XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

I have one more question

does anyone experience the same problem with DDOS attacks as you can see in past 24h I had 91% high attacks that crash my router and change my IP adress

-BBlZWxg9D80KTynPFp51rG3HpalKkLtqvMcejX-QHw?size_mode=3&dl=0&size=1280x960

Regards

Igor

That's more a question for your ISP. They can help you with that probably.

I have one more question

does anyone experience the same problem with DDOS attacks as you can see in past 24h I had 91% high attacks that crash my router and change my IP adress

Regards

Igor

That's more a question for your ISP. They can help you with that probably.

I talk with them but they could not find any solution for those attacks you can see in this image where the attacks are coming from

zvSNmdTmNf6axQYnSZzY_jItmsFORm1z7i2ukQr6JgY?size=1280x960&size_mode=3

Any suggestion?

Hi guys,

Yesterday, I successfully migrated my box from DSM 5.2 to 6 (see my signature). All important things work. Here is my feedback:

ASMedia ASM1061 SATA Constroller

By dmesg this sata controller is detected correctly, but I can't confirm full functionality - I don't have attached any hdd on it. Anyway I guess in worst case it would need to a little bit modify grub.cfg and add SataPortMap=22 (two drivers on primary and two drivers on secondary SATA controller).

[    4.459069] scsi0 : ahci
[    4.461455] scsi1 : ahci
[    4.467931] ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 abar m2048@0x91411000 port 0x91411100 irq 135
[    4.467941] ata2: SATA max UDMA/133 abar m2048@0x91411000 port 0x91411180 irq 135
[    4.468220] ahci 0000:04:00.0: irq 136 for MSI/MSI-X
[    4.468283] ahci: SSS flag set, parallel bus scan disabled
[    4.468332] ahci 0000:04:00.0: AHCI 0001.0200 32 slots 2 ports 6 Gbps 0x3 impl SATA mode
[    4.468339] ahci 0000:04:00.0: flags: 64bit ncq sntf stag led clo pmp pio slum part ccc
[    4.480222] scsi2 : ahci
[    4.482613] scsi3 : ahci
[    4.485704] ata3: SATA max UDMA/133 abar m512@0x91200000 port 0x91200100 irq 136
[    4.485713] ata4: SATA max UDMA/133 abar m512@0x91200000 port 0x91200180 irq 136

Docker

Docker unfortunately now require BTRFS volume. Thus you have to create your volume from scratch as a BTRFS (I am planing this to do later).

L2TP/IPsec

I am not able to start L2TP/IPsec VPN server even if it looks like it's configured correctly (this doesn't work on 5.2 too). I will have to look for some logs or start service in debug mode. It was some problem after installation / upgrade. I reinstalled the VPN server package and configured again and now it works. Don't forget to use uppercase usernames in your L2TP/IPsec VPN clients.

Power off button

The power off button do nothing by default on DSM 6. On DSM 5.2 I used acpid (v2.0.23) to call syno_poweroff_task -r on power-off button press. Acpid now works for me on DSM 6. It needs button.ko a evdev.ko to be inserted before acpid start.

Here is the package. Just extract it, copy files and directories to root and reboot your nas.

I compiled it in Debian chroot directly on my NAS from quicknick 7274 kernel sources:

cp synoconfigs/bromolow .config
make ARCH="x86_64" oldconfig
make ARCH="x86_64" menuconfig
# set as module: Device Drivers ---> Input device support --> Event interface 
make ARCH="x86_64" modules

ROOT access

You don't need allow root to login via ssh. Just login as admin and with sudo elevate permission to root user (e.g. sudo su)

Hi! How did you make it work. I got almost the same Mobo only without DC. I made a boot flash, it offered me to migrate. and after uploading 8451.pat it shows error 13 (file corruption).

I tried to download last firmware from migrating tool and directly from my computer. nothing hepled.

I have one more question

Regards

Igor

It was a worldwide problem for dyn users.

Some servers like paypal, twitter, facebook, wore offline for some time.

Some hackers used an chinise cctv system to send ddos attacks to dyn users, maybe your ip was on that list.

Lock for that on google and you will find information.

Hi! How did you make it work. I got almost the same Mobo only without DC. I made a boot flash, it offered me to migrate. and after uploading 8451.pat it shows error 13 (file corruption).

I tried to download last firmware from migrating tool and directly from my computer. nothing hepled.

I used Jun's bare metal UEFI DSM 6 bootloader from OP (opening post) and updated grub.cfg:

serial --port=0x3F8 --speed=115200
terminal_input serial
terminal_output serial
set default='0'
set timeout='1'
set fallback='0'
insmod part_msdos
insmod part_gpt

set locale_dir=$prefix/locale
set lang=en_US

menuentry 'Synology DS3615xs' --class os {
insmod fat
       set img=$prefix/../image/DS3615xs
linux $img/zImage root=/dev/md0 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 netif_num=1 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 vid=0x0781 pid=0x5583 console=ttyS0,115200n8 sn=xxxxxxx mac1=xxxxxxx withefi elevator=your_magic_elevator quiet
initrd $img/ramdisk.lzma
} 

Replace VID, PID, sn and mac1 with yours.

Make sure you have enabled COM port in UEFI BIOS, also switch to UEFI boot. Then boot up and open browser to find.synology.com. There click on Install latest DSM button (no need to select any pat, it will download correct one automatically). After restart you will have NAS updated to DSM 6.0.2-8451. Don't forget to perform update to DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 2 via Control panel.

Thank you for your support! But I still get error notifications :wink:

I tried to find about this notification on the Internet and only what I found is following:

You can also unmount problematic folders here:

1. File Station - Tools - Connection List

2. Remote Folder tab

3. Select problem mount item from list

4. Click the Unmount button

I just resolve the problem by unmount all remote folder :grin:

Thank you again!

Here is my little contribution to this release :

https://download.xpenology.xyz/drivers/ ... rs-dsm6.7z

Updated broadcom tg3, bnx2, bnx2x, cnic

Updated intel e1000e (I219 support)

Add/Updated realtek r8168, r8169 and r8101 (r8169 from realtek website no the one inside the kernel tree)

I use kernel source/toolchain from first post to compile these modules.

Sorry no time to repack this inside the current loader.

Hi guys,

I can't migrate from 5.2 baremetal to 6.0 using Setsunakawa image.

I correctly set VID, PID, MAC & SN and when I launch synology assistant I can see my NAS on the network but it shows a "not installed" status.

When I go to find.synology.com, I get a message telling me that my disks are not installed. Any suggestions to solve this issue?

My hardware is a HP Compaq dc5700 Microtower PC with an Intel Core2Duo e6300.

Thanks!

Add/Updated realtek r8168, r8169 and r8101 (r8169 from realtek website no the one inside the kernel tree)

Thanks, but I have nearly finished new ramdisk with my own kernel modules.

------------

Hi guys,

I can't migrate from 5.2 baremetal to 6.0 using Setsunakawa image.

I correctly set VID, PID, MAC & SN and when I launch synology assistant I can see my NAS on the network but it shows a "not installed" status.

When I go to find.synology.com, I get a message telling me that my disks are not installed. Any suggestions to solve this issue?

My hardware is a HP Compaq dc5700 Microtower PC with an Intel Core2Duo e6300.

Thanks!

I guess driver for your sata/sas adapter is missing in kernel / bootimage.

I used Jun's bare metal UEFI DSM 6 bootloader from OP (opening post) and updated grub.cfg:

terminal_input serial
terminal_output serial
set default='0'
set timeout='1'
set fallback='0'
insmod part_msdos
insmod part_gpt

set lang=en_US

insmod fat
linux $img/zImage root=/dev/md0 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 netif_num=1 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 vid=0x0781 pid=0x5583 console=ttyS0,115200n8 sn=xxxxxxx mac1=xxxxxxx withefi elevator=your_magic_elevator quiet
initrd $img/ramdisk.lzma
} 

Make sure you have enabled COM port in UEFI BIOS, also switch to UEFI boot. Then boot up and open browser to find.synology.com. There click on Install latest DSM button (no need to select any pat, it will download correct one automatically). After restart you will have NAS updated to DSM 6.0.2-8451. Don't forget to perform update to DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 2 via Control panel.

Thanks for response.

I've made everything as you described, but it's not working.

I have ASRock J3160TIX. updated UFI to v1.3

Made a clear CMOS, Enabled(by default) COM Port to address 3F8h/IRQ4

advanced\USB Support\ Switched to UEFI setup only

Tried to change HDD to new one.

Booted from 1st efi partition, and the second UEFI and had the same result - > Failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupted (13)

Could you write all uefi settings that you have?

Do you use PCIe sata or using ASMedia sata3?

terminal_input serial
terminal_output serial
set default='0'
set timeout='1'
set fallback='0'
insmod part_msdos
insmod part_gpt

set lang=en_US

insmod fat
initrd $img/ramdisk.lzma
} 

Thanks for response.

I've made everything as you described, but it's not working.

I have ASRock J3160TIX. updated UFI to v1.3

Made a clear CMOS, Enabled(by default) COM Port to address 3F8h/IRQ4

advanced\USB Support\ Switched to UEFI setup only

Tried to change HDD to new one.

Booted from 1st efi partition, and the second UEFI and had the same result - > Failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupted (13)

J3160ITX is one of my test boards, so it is expected to work out of box, if you set VID/PID to match your usb drive.

Edit:

[spoiler=]one thing I forget to mention, you'd better plug your usb stick in a USB2 port, usb3 port has some issue duration installation if I recall correctly.

It turn out that my impression was wrong, please ignore this.

Edited by Guest

I can't find the name of the controller but it's integrated in the motherboard.

I know the chipset is an Intel® Q963 Express chipset. Is it also controlling the sata ports?

I'm still looking for the controller's name.

It's ICH8R - You need ata_piix.ko, which is not included, I will add it to bootimage.

Hi all,

As the ASMedia 1061 do not support port multiplier, I continue experiment in support of Marvell 88SE92xx e-sata/sata pci-e card with FIS multiplier support ...

Installing the driver from http://www.v-front.de/2013/11/how-to-ma ... -ahci.html do not solve the issue, as the Marvell chipset is recognized but no support of eSata etc. under ESXi.

Btw, no easy way directly inside ESXi, but then via passthroughVT-d support ...

Works fine (ESXi with passthrough)

- FreeNAS

- Ubuntu

Do not work (ESXi with passthrough)

- Windows 7, 8

- Xpenology

- Jun DSM6 loader

Works fine (baremetal)

Windows 7,8,10

Conclusion is easy, a driver exists for Linux FreeBSD, Debian etc. and also for Windows ... but not compatible of passthrough, only directly.

How to find the Linux driver to add to the Synology kernel ? (and how to proceed ?)

Thanks.

J3160ITX is one of my test boards, so it is expected to work out of box, if you set VID/PID to match your usb drive.

Edit:

one thing I forget to mention, you'd better plug your usb stick in a USB2 port, usb3 port has some issue duration installation if I recall correctly.

Thanks. I don't know what exactly helped, but it work now. I edited grub.cfg, changed VID/PID serial mac and it works.

Thank you!

This topic is a big mess right now. Especially the OP. The hybrid UEFI/BIOS is listed now there, but it's the one with the old zimage?

My boxes are running right now, but for new users it's too confusing. We need to update the OP and remove the unnecessary stuff and add the loaders with the latest zimages

Thanks. I don't know what exactly helped, but it work now. I edited grub.cfg, changed VID/PID serial mac and it works.

Thank you!

IMHO the error no. 13 is caused by bad VID and PID in grub.cfg. I had to reinstall DSM6 from scratch after playing with new ramdisk. :oops: Also my Sandisk USB gone. :cry: So with new usb drive it didn't want to install the DSM6, after more than hour I realized that the usb drive has different VID and PID. :oops:

Edited by Guest

I know the chipset is an Intel® Q963 Express chipset. Is it also controlling the sata ports?

It's ICH8R - You need ata_piix.ko, which is not included, I will add it to bootimage.

Thank you very much Arcao! Really appreciate that. :grin:

Will you kindly be able to pack Hyper-V network support module too?

Thanks, but I have nearly finished new ramdisk with my own

Can you guys please collaborate on adding drivers along with changelog with releases. Is anyone planning on adding support for tbs pcie tuners and lsi 2308 drivers? Really appreciate your efforts.

Everybody is expecting security and other nice features concerning BTRFS support, but concerning performance few tests was performed with dedicated disks/server, using sysbench with an SSD and HDD.

Tests consisting to perform queries on 128 different files of 128 Mb = 16 Gb, average results according series of measures single SSD >> single HDD

Read (Mbps) Write (Mbps)

Ext4 : 92.984 14.765

Btrfs: 89.744 5.078

Raw values have not a lot of interrest (as depending of configuration the performance will change), but ratio is important to consider.

Other people who've migrated to BTRFS on DSM6 have the same "poor" performance/ratio ?