XPEnology Community

hello
After modifying mac address and pid and vid and sn,  i burned  Jun’s Loader v1.04b DS918+ to usb via rufus and choose (MBR) , I connected the usb to my computer (hp compaq 6200 pro small form factor) 
and choose usb to boot , then on my laptop opend find.synology.com and i was able to find the dsm but COULD NOT ABLE TO CONNECT TO IT 
 any ideas please?
best regards

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Untitled4.jpg

I faced similar issues some years ago. This were my conclusions:

Have you tried to enter the ip address of the device directly into your browser? http://<ip.of.your.xpenology>:5000 that is the way I usually setup my Xpenologys

Have you chosen the right option in the boot menu ("Install")?  You should connect a display and a keyboard for the first startup

Why are you running DSM 6.1? DSM 6.2.3 works also fine with Jun's latest loaders. Only beyond 6.2.3 you need to be careful and add / create a new bootloader.

Or you may be facing a network driver issue, that the driver is included in the loader but not loaded DSM. I had this issue with a 918+ bootloader and the onboard Realtek NIC of my HP MS Gen8. Therefore I switched back to 3615xs

Edited by valix

19 hours ago, valix said:

I faced similar issues some years ago. This were my conclusions:

Have you tried to enter the ip address of the device directly into your browser? http://<ip.of.your.xpenology>:5000 that is the way I usually setup my Xpenologys

Have you chosen the right option in the boot menu ("Install")?  You should connect a display and a keyboard for the first startup

Why are you running DSM 6.1? DSM 6.2.3 works also fine with Jun's latest loaders. Only beyond 6.2.3 you need to be careful and add / create a new bootloader.

Or you may be facing a network driver issue, that the driver is included in the loader but not loaded DSM. I had this issue with a 918+ bootloader and the onboard Realtek NIC of my HP MS Gen8. Therefore I switched back to 3615xs

I dont think he created the right jun loader. That picture is not the 918, its a 36xx model. Try the correct 918 loader, or switch to redpill.