XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader Build Support Tool ( M-Shell )

Peter Suh

6 hours ago, apriliars3 said:

@Peter Suh How can change lenguage menu on the new version v0.9.4.3-2??? I have test it with VirtualBox and load with korean language the menu. 

The v0.9.4.3-2 loader is set to Korean, but if the country code is confirmed through the router, it is automatically changed to the locale of the country.
If the internet is not good, this part may not work well.
In this case, it seems that you have no choice but to forcefully switch the language as shibby told you below.
Even if it appears in Korean, please enter the l key.
This is the language selection menu.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nemesis122 said:

Hi Peter 

with the last version v0.9.4.3-2

I cant Boot tried with Fat32 and NTFS 

system Gen8

error: symbol "grub_disk_get_size" not found
entering Rescure Mode 

Could you have a look pls

thanks

I recently added uefi img files while making 0.9.4.3-2 .
If you boot legacy with this uefi img file, you will get the same message as you said.
In uefi / legacy, please select an image file appropriate for the function.

[NOTICE]

I release TCRP Friend v0.0.6. (Now I am not afraid of being bricked. ^^)

There was a request from our member to apply ARPL's getty console addon to M SHELL for TCRP, so I finished reflecting and distributing it today.

The version of TCRP FRIEND will be automatically updated to v0.0.6 and the screen will look like the one below.

The key change here is the red line in the middle.

press to enter a Getty Console to solve trouble

596760319_2023-04-0610_55_54.thumb.png.5f400f96de5497b7a3b11e8d7c839f4f.png

You might be wondering how to use this Getty console.

After building the redpill bootloader, when you can't proceed anymore due to a brick phenomenon of unknown cause

This is a very useful feature for identifying problems.

Even if the LAN card does not work, this Getty console works. Serial cables are no longer needed.

Press the g key within 7 seconds from the above booting screen and wait for a while to change to the getty console screen as shown below.

771930779_2023-04-0712_03_04.thumb.png.65c6588e501d4652de283f762d893861.png

You can log in as root without a password.

In this state

SynologyNas> cat /var/log/*rc*

and show me the log that looks like below.

Usually errors are mostly at the bottom of the log.

Sometimes to check kernel panic

SynologyNas> dmesg

In some cases, confirmation may be required.

Depending on the case, the log or situation to check is different, so I think you can do the command as I request.

548927014_2023-04-0712_04_24.thumb.png.a76676ba83c9723baa30c912e1abd114.png

To use this function, you must build the loader once again in M SHELL fot TCRP FRIEND.

If you press the g key while there is no build, the above getty console will not activate.

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

Did the DDSML test result of the mlx4_core module come out?

Yes i did and looks like it works! I dont have SFP+ switch at the moment but mlx4_core and mlx4_en modules has been loaded and eth2/eth3 interfaces are available :)
1.thumb.PNG.a80ad32a2419632aad61803987760408.PNG

2.thumb.PNG.b0274b72d9bb79cd6373a0fa7b7faae2.PNG

obraz.thumb.png.513af76698ac733e9c7dd1791f488c68.png

obraz.thumb.png.8d9019ffc3815b7ace24063dec57ea32.png

LAN1 - internal realtek NIC, LAN2 - Asus C100C (atlantic.ko), LAN3/4 = mellanox Connect-3 dual-SFP+ :)

• Thanks 1

Hi Peter 

Thank you very much for this great Loader it is working great

i used  0.9.4.3-2 mbr  / DDSML and Friend  version for the Gen8 this Loader is working great in any state and is booting very fast also with hypertreading ON for all Models 

FYI ARPL bigger 1.03b always had  Kernel Panic 

We  found the issue why ARPL bigger as 1.03b ( tip from AuxXxilium) it was never working on the Gen8 A with my Xeon CPU 4 Core 8 Threads the Problem is Hypertreading !

when it is  deactivated it is working 3622 4021 etc

What is strange as example 920+ or 1521+ with device tree then it is working with hypertreading on Loader ARPL/ ARC  bigger as 1.03b 

Edited by nemesis122
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, nemesis122 said:

Hi Peter 

Thank you very much for this great Loader it is working great

i used  0.9.4.3-2 mbr  / DDSML and Friend  version for the Gen8 this Loader is working great in any state and is booting very fast also with hypertreading ON for all Models 

FYI ARPL bigger 1.03b always had  Kernel Panic 

We  found the issue why ARPL bigger as 1.03b ( tip from AuxXxilium) it was never working on the Gen8 A with my Xeon CPU 4 Core 8 Threads the Problem is Hypertreading !

when it is  deactivated it is working 3622 4021 etc

What is strange as example 920+ or 1521+ with device tree then it is working with hypertreading on Loader ARPL/ ARC  bigger as 1.03b 

I found several issues after applying eudev to m shell, which fabio and pocopico believe are stable.

1. After switching between nic ports using r8169 / e1000e module, e1000e is not given IP.
2. Automatic dependency processing between modules mentioned above.

Perhaps there are other problems that I am not aware of that are causing various phenomena in ARPL that eudev is causing.

I found that the DDSML method developed by me and pocopico never lags behind EUDEV in terms of stability.

I believe that the traditional module injection method of Linux, which uses ARPL's integrated module and considers module dependency through modprobe, has much more stability and advantages than EUDEV, an automatic module injection method.

EUDEV is a new way to keep an eye out.

For other problems, since getty can now operate in junior mode, I plan to receive reports directly from eudev's log.

• Like 1

When i add or remove NIC card from NAS i have to rebuild tcrp? Or maybe is there any way to add/remove NIC config manually? Previously (in vanilla redpill-loader) i could manually change grub command (change number of interfaces and add/remove mac adresses). Can i do this in Friends mode??

Edited by shibby

4 hours ago, shibby said:

When i add or remove NIC card from NAS i have to rebuild tcrp? Or maybe is there any way to add/remove NIC config manually? Previously (in vanilla redpill-loader) i could manually change grub command (change number of interfaces and add/remove mac adresses). Can i do this in Friends mode??

Please see this notice.
Enter the TCRP FRIEND boot screen with the e key within 7 seconds.
As handled in grub.cfg
Just type mac2 directly.

• Like 1

Hi Peter all Models have a bootloop :

I mean install DSM and after them DSM want install again and again  i think i know why see screenshot this is happen by my test with 3622 and 4021 creating the loader .

could you have a look 

thank you

checksumm error.png

Edited by nemesis122
typo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, nemesis122 said:

Hi Peter all Models have a bootloop :

I mean install DSM and after them DSM want install again and again  i think i know why see screenshot this is happen by my test with 3622 and 4021 creating the loader .

could you have a look 

thank you

checksumm error.png

I'm sorry. I fixed the problem a little while ago. Try again.

• Like 2

@Peter Suh

Hi Peter. I have two working xpenology servers based on arpl bootloader running nice. Today, for the first time I wanted to try Yours M-shell. I have spare Gigabyte motherboard  with Intel i3 8th gen cpu. Downloaded v0.9.4.3-2 version and when booting from usb I'm ending in grub rescue. When I'm booting from partition 1 and starting tinycore I have message that kernel should be loaded first. Is there any procedure I should be aware of.

And , of course I've tried several usb sticks.

Edited by smilenkovski

1 hour ago, smilenkovski said:

@Peter Suh

Hi Peter. I have two working xpenology servers based on arpl bootloader running nice. Today, for the first time I wanted to try Yours M-shell. I have spare Gigabyte motherboard  with Intel i3 8th gen cpu. Downloaded v0.9.4.3-2 version and when booting from usb I'm ending in grub rescue. When I'm booting from partition 1 and starting tinycore I have message that kernel should be loaded first. Is there any procedure I should be aware of.

And , of course I've tried several usb sticks.

The img file for bare metal provides two.
It is for legacy and uefi.
If you use the legacy img file for EFI booting, you may encounter the message above.

17 minutes ago, nemesis122 said:

Hi Peter 

Is it possible to save the img file that is not cleaned during the process ?

thank you :-)

If you mean the loader.img file that is created during TCRP loader building, you can do that with a little modification to the script.
In TCRP rploader.sh, pocopico organizes this file to reduce the size of the backup.
You can also adjust it in my m shell for TCRP.
do you need this file?

Block line 283 of my.sh with #.
https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/blob/main/my.sh#L283

and

Block Line 2954 of rploader.sh with # or
Delete only the /home/tc/redpill-load/loader.img part.

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/blob/main/rploader.sh#L2954

Even after building the loader
/home/tc/redpill-load/loader.img
The file will remain undeleted.

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

If you mean the loader.img file that is created during TCRP loader building, you can do that with a little modification to the script.
In TCRP rploader.sh, pocopico organizes this file to reduce the size of the backup.
You can also adjust it in my m shell for TCRP.
do you need this file?

Block line 283 of my.sh with #.
https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/blob/main/my.sh#L283

and

Block Line 2954 of rploader.sh with # or
Delete only the /home/tc/redpill-load/loader.img part.

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/blob/main/rploader.sh#L2954

Even after building the loader
/home/tc/redpill-load/loader.img
The file will remain undeleted.

thank you very much 😍

• Like 1

Hello again,

I have a significant problem when I adjust the configuration file for DS918+ from your menu manualy. The changes are not effective and overwritten with every boot. So I don't have any hard drives, just a DoM.
It's about the values that you have to set, for example to manage an external USB drive internally:

esataportcfg="0x0"
internalportcfg="0xfffff"
usbportcfg="0x0"

I hope there would be help for me.

Regards

Edited by DSfuchs

11 hours ago, DSfuchs said:

Hello again,

I have a significant problem when I adjust the configuration file for DS918+ from your menu manualy. The changes are not effective and overwritten with every boot. So I don't have any hard drives, just a DoM.
It's about the values that you have to set, for example to manage an external USB drive internally:

esataportcfg="0x0"
internalportcfg="0xfffff"
usbportcfg="0x0"

I hope there would be help for me.

Regards

If user_config.json is modified in the menu, please rebuild the loader.
At the end of this build process, we automatically take backups.
If you don't need to build the loader, you can just process the backup at the bottom of the menu.
After modification, the saved content will not be preserved without a backup.

• Sad 1

On 4/15/2023 at 9:52 AM, DSfuchs said:

Hello, I'm not looking for a backup. It just doesn't work, even with a build. I have the impression that chatGPT always answers me first.

Please check the basic features provided by friend.

Feel free to stick to ChatGPT then... seriously...

• Haha 2