XPEnology Community

How to install XPEnology (DVA3221) on Unraid

10 hours ago, Rafik89 said:

Very well described, with me it works without any problems apart from face recognition and AI

Is facial recognition working for you?

facial recognition is not working for me, i get an error message when creating a task:

"Unable to perform this operation because the network connection is unstable or the system is busy. Please try again later.

Does it need access to some part of the CPU. On a bare metal or on the real Synology I thought to remember that it requires transcoding capabilities. As an example the DS918+ with an intel J3455 chip uses the Intel HD Graphics 500GPU for this. In order to get this working you need somehow passthrough the iGPU to the XPEnology VM I think to get facial recognition working on unRaid. 

For all who the controller = 1 is not working, you also have to allocate the size of the vdisk2 size. With Auto only 512B is default allocated. Stop the VM (forced stop), Open the VM settings and open the Disk Devices. The path (mine is) /mnt/user/domains/CentOS/vdisk2.img Replace 512B with 50G as an example. See picture.

Screenshot 2022-08-02 at 00.10.42.png

• 2 months later...

Hi @all. 

Does anyone tried to use vmxnet3 for 10Gbe connection? The driver modules are there but and principally it work. But in the network settings tab it show me the devices with a 1gig connection instead of a 10Gbe connection.... Do you guys have a solution here?

My physical hardware are a mellanox connect x3 card with two sfp+ ports and one RJ45 onboard port which is also 10Gbe. My plan is you let them work in triple LAG on hypovisor unraid 

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

just found this wonderful tutorial and first of all i would like so say: Thank You!!!

So at step 3 i got some troubles. May i ask for your assistance?

So this command:

For e1000 Network Card run:

./rploader.sh ext denverton-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/e1000/rpext-index.json

Is getting me this:

tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh ext denverton-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/e1000/rpext-index.json
Error : Platform not found
rploader.sh

Version : 0.9.4.3
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Usage: ./rploader.sh <action> <platform version> <static or compile module> [extension manager arguments]

Actions: build, ext, download, clean, update, listmod, serialgen, identifyusb, patchdtc,
satamap, backup, backuploader, restoreloader, restoresession, mountdsmroot, postupdate,
mountshare, version, monitor, bringfriend, downloadupgradepat, help

- build <platform> <option> :
  Build the 💊 RedPill LKM and update the loader image for the specified platform version and update
  current loader.

Valid Options:     static/compile/manual/junmod/withfriend

** withfriend add the TCRP friend and a boot option for auto patching

- ext <platform> <option> <URL>
  Manage extensions using redpill extension manager.

Valid Options:  add/force_add/info/remove/update/cleanup/auto . Options after platform

Example:
  rploader.sh ext apollolake-7.0.1-42218 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/e1000/rpext-index.json
  or for auto detect use
  rploader.sh ext apollolake-7.0.1-42218 auto

- download <platform> :
  Download redpill sources only

- clean :
  Removes all cached and downloaded files and starts over clean

- update :
  Checks github repo for latest version of rploader, and prompts you download and overwrite

- fullupgrade :
  Performs a full upgrade of the local files to the latest available on the repo. It will
  backup the current filed under /home/tc/old

- listmods <platform>:
  Tries to figure out any required extensions. This usually are device modules

- serialgen <synomodel> <option> :
  Generates a serial number and mac address for the following platforms
  DS3615xs DS3617xs DS916+ DS918+ DS920+ DS3622xs+ FS6400 DVA3219 DVA3221 DS1621+ DVA1622 DS2422+ RS4021xs+ DS923+ DS1522+ SA6400

Valid Options :  realmac , keeps the real mac of interface eth0

- identifyusb :
  Tries to identify your loader usb stick VID:PID and updates the user_config.json file

- patchdtc :
  Tries to identify and patch your dtc model for your disk and nvme devices. If you want to have
  your manually edited dts file used convert it to dtb and place it under /home/tc/custom-modules

- satamap :
  Tries to identify your SataPortMap and DiskIdxMap values and updates the user_config.json file

- backup :
  Backup and make changes /home/tc changed permanent to your loader disk. Next time you boot,
  your /home will be restored to the current state.

- backuploader :
  Backup current loader partitions to your TCRP partition

- restoreloader :
  Restore current loader partitions from your TCRP partition

- restoresession :
  Restore last user session files. (extensions and user_config.json)

- mountdsmroot :
  Mount DSM root for manual intervention on DSM root partition

- postupdate :
  Runs a postupdate process to recreate your rd.gz, zImage and custom.gz for junior to match root

- mountshare :
  Mounts a remote CIFS working directory

- version <option>:
  Prints rploader version and if the history option is passed then the version history is listed.

Valid Options : history, shows rploader release history.

- monitor :
  Prints system statistics related to TCRP loader

- getgrubconf :
  Checks your user_config.json file variables against current grub.cfg variables and updates your
  user_config.json accordingly

- bringfriend
  Downloads TCRP friend and makes it the default boot option. TCRP Friend is here to assist with
  automated patching after an upgrade. No postupgrade actions will be required anymore, if TCRP
  friend is left as the default boot option.

- downloadupgradepat
  Downloads a specific upgade pat that can be used for various troubleshooting purposes

- removefriend
  Reverse bringfriend actions and remove TCRP from your loader

- help:           Show this page

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version : 0.9.4.3
tc@box:~$

So i identified my chip, and it's a: Intel® Core™ i5-10500 CPU @ 3.10GHz. So this chip should be a "Comet Lake" - right?

Then i tried this command:

/rploader.sh ext cometlake7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/e1000/rpext-index.json

But the output was the same i already posted at the beginning of this post.

I don't have any preferred DSM version. Just want to get this running ;).

I would like to thank you very much in advance.

I need to update the documentation :)

With the new version "tinycore-redpill-uefi.v0.9.4.0.img" i just run the following commands:

./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

./rploader.sh serialgen DVA3221

./rploader.sh satamap now

./rploader.sh identifyusb now

./rploader.sh build dva3221-7.1.1-42962

./rploader.sh backup now

sudo reboot

Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-28 um 21.04.00.png

Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-28 um 21.04.48.png

Edited by erazor1112
  • Like 1

Thank you for your answer. This really helped. So the next step is directly my next problem (backup).

See here:

tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh backup now
Please make sure you are using the latest 1GB img before using backup option
Current /home/tc size is 910M , try to keep it less than 1GB as it might not fit into your image
Should i update the sdb with your current files [Yy/Nn]
Y
Backing up home files to sdb : Backing up files to /mnt/sdb3//mydata.tgz \
There was an issue, see /tmp/backup_status.
Error: Couldn't backup files
tc@box:~$

How can i expand the /home/tc folder? Do i have to setup a new VM and grant more capacity?

Thank you.

EDIT:

Besides of that the backup wont work, i decided to just reboot and - oh magic - it worked. Anyways.

So why is my HDD not recognized? See in the attachments.

Again, thank you so much for your work and time!

2023-03-28 22_55_15-Synology Web Assistant.png

Keine Laufwerke erkannt <--DE/EN--> No drives recognised

Edited by alphaboy22
Added some text

On 3/28/2023 at 10:27 PM, alphaboy22 said:

Thank you for your answer. This really helped. So the next step is directly my next problem (backup).

See here:

How can i expand the /home/tc folder? Do i have to setup a new VM and grant more capacity?

Thank you.

EDIT:

Besides of that the backup wont work, i decided to just reboot and - oh magic - it worked. Anyways.

So why is my HDD not recognized? See in the attachments.

Again, thank you so much for your work and time!

2023-03-28 22_55_15-Synology Web Assistant.png

Keine Laufwerke erkannt <--DE/EN--> No drives recognised

This question is obsolete.
I had forgotten to make a change in the XML settings of my VM.

A user from another forum wrote me the following about it:

X Edit again vdisk2 in the advanced xml template (top right corner) to controller='1' (if we don't do this tiny red core will not detect the disk properly when doing the satamap and will not install DSM correctly and will ask you to reinstall the *.pat infinitely)

Edited by alphaboy22

On 3/28/2023 at 9:04 PM, erazor1112 said:

I need to update the documentation :)

With the new version "tinycore-redpill-uefi.v0.9.4.0.img" i just run the following commands:

./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

./rploader.sh serialgen DVA3221

./rploader.sh satamap now

./rploader.sh identifyusb now

./rploader.sh build dva3221-7.1.1-42962

./rploader.sh backup now

sudo reboot

Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-28 um 21.04.00.png

Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-28 um 21.04.48.png

Hi @erazor1112,

don't forgot to go to XML settings of VM and change vdisk to controller=1. This costed me 1 whole week.

Cheers.