XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader Build Support Tool ( M-Shell )

Peter Suh

17 hours ago, wifi75 said:

After this command

Maybe ds1622+ is not supported ?

image.thumb.png.fa9e69bb3911001c3dbd888c69079909.png

I have modified the ext driver below so that there is no error.
However, this acpid2 does not support v1000, the platform of DS1621+.
I decided to use the Broadwell driver instead.
I don't know if the operation is guaranteed.

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/blob/main/acpid/rpext-index.json

[NOTICE]

Since pocopico's TCRP supports DSM 7.1.1-42962, M Shell also synchronizes the supported version.

M Shell no longer supports the previous version, DSM 7.1.0-42661.

I mentioned a while ago that the Jot Mod is going to be deprecated in the future.

Compared to ARPL, which is only for jun mod

TCRP, which can be used concurrently with jot mod, also seems to have an advantage.

The boot time of jot mod is much faster than jun mod.

And if you build jun mod once and continue to use it, there is no problem.

If you change the model by frequently migrating to another model, you may end up installing DSM.

Sometimes the system area is blown away.

jot mod, in comparison, supports stable migrations.

Perhaps rather than the jun trick to keep the small revision unnoticed

It has to point to the exact revision, but I don't know if it's a feature of the jot mod to be able to install.

Jun Mod does not require a loader rebuild according to the DSM version upgrade.

If you are using Jot Mod, please rebuild the loader.

For the initial installation of M SHELL, proceed in TC Linux with the following command.

curl --location "https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/raw/main/my.sh.gz" -O; tar -zxvf my.sh.gz;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Usage: ./my.sh <Synology Model Name> <Options>

Options: postupdate, noconfig, noclean, manual, realmac, userdts

- postupdate : Option to patch the restore loop after applying DSM 7.1.0-42661 after Update 2, no additional build required.

- noconfig: SKIP automatic detection change processing such as SN/Mac/Vid/Pid/SataPortMap of user_config.json file.

- noclean: SKIP the 💊   RedPill LKM/LOAD directory without clearing it with the Clean command. 
           However, delete the Cache directory and loader.img.

- manual: Options for manual extension processing and manual dtc processing in build action (skipping extension auto detection).

- realmac : Option to use the NIC's real mac address instead of creating a virtual one.

- userdts : Option to use the user-defined platform.dts file instead of auto-discovery mapping with dtcpatch.

Please type Synology Model Name after ./my.sh

- for jot mode

./my.sh DS918+
./my.sh DS3617xs
./my.sh DS3615xs
./my.sh DS3622xs+
./my.sh DVA3221
./my.sh DS920+
./my.sh DS1621+
./my.sh DS2422+
./my.sh DVA1622
./my.sh DS1520+ (Not Suppoted, Testing...)
./my.sh FS2500
./my.sh DS1621xs+
./my.sh RS4021xs+
./my.sh DVA3219
./my.sh RS3618xs

- for jun mode

./my.sh DS918+J                                                                                                      
./my.sh DS3617xsJ                                                                                                    
./my.sh DS3615xsJ                                                                                                    
./my.sh DS3622xs+J                                                                                                   
./my.sh DVA3221J                                                                                                     
./my.sh DS920+J                                                                                                      
./my.sh DS1621+J 
./my.sh DS2422+J  
./my.sh DVA1622J (Not Suppoted)
./my.sh DS1520+J
./my.sh FS2500J
./my.sh DS1621xs+J
./my.sh RS4021xs+J 
./my.sh DVA3219J (Not Suppoted, Testing...)
./my.sh RS3618xsJ

ex) Except for postupdate and userdts that must be used alone, the rest of the options can be used in combination. 

- When you want to build the loader while maintaining the already set SN/Mac/Vid/Pid/SataPortMap
./my.sh DS3622xs+ noconfig

- When you want to build the loader while maintaining the already set SN/Mac/Vid/Pid/SataPortMap and without deleting the downloaded DSM pat file.

./my.sh DS3622xs+ noconfig noclean

- When you want to build the loader while using the real MAC address of the NIC, with extended auto-detection disabled
./my.sh DS3622xs+ realmac manual

• Thanks 3

Currently, all models can be built normally.

For the initial installation of M SHELL, proceed in TC Linux with the following command.

curl --location "https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/raw/main/my.sh.gz" -O; tar -zxvf my.sh.gz;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- postupdate : Option to patch the restore loop after applying DSM 7.1.0-42661 after Update 2, no additional build required.

- noconfig: SKIP automatic detection change processing such as SN/Mac/Vid/Pid/SataPortMap of user_config.json file.

- noclean: SKIP the 💊   RedPill LKM/LOAD directory without clearing it with the Clean command. 

- manual: Options for manual extension processing and manual dtc processing in build action (skipping extension auto detection).

- realmac : Option to use the NIC's real mac address instead of creating a virtual one.

- userdts : Option to use the user-defined platform.dts file instead of auto-discovery mapping with dtcpatch.

- for jot mode

./my.sh DS918+
./my.sh DS3617xs
./my.sh DS3615xs
./my.sh DS3622xs+
./my.sh DVA3221
./my.sh DS920+
./my.sh DS1621+
./my.sh DS2422+
./my.sh DVA1622
./my.sh DS1520+
./my.sh FS2500
./my.sh DS1621xs+
./my.sh RS4021xs+
./my.sh DVA3219
./my.sh RS3618xs

./my.sh DS1019+

- for jun mode

./my.sh DS918+J                                                                                                      
./my.sh DS3617xsJ                                                                                                    
./my.sh DS3615xsJ                                                                                                    
./my.sh DS3622xs+J                                                                                                   
./my.sh DVA3221J                                                                                                     
./my.sh DS920+J                                                                                                      
./my.sh DS1621+J 
./my.sh DS2422+J  
./my.sh DVA1622J
./my.sh DS1520+J
./my.sh FS2500J
./my.sh DS1621xs+J
./my.sh RS4021xs+J 
./my.sh DVA3219J
./my.sh RS3618xsJ

./my.sh DS1019+J

ex) Except for postupdate and userdts that must be used alone, the rest of the options can be used in combination. 

- When you want to build the loader while maintaining the already set SN/Mac/Vid/Pid/SataPortMap
./my.sh DS3622xs+ noconfig

- When you want to build the loader while maintaining the already set SN/Mac/Vid/Pid/SataPortMap and without deleting the downloaded DSM pat file.

./my.sh DS3622xs+ noconfig noclean

- When you want to build the loader while using the real MAC address of the NIC, with extended auto-detection disabled
./my.sh DS3622xs+ realmac manual

• 2 weeks later...

M SHELL now also supports TCRP friends.

You can use the command like below.

- noclean: SKIP the    RedPill LKM/LOAD directory without clearing it with the Clean command. 

- for friend mode

./my.sh DS918+F
./my.sh DS3617xsF
./my.sh DS3615xsF
./my.sh DS3622xs+F
./my.sh DVA3221F
./my.sh DS920+F
./my.sh DS1621+F
./my.sh DS2422+F
./my.sh DVA1622F
./my.sh DS1520+F
./my.sh FS2500F
./my.sh DS1621xs+F
./my.sh RS4021xs+F
./my.sh DVA3219F
./my.sh RS3618xsF

./my.sh DS1019+F

1736970235_2022-09-256_11_50.thumb.png.3840e3aa157aeb8478c8f35b0a1dd4da.png

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter

I'm having an issue with a NIC tg3 extension.  Script is getting a tar checksum error for tg3.

Dell 7060MT i7-8700T 

I was not successful with the motherboard NIC, find.synology.com fails because no host on the network.  Therefore, trying to use a PCIe NIC (tg3).

Command used is my.sh DS1621xs+ realmac noclean

Any help would be great.  Thank you.

######################################################################## 100.0%
[#] Extension thethorgroup.virtio index is already up to date
[#] Updating thethorgroup.virtio extension... [OK]
[#] Checking runtime for required tools... [OK]
[#] Updating ds1621xsp_42962 platforms extensions...
[#] Downloading remote file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/master/tg3/releases/ds1621xsp_42218.json to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/_ext_new_rcp.tmp_json
[#] Filling-in newly downloaded recipe for extension PeterSuh-Q3.tg3 platform ds1621xsp_42962
[#] Downloading remote file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/tg3/releases/tg3-4.4.180plus-broadwellnk.tgz to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/PeterSuh-Q3.tg3/ds1621xsp_42962/tg3-4.4.180plus-broadwellnk.tgz
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/PeterSuh-Q3.tg3/ds1621xsp_42962/tg3-4.4.180plus-broadwellnk.tgz file... [ERR]
[!] Checksum mismatch - expected e9bc47b0d122044be2452d2695f1316240430b8dabbcad2e29164083ae6af634 but computed 3911b8542e0a786bb5ddd345d878de07ddae2bf9dfe51e838b23b58e8f1d6ece
*** Process will exit ***
[!] Failed to update all extensions for ds1621xsp_42962 platform - see errors above
FAILED : Loader creation failed check the output for any errors
Removing redpill.ko ...
Backup in progress...
Cleaning redpill-load directory and pat files in auxfiles directory skipped!!!
Please make sure you are using the latest 1GB img before using backup option
Current /home/tc size is 48M , try to keep it less than 1GB as it might not fit into your image
Should i update the sdb with your current files [Yy/Nn]
Backing up home files to sdb : Backing up files to /mnt/sdb3//mydata.tgz
Done.

4 hours ago, Bacon said:

Hi Peter

I'm having an issue with a NIC tg3 extension.  Script is getting a tar checksum error for tg3.

Dell 7060MT i7-8700T 

I was not successful with the motherboard NIC, find.synology.com fails because no host on the network.  Therefore, trying to use a PCIe NIC (tg3).

Command used is my.sh DS1621xs+ realmac noclean

Any help would be great.  Thank you.

[#] Extension thethorgroup.virtio index is already up to date
[#] Updating thethorgroup.virtio extension... [OK]
[#] Checking runtime for required tools... [OK]
[#] Updating ds1621xsp_42962 platforms extensions...
[#] Downloading remote file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/master/tg3/releases/ds1621xsp_42218.json to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/_ext_new_rcp.tmp_json

[#] Filling-in newly downloaded recipe for extension PeterSuh-Q3.tg3 platform ds1621xsp_42962
[#] Downloading remote file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/tg3/releases/tg3-4.4.180plus-broadwellnk.tgz to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/PeterSuh-Q3.tg3/ds1621xsp_42962/tg3-4.4.180plus-broadwellnk.tgz
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/PeterSuh-Q3.tg3/ds1621xsp_42962/tg3-4.4.180plus-broadwellnk.tgz file... [ERR]
[!] Checksum mismatch - expected e9bc47b0d122044be2452d2695f1316240430b8dabbcad2e29164083ae6af634 but computed 3911b8542e0a786bb5ddd345d878de07ddae2bf9dfe51e838b23b58e8f1d6ece

[!] Failed to update all extensions for ds1621xsp_42962 platform - see errors above

FAILED : Loader creation failed check the output for any errors
Removing redpill.ko ...

Backup in progress...

Cleaning redpill-load directory and pat files in auxfiles directory skipped!!!
Please make sure you are using the latest 1GB img before using backup option
Current /home/tc size is 48M , try to keep it less than 1GB as it might not fit into your image
Should i update the sdb with your current files [Yy/Nn]
Backing up home files to sdb : Backing up files to /mnt/sdb3//mydata.tgz
Done.

I just finished syncing to tg3 new version of pocopico which has recently changed.
Try building again.

And if possible, please try to build the TCRP friend version as shown below.
IP search will be easy.

./my.sh DS1621xs+F realmac noclean

Edited by Peter Suh

6 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

I just finished syncing to tg3 new version of pocopico which has recently changed.
Try building again.

And if possible, please try to build the TCRP friend version as shown below.
IP search will be easy.

./my.sh DS1621xs+F realmac noclean

Adding F in the command

Logs attached.

Thanks.

Errors highlighted here:

[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/PeterSuh-Q3.tg3/ds1621xsp_42962/check-tg3.sh file... [OK]
[-] Recipe file for extension PeterSuh-Q3.tg3 platform ds1621xsp_42962 is logically invalid - recipe defines kmod libphy.ko *FILE* which doesn't exist after all files entries are processed. You SHOULD contact the extension packer to report that (see below)
[#] ========================================== PeterSuh-Q3.tg3 ==========================================

[!] Failed to dump extension PeterSuh-Q3.tg3 for platform ds1621xsp_42962 as its recipe file cannot be retrieved. Isn't the extension misspelled or not supported on that platform?

[!] Failed to dump all extensions for ds1621xsp_42962 platform to /home/tc/redpill-load/build/1665401284/custom-initrd/exts - see errors above

DS1621xs+F tg3 error.txt

11 hours ago, Bacon said:

Adding F in the command

Logs attached.

Thanks.

Errors highlighted here:

[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/PeterSuh-Q3.tg3/ds1621xsp_42962/check-tg3.sh file... [OK]
[-] Recipe file for extension PeterSuh-Q3.tg3 platform ds1621xsp_42962 is logically invalid - recipe defines kmod libphy.ko *FILE* which doesn't exist after all files entries are processed. You SHOULD contact the extension packer to report that (see below)
[#] ========================================== PeterSuh-Q3.tg3 ==========================================

[!] Failed to dump extension PeterSuh-Q3.tg3 for platform ds1621xsp_42962 as its recipe file cannot be retrieved. Isn't the extension misspelled or not supported on that platform?

[!] Failed to dump all extensions for ds1621xsp_42962 platform to /home/tc/redpill-load/build/1665401284/custom-initrd/exts - see errors above

DS1621xs+F tg3 error.txt 28.29 kB · 2 downloads

I've reworked the problem you pointed out.
Please try again after cleaning.

./rploader.sh clean

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/commit/66a2349a5dd2578a6a896555386a9d7e0fbd17d2

Edited by Peter Suh

1 hour ago, Peter Suh said:

I've reworked the problem you pointed out.
Please try again after cleaning.

./rploader.sh clean

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/commit/66a2349a5dd2578a6a896555386a9d7e0fbd17d2

That worked. Able to build successfully.

However, nothing found at find.synology.com.  
From my router, no IP assigned to this system.  Not only that, ping fails to 192.168.1.34. If that does even work at all. 

I’ve also tried DS920+ with same results. 

7FC72B9D-739E-4010-9F8E-2508835496DF.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Bacon said:

That worked. Able to build successfully.

However, nothing found at find.synology.com.  
From my router, no IP assigned to this system.  Not only that, ping fails to 192.168.1.34. If that does even work at all. 

I’ve also tried DS920+ with same results. 

7FC72B9D-739E-4010-9F8E-2508835496DF.jpeg

Do you see a green LED and a flashing orange LED on the NIC port?

Also, try using the 1st TCRP existing function before the 4th TCRP friend in the GRUB boot menu.

Edited by Peter Suh

19 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

Do you see a green LED and a flashing orange LED on the NIC port?

Also, try using the 1st TCRP existing function before the 4th TCRP friend in the GRUB boot menu.

Yes there is link light. 

Selected USB boot (1st selection). Loaded Linux and initramfs and starting kernel.  Same symptoms.  Nothing found. :(

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yes there is link light. 

Selected USB boot (1st selection). Loaded Linux and initramfs and starting kernel.  Same symptoms.  Nothing found. :(

If so, you should check for a kernel panic or a conflict between drivers,
Is your NIC only one tg3?

Edited by Peter Suh

6 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

If so, you should check for a kernel panic or a conflict between drivers,
Is your NIC only one tg3?

The Dell MB has an onboard NIC but that didn’t work for me either and that is why I’m trying the tg3. 

How to check for kernel panic or conflict between drivers?  I looked at the my.sh output and all looks good. 

thanks. 

11 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The Dell MB has an onboard NIC but that didn’t work for me either and that is why I’m trying the tg3. 

How to check for kernel panic or conflict between drivers?  I looked at the my.sh output and all looks good. 

thanks. 

The only way to see the log without checking the IP on the bare metal is through the serial port monitoring method.

For now, we recommend that you try DS3622xs+, which is the most stable model as an ARPL loader, and change the model to DS1621xs+ if there is no problem.

17 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

The only way to see the log without checking the IP on the bare metal is through the serial port monitoring method.

For now, we recommend that you try DS3622xs+, which is the most stable model as an ARPL loader, and change the model to DS1621xs+ if there is no problem.

Hi Peter, 

I tried DS3622xs+ and still no effect on Dell i7. 

So then I decided to verify my USB stick with another Dell i3 desktop.  I rebuilt with ./my.sh DS3622xs+ realmac on i3.  Booted on i3 and that worked and able to install DSM completely.

Took the USB stick back to the Dell i7 and try my luck and booted the USB stick as is.  That actually worked...not sure how but I guess the configurations are close enough.  The i3 is a very old model compared to the i7.

Next I rebuilt DS3622xs+ realmac on i7, booted it up successfully, and installed DSM.

Then I rebuilt DS1621xs+ realmac on i7, also works.

Finally, I rebuilt DS1621xs+F realmac on i7, also works with DSM installed.  Been running with TCRP + friend.

At this point, I'm not sure why it works??

Next issue is the m.2 SSD not showing up in DSM.  Dell 7060 has 4 SATA ports and 1 m.2 PCIe.

Thanks for all your great work and input.

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

Hi Peter, 

I tried DS3622xs+ and still no effect on Dell i7. 

So then I decided to verify my USB stick with another Dell i3 desktop.  I rebuilt with ./my.sh DS3622xs+ realmac on i3.  Booted on i3 and that worked and able to install DSM completely.

Took the USB stick back to the Dell i7 and try my luck and booted the USB stick as is.  That actually worked...not sure how but I guess the configurations are close enough.  The i3 is a very old model compared to the i7.

Next I rebuilt DS3622xs+ realmac on i7, booted it up successfully, and installed DSM.

Then I rebuilt DS1621xs+ realmac on i7, also works.

Finally, I rebuilt DS1621xs+F realmac on i7, also works with DSM installed.  Been running with TCRP + friend.

At this point, I'm not sure why it works??

Next issue is the m.2 SSD not showing up in DSM.  Dell 7060 has 4 SATA ports and 1 m.2 PCIe.

Thanks for all your great work and input.

The reason why it worked like that between i7 / i3
It seems that the cause can be found only with detailed log monitoring.

You can find information about M.2 cache by searching the forum.

The important thing is that the M.2 cache of DS3622xs+ works only by modifying the /etc.defaults/extensionPorts file.,
In case of DS1621xs+, modifying /etc.defaults/extensionPorts file has no effect.
The difference is that the /lib64/libsynonvme.so.1 file needs to be modified through a hex editor.

Edited by Peter Suh

On 10/11/2022 at 10:34 PM, Peter Suh said:

The important thing is that the M.2 cache of DS3622xs+ works only by modifying the /etc.defaults/extensionPorts file.,
In case of DS1621xs+, modifying /etc.defaults/extensionPorts file has no effect.
The difference is that the /lib64/libsynonvme.so.1 file needs to be modified through a hex editor.

Thanks for the advice.  I was able to get the M.2 cache working on DS3622xs+ following the instructions

• Like 1

@Peter Suh at the moment i have DS920+ 7.1-42661 Update 4 compiled with command "./my.sh DS920+J" a month or two ago. Is there any things i have to do before or after upgrade DSM to 7.1.1.?

Second question: if i`ll wanted to use TCRP Friend version (DS920+F) should i upgrade (re-compile) exists loader or better take new flashdrive, compile new loader and do migration? Is "Friend" version includes "Jun`s mod"?

Best Regards.

12 minutes ago, shibby said:

@Peter Suh at the moment i have DS920+ 7.1-42661 Update 4 compiled with command "./my.sh DS920+J" a month or two ago. Is there any things i have to do before or after upgrade DSM to 7.1.1.?

Second question: if i`ll wanted to use TCRP Friend version (DS920+F) should i upgrade (re-compile) exists loader or better take new flashdrive, compile new loader and do migration? Is "Friend" version includes "Jun`s mod"?

Best Regards.

The TCRP friend loader is neither Jot nor Jun, but has the advantages of both. No PostUpdate required, and loader latency is not as high as Jun loader.
For the TCRP friend loader you need to rebuild the loader with the DS920+F option you know.

• Like 1

Hi @Peter Suh

I tried to Install the RS3618xs with the Friend option, but was not successfull.

The system boots, i find it in web assistant, upload the pat file - it installs but after first reboot the TCRP Friend looks like this:

billede.thumb.png.1d33f9553cd2cb4d0aa78b394dc2891c.png

And then i either get an install loop (Prompted to install it again) or my VM simply shuts down.

Any idea whats wrong?

This is a Proxmox Virtual install.

Disgard the "Could not get IP" - The system gets an ip 10secs after this.

Edited by NooL

6 hours ago, NooL said:

Hi @Peter Suh

I tried to Install the RS3618xs with the Friend option, but was not successfull.

The system boots, i find it in web assistant, upload the pat file - it installs but after first reboot the TCRP Friend looks like this:

billede.thumb.png.1d33f9553cd2cb4d0aa78b394dc2891c.png

And then i either get an install loop (Prompted to install it again) or my VM simply shuts down.

Any idea whats wrong?

This is a Proxmox Virtual install.

Disgard the "Could not get IP" - The system gets an ip 10secs after this.

Maybe the TCRP FRIEND Kernel has not been updated from 0.0.1 to 0.0.2 or within 0.0.2?

Sometimes I also encountered a situation where the mount path was read in the process of such an update.

Would you like to go back to TC Linux and try to build using my.sh once again?

In my case, it's Virtualbox, but it works as shown below.

1774243835_2022-10-1812_47_44.thumb.png.ef2b4c2cad68aa321c652baad739b716.png

3 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

Maybe the TCRP FRIEND Kernel has not been updated from 0.0.1 to 0.0.2 or within 0.0.2?

Sometimes I also encountered a situation where the mount path was read in the process of such an update.

Would you like to go back to TC Linux and try to build using my.sh once again?

In my case, it's Virtualbox, but it works as shown below.

1774243835_2022-10-1812_47_44.thumb.png.ef2b4c2cad68aa321c652baad739b716.png

Unfortunately this seems to be not just a one time thing - I just tried again, exact same thing happens. 

image.thumb.png.1bb5ae9d9072233696cec56cbab180ab.png

There is no RS3618xs folder in config folder so it fails from there it seems. 

Edited by NooL

1 hour ago, NooL said:

Unfortunately this seems to be not just a one time thing - I just tried again, exact same thing happens. 

image.thumb.png.1bb5ae9d9072233696cec56cbab180ab.png

There is no RS3618xs folder in config folder so it fails from there it seems. 

pocopico told me how to solve the problem with the TCRP friend as follows. Please try it like this.

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/62871-tinycore-redpill-loader-tcrp-development-release-09/?do=findComment&comment=341766

36 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

pocopico told me how to solve the problem with the TCRP friend as follows. Please try it like this.

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/62871-tinycore-redpill-loader-tcrp-development-release-09/?do=findComment&comment=341766

Hi @Peter Suh and @pocopico

Thank you for your reply - Much appreciated :)

I tried this just now with a fresh install, but unfortunately the result remains the same.

After installing the pat file and the system doing its installation reboot i get the screen as shown:

image.png

After ctrl-c and doing the ./boot.sh patchkernel

Patching Kernel

Kernel patched, Sha256sum: (long signature)

Then i do ./boot.sh

billede.thumb.png.814ac6301fa2e07cf730c5dcdc963a6d.png

I can see after a bit that the system starts responding to pings again.

I can hear the harddisks working, but after a while the system VM shuts down (i can hear the disks spinning down and then the vm turns off)

I can reproduce this every time.

If i look in the config folder:

billede.thumb.png.34a5955192340f01e5e7ce2e16d81e05.png

There is no RS3618xs folder - Which is also what the system complains about in the first screenshot i think?

Shouldnt this folder/subfolder etc be there?

1 hour ago, NooL said:

Hi @Peter Suh and @pocopico

Thank you for your reply - Much appreciated :)

I tried this just now with a fresh install, but unfortunately the result remains the same.

After installing the pat file and the system doing its installation reboot i get the screen as shown:

image.png

After ctrl-c and doing the ./boot.sh patchkernel

Patching Kernel

Kernel patched, Sha256sum: (long signature)

Then i do ./boot.sh

billede.thumb.png.814ac6301fa2e07cf730c5dcdc963a6d.png

I can see after a bit that the system starts responding to pings again.

I can hear the harddisks working, but after a while the system VM shuts down (i can hear the disks spinning down and then the vm turns off)

I can reproduce this every time.

If i look in the config folder:

billede.thumb.png.34a5955192340f01e5e7ce2e16d81e05.png

There is no RS3618xs folder - Which is also what the system complains about in the first screenshot i think?

Shouldnt this folder/subfolder etc be there?

I am testing RS3618xs with various VMs.
Kernel panic log was confirmed in Virtualbox.
In Vmware Fusion, it was confirmed that DSM was installed normally.
Kernel panic is expected in proxmox as well. I will inform you of the result after the installation test.

• Thanks 1