is currently @ 45%.. maybe by xmas or thanksgiving will I be able to test this out and try the find.synology.com but like i said before i got to the booting the kernel part i didnt attempt to find.syno.com I assumed it was *broken* but through the response of others I have hope it might work :smile: if this fucking repair disk ever finishes... :sad:
How can you tell if it's repairing or doing anything at all?

Hello everyone !

(I'm sorry if my english speaking is very bad >< I'm a french guy ^^")

Another problem that i encounter ><"

DHCP on my NAS.

At the beginning I want to make a VM with PHPVirtualBox but it's not supported at this time.

After that I try to get a docker with isc-dhcp-server and bind9. But i can't redirect the container port 67 (DHCP port) to the port 67 of my NAS, because there is already a service using this port.

So I try to use the DHCP server already come with DSM, I manage to make all parameters correct. But when I click on "Activate DHCP server" it doesn't do anything.

It seems that it doesn't want to start :sad:

Thanks,

Romain

11/2:

as I promised, here is v1.01, download link is the same as v1.0

This update contains nothing fancy, mainly for inner peace,

Plus, I revert megaraid_sas mpt3sas to old version.

Hi jun, many thanks for this great release. It works (again) without problem on my n36l (3x2tb).

Any plans to release a 916+ version? I've a N3150 board, it will be nice to test hw acceleration with videostation or plex.

Thanks!

ema

I'm still stuck on the "Booting the kernel ..." with no DSM access screen after leaving it over night.

I've checked my router/switch and the server doesn't have an assigned ip address.

The steps I took were to modify the VID and PID. I also added one of my mac actual addresses and updated the SN number (not a matched pair since I don't need QC).

Hardware: SUPERMICRO MBD-A1SAi-2750F-O and LSI SAS 9211-8i

Can anyone tell me if i got something wrong or missed something.

Greetings,

I've tried updated 1.1 version and still unable to boot on non UEFI motherboards, baremetal. Can anyone help with this?

Same problem whereas arcao's loader works on my mobo.

Do you mean jun-intel-baremetal-hybrid-uefibios-arcao-v2.zip from v2 (deprecated) folder? Because unable to run even with this case. I hope jun can take a look...

I tried to import the .ovf from DS3615xs 6.0.2 Jun's Mod V1.01 to my ESXi 6u2 server, but i got a 'Failed to deploy' message (IOError). I have downloaded the .zip again (maybe it was corrupt), but i got the same error.

How can i get it working :mrgreen: ?

Hey guys,

For those who are asking about the setting for "SataPortMap="

I many times have asked about how to set the value for SataPortMap, but I received no responses and I understand it's hard to tell.

After a couple days with several experiments, here is the experience I want to share.

I built my new DSM 6.0 Nas on the mobo Asrock QC5000-itx that has 4 onboard sata ports. I also attached anothe Syba sata card that has 4 ports. So, totally I will have 8 sata ports to have 8 HDDs connected. And as a normal thinking, I would set SataPortMap=44, right? Wrong! My first experience is before you ask please watch, watch, and watch. When I check 4 sata ports on the mobo, I found it says SATA3_A0, SATA3_A1, SATA3_1, and SATA3_A2 see the picture (instead of SATA1, 2, 3, and 4 as usual) that drew my attention with a question why? Searched around I quickly found out 2 ports are controlled by AMD onboard chipset and the other two are controlled by ASMedia ASM1061.

Watch, watch and watch or simply read the f***** manual ftp://europe.asrock.com/Manual/QC5000-ITXPH.pdf. Pages 3,6,7, 42. :lol::lol::lol:

Please, report your conclusion. I have this mobo too. Not running XPEnology though.

Watch, watch and watch or simply read the f***** manual ftp://europe.asrock.com/Manual/QC5000-ITXPH.pdf. Pages 3,6,7, 42. :lol::lol::lol:

Please, report your conclusion. I have this mobo too. Not running XPEnology though.

Good catch, but most people they're lazy to read f**** manual. Can you check manual and help people who currently get stuck on HP n54l with 6HDDS?

My final setting is 242. :grin:

Good catch, but most people they're lazy to read f**** manual. Can you check manual and help people who currently get stuck on HP n54l with 6HDDS?

My final setting is 242. :grin:

"sataportmap=242" is ok with n54l with 6 disks?

I tried to import the .ovf from DS3615xs 6.0.2 Jun's Mod V1.01 to my ESXi 6u2 server, but i got a 'Failed to deploy' message (IOError). I have downloaded the .zip again (maybe it was corrupt), but i got the same error.

How can i get it working :mrgreen: ?

Same issue here. Also can't hide the synoboot image from the list of disks if I create the VM manually.