XPEnology Community

Ampache install?

djbills

There are reports of people getting an Ampache music server to work with their Synology. Seems to be editing some config files so that the proper folders are shared on the internet.

There's seemingly no package for it (although there are hints at attempts in a couple of places), but apparently possible to manually install.

Has anyone done this to where they could help walk me through a step by step? I'd love to get this going. Seems like just what I've been after for mobile access to my music library.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up going the docker route (and just skipping the Owncloud bits) and it's working fantastically. Wow, docker really opens up a ton more app functionality - a whole new world! Very cool. Thanks for the tip. Ampache running flawlessly and I have access to my music collection again! yee haw

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I don't know, never tried audio station. Didn't interest me, too many things I was like "wait it doesn't have that?"

I used to have a subsonic server and got addicted to all of the things you can do with it. But they wanted $. Ampache one ups subsonic - does a democractic playlist which was at the top of my list. Found a great iOS player, too (AVSub)