XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

Hello there,

I tried to update from functional XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5967-9 to DSM 6.x and without success. It is installed on notebook Fujitsu U9200.

I tested also new installation and all Jun's version loader DSM 6.x also with extend drivers extra.lzma.

http://find.synology.com did not find it.

Strange thing is that DHCP router setup IP address to NAS. I have also ping answer from NAS. But when I tried to open webpage I get message "This site is not available"

Is there another possibility to logs boots procedure then serial port?

Any idea where could be problem?

Thank You for your help.

BR / Rainman43CZ

Edited by Rainman43CZ

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, omar said:

i've tried the online tutorials about using root and editing synoinfo but my server restarts asking to reinstall DSM

what did you change exatly

if you write the things you've done we migth spot the problem

it should work with dsm 6.1 (or dsm 6.0) the same way

i usually suggest this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PSGAZy7LVQ

21 hours ago, IG-88 said:

what did you change exatly

if you write the things you've done we migth spot the problem

it should work with dsm 6.1 (or dsm 6.0) the same way

i usually suggest this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PSGAZy7LVQ

That's the video I followed.
Which itself is wrong as it assumes you have root account access.
Which you dont until you ssh in to create a password!
And you need to change TWO files, one in etc and other in etc/defaults
But even then, still not working for me.

Edited by omar

2 hours ago, omar said:

Which you dont until you ssh in to create a password!

no you login with your admin account and then do "sudo su" to have root access

2 hours ago, omar said:

And you need to change TWO files, one in etc and other in etc/defaults

if you just change the one in etc.defaults and reboot the other in /etc is changed automatically, so in a way you only need to change one file (if you reboot after changing it)

and the good part is the way the scheme about the bit mask you need to set for the three (hex) values

2 hours ago, omar said:

But even then, still not working for me.

stiil

On 3/24/2020 at 11:24 PM, IG-88 said:

if you write the things you've done we might spot the problem

it does work for me and a lot of other people, so its clear you made a mistake somewhere and if you want to know what ist is you need to communicate and explain what you have done

Wow you're not very helpful are you.

As said in that video, the guy uses root in WinSCP

Something you cannot do now unless you set a password first!

So the fact that I know that and you dont shows I watched no only that video, but have looked at other posts and forums to see what to do.

It's not my communication, it's your understanding and attitude.

So apart from saying I followed that video step by step once I set root password
Only info I can give is system settings

HP G1610T Gen8 microserver
DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02b.iso
DSM_DS3615xs_15284.pat

I tried their 45 drive change
36 drives

24 drives

22 drives

The changes to file are saved, but reboot always goes to having to reinstall DSM again, which stays at 12 drives.

Edited by omar

2 hours ago, IG-88 said:

well even after asking 2 times you have not documented what you have done in you synoinfo.conf

good luck with your problem, i'm out

You link me a video, which I've already watched, and I tell you I've done EXACTLY what that video shows to do.
And you say I've not told you what I've done?

I bet even if I post a copy of the file, you'd say the same thing!
In fact let me do that!

I dont get it, you make a helpful thread like this, as this is the next thing I was thinking of trying
https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/21663-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm622-for-3615xs-3617xs-918/
Yet you didnt read that the changes I made were a step by step change from that video......

jiFfM.jpg

synoinfo.conf

Edited by omar

• 1 year later...

Hello Master Jun!! I've reading a lot of these old posts in hopes of finding a way to instal Xpenology on my old but still working PC. I've watched sev real YouTube tutorials but the 7 boot loaders Ive tried won't get past the Booting to Kernal screen.

I can't afford a real Synology and just want to share my converted to digital home VHS videos with my granddaughters when they come with their iPads. need it to be simple to get the the converted home movies so thought penology would do it.

Anyway, I typed my email address and really hope you will reply there and that you can please help me get Xpenology installed on this old PC.

Thank you very much!! Mac in North Carolina USA.

First is to check this thread to select the correct bootloader and DSM version. 6.2.3 is the last release that works with the current loaders.

If that doesn't help, Start a new thread in the noob lounge. Post the details of your hardware what bootloader version you are trying and what the last message you saw was.

• 6 months later...
18 minutes ago, nickybg87 said:

Is there a way to change the SN in the grub.cfg remotely (by ssh maybe) given the fact that pid & vid are set and the drive is not visible?

Sure there’s a way. Keep searching this forum you’ll find it

Edited by pocopico

• Polanskiman unfeatured this topic
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this has been answered before but I have done a search and couldn't find any solution.

I have installed DSM 6.1.7-15284 on a Core i3-4130, 2GB RAM simulating a DS3615xs with two volumes: vol. 1 is a 256GB HDD with the DSM and apps, and vol. 2 is a RAID 1 with two 1TB HDD.

I have read that upgrading DSM by just downloading new version and installed it will convert my NAS into a brick, so which would be the best way tu upgrade to DSM 6.2.4-25556 keeping vol. 1 and 2 data? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Jose