XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

I am hoping someone in here will be so kind to tell me what I am doing wrong, I am trying to install on a Dell Optiplex 760

I downloaded the hybrid .img

Edited the PID ViD & Mac

I did not do the serial simply because I dont know how to generate, But I assume you dont need this if your not using quick connect.

I am able to get it load up tells me it sees a drive from a prev install, I choose migrate, No matter what I do it reached 56% and Error 13.

Will someone direct me to proper files/ method for my Optiplex 760 non UEFI bare metal ?

Thank you all kindly.

I had this same issue initially and read that you had to swap out a file on the flash drive with an updated one. Sorry that's vague and not very helpful, but if you haven't already, I'd recommend starting over with jun's v1.0 that just released. The file swap and many other issues are all fixed in this release. I also use Optiplex 760's and I am very happy with them.

Edit: Sorry, just saw your most recent post so this is irrelevant. Congrats on the successful build!

Edited by Guest

Migrate successfully on HP N54l. But I can only see 4 HDD. I got 6 HDD. 4 connect to backplane. 1 esata and 1 dvd. for DSM 5 I just need to edit internalportcfg to 3f so all disk considered Internal.

I try change SataPortMap to 6 and also 42 but another 2 still not detected.. Any Idea?

Try 51

:smile:

or 411

Please ...

Someone who can tell me the correct configuration of SataPortMap =

for Gen7 N54l with 5 discs !!

Thank you!!

SataPortMap=ABCD

Where A is how many ports on the first HDD/RAID Controller, B the second and so forth.

On the Gen7 HP Microserver, the 1st controller is the onboard RAID (I believe).

If the single onboard SATA port and the rear eSATA port are on the same controller, then it would be SataPortMap=42

If they are seperate controllers, then SataPortMap=411

Please reply back with your findings, as I'm curious :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

I tried to boot on Trantor's last loader (v1) but I can't boot grub. It just doesn't work on my mobo whereas Arcao's does but doesn't recognze my sata controller (ICH8R). Any idea why? I tried to write the image through Win32 disk imager, linuxmint usb writer and gnome multi-writer without success.

I also changed my VID & PID, SN & MAC address but no more results.

Thank you for your help. :wink:

I migrated and it is working ok

Please can you provide more details on how you did this? I thought LSI cards weren't supported yet.

The LSI works with the latest loader, I have to disabled the onboard controller in order to recognized the 8 hd attached to it, before disabling the onboard controllers I was seen 6 HD and 2 as external, once I disabled the onboard and saw all 8 HD I was able to migrate.

LSI 9211-81

Everything works with new V1 loader... Except for 2 nic's. I to am experiencing this issue. If you set just mac1=, everything is fine and dsm reports both nics (although the second one is obviously inaccessible remotely), but as soon as set mac2= is added, both connections quit. That's a pretty big problem. Any thoughts? I want my 10G connection, pls hlp :razz:

I am currently on 5.2 and willing to upgrade to the latest v1 bootloader and upgrade my DSM to version 6.

Is it possible to upgrade and remount my harddrives without data loss? 4x 2tb they are ext4 drives. It is no problem that they are not partitioned as btrfs drives. I've worked with btrfs before and since raid 5/6 are still not declared stable i'm not willing to take the risk. https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Status

My hardware: Asrock J3160-ITX, 8GB DDR3 1600.

I am currently on 5.2 and willing to upgrade to the latest v1 bootloader and upgrade my DSM to version 6.

Is it possible to upgrade and remount my harddrives without data loss? 4x 2tb they are ext4 drives. It is no problem that they are not partitioned as btrfs drives. I've worked with btrfs before and since raid 5/6 are still not declared stable i'm not willing to take the risk. https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Status

My hardware: Asrock J3160-ITX, 8GB DDR3 1600.

Dsm doesn't use btrfs raid.. It uses Linux mdadm raid.

Btrfs can be used as a filesystem.. It can also be a integrated raid system combined with filesystem.

You can migrate your data to the dsm 6 platform but keep in mind this stuff is very much beta and isn't production ready (if it'll ever be that). Make backups..

Please ...

Thank you!!

SataPortMap=ABCD

Where A is how many ports on the first HDD/RAID Controller, B the second and so forth.

If the single onboard SATA port and the rear eSATA port are on the same controller, then it would be SataPortMap=42

Hi, I have an G7 (N36L) and I don't know how map my eSata disk.

What "SataPortMap=" do I set?

Please ...

Thank you!!

SataPortMap=ABCD

Hi, I have an G7 (N36L) and I don't know how map my eSata disk.

What "SataPortMap=" do I set?

Hello !

Test report :

I was able to install DSM6 using Jun's loader V1.0.

The platform is ESXi6 with LSI2008 pci passthrough.

Disks on the LSI are properly detected.

I also first added a virtual disk to install DSM6 as I do not not want to do the migration right now.

Cannot say anything on stability right now, just reporting my first test as it's the first time I can see disks on the LSI in ESXi.

Now waiting further before migration of important data.

KR,

TitiD

Thanks to everyone for the new loader.

Everything works (Baremetal Intel® Server Board S1200BTL + Xeon) installed with hybridbiosuefi2. All 3 NICs and running SATA controller.

But my backplane HP Smart Array P410 RAID controller is no longer recognized. Under XPEnoboot 5.2-5967.1 everything went. In the hardware support list of the P410 is indeed drin. Anyone have a tip or best guidance for me?

thanks for your help !!!

Hi,

thank you for your work, it's working perfectly

I running DSM6 on KVM in the host unRAID, mouting NFS shares of my unraid server to DSM so I can use almost all the features that DSM have (except btrfs things)

the only problem is the virtio (para-virtualitzed) drivers doesn't work,

Could be possible to add this drivers?

now i'm using sata emulation and e1000 for network

Everything works with new V1 loader... Except for 2 nic's. I to am experiencing this issue. If you set just mac1=, everything is fine and dsm reports both nics (although the second one is obviously inaccessible remotely), but as soon as set mac2= is added, both connections quit. That's a pretty big problem. Any thoughts? I want my 10G connection, pls hlp :razz:

When you added the mac2= did you also try editing the synoinfo.conf file to manually set it as active? It should then show under Hardware and Power with a check box for WOL. Maybe you can use that to see if the card is accessible on the network?

I migrated and it is working ok

Please can you provide more details on how you did this? I thought LSI cards weren't supported yet.

The LSI works with the latest loader, I have to disabled the onboard controller in order to recognized the 8 hd attached to it, before disabling the onboard controllers I was seen 6 HD and 2 as external, once I disabled the onboard and saw all 8 HD I was able to migrate.

LSI 9211-81

Thanks for the response. Do you mind sharing what motherboard?

Edited by Guest