Question

Baremetal installation

Motherboard: Supermicro X11SCH-LN4F socket 1151

Processor: Intel Xeon E 2276G Coffee Lake

RAM: 64Gb

4 Hhd Western Digital 4Tb EFRX

2 NVMe Samsung NVMe V-NAND SSD 670 Pro 512Gb

Loader: found on the net already made for 918+

Hello everyone, yesterday I dreamed of updating DSM 7.01 up.2 working from January to up.4 manually, I downloaded the update from Synology 7.0.1-42218-4 (apollolake) site and started the update, after the update, however, the machine was never found; I thought I had everything busted but I tried to search for it with Synology web assistant (find.synology.com) and I realized that the machine is there (indeed it sees two), only that it has changed the IP addresses (I had assigned it an address static ip) with a very different range from mine, I use 192.168.1.1/254 while now he gives it to me with DHCP server and assigned ip addresses 169.254.63.90 to one machine and 169.254.58.122 to the other. Obviously my network can't see it can see hosts with that ip address renga, I tried with the Synology assistance program to change the addresses but it doesn't (it tells me that the machine is recoverable), how can I do ??? I had thought of changing the range of in to my lan (router and pc to possibly control the host) in 169.254.63.1/254 and see if I can enter the DSM and try to change the ip from the, can you do ?? ?? Or suggestions ???? Thanks

6 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, PincoPalla said:

Baremetal installation

Motherboard: Supermicro X11SCH-LN4F socket 1151

Processor: Intel Xeon E 2276G Coffee Lake

2 NVMe Samsung NVMe V-NAND SSD 670 Pro 512Gb

Loader: found on the net already made for 918+

Pretty hard to give advice when you have no idea of the provenance of the loader being used to boot your system...

That said I don't think anyone has yet reported success of upgrading to update 4 in a test mode.  The update hasn't even been posted to https://xpenology.com/forum/forum/78-dsm-updates-reporting/ yet

If it were my system I would build a TCRP loader with 7.0.1-42218 and see if it can recover.

Hello Flyride thanks for the answer, you are right without knowing where a charger comes from you can't say, I know I did a stupid thing I don't even know why I did it .... !!!! however this is, unfortunately I am not able to build it I have tried it several times but I do not have the knowledge of how to do it (I was fine when there were 102/103/104 chargers already made ...), moreover I do not I don't even know what a TCRP loader is .... (I think T stands for Tyny, C stands for Core ...) however from find.synology.com it tells me that the system is resettable, the problem is that it changed my range ip of the host and I don't know how to reach it

TCRP = TinyCore RedPill

A very extensive TCRP/7.x installation tutorial geared more for end users is about to be posted, in work with @pocopico hopefully in the next day or so.

Just so you know any 169.254 address means that the system thinks it can use the network, but cannot find a DHCP server, so it is assigning itself an address.

If you cannot find a reason for this, maybe temporarily set your PC to IP 169.254.1.1 mask 255.255.0.0, or 169.254.63.1 mask 255.255.255.0 or 169.254.58.1 mask 255.255.255.0 and you may be able to reach it.

Yes, that's what I thought I would do, tomorrow I'll take a little courage and try ..... I'll let you know, thanks in the meantime (in any case I have all the backup of the machine in other old synolgy that I use as a backup, bad that it goes to zero everything and put back on the 7.0.1 up2 it will take time because I have about 9Tb of data ... !!!)

Hi Flyride, today I tried to restart it, I don't know how and why it gave me internal ip to the lan and then it connects me, only it tells me, in addition to the welcome back it has detected that the hard drives have been moved to a new one 918+, click on “overlay” to recover the data and settings. Except that when I do it, he executes a command that I don't know then gives me 10 minutes to wait and in the end he gives me that he wasn't able to execute and try again. I guess I busted everything, I had read in some threads about problems with disk mapping but I can't find it

image.thumb.png.d9802c47b7e9ad29285ae2213359f60e.png