XPEnology Community

How to install TCRP on Proxmox

phone guy

Just now, pocopico said:

You should be ok with DS3622xs+, what is the issue ? 

Oh ok :)  When i did the build i just got alot of errors and mkmod not permitted . 

So if i run those commands again as per the above and just change to DS3622xs+ - Check my MAC is correct it should all work ?

What NIC should i use on the VM in Prxmox please. 

Just now, Vodka2014 said:

Oh ok :)  When i did the build i just got alot of errors and mkmod not permitted . 

So if i run those commands again as per the above and just change to DS3622xs+ - Check my MAC is correct it should all work ?

What NIC should i use on the VM in Prxmox please. 

Sorry, I've updated my answer, please go back and read that again. 

3 minutes ago, pocopico said:

You should be ok with DS3622xs+, what is the issue ?

Follow @haydibe instructions for the VM creation

And try latest TCRP version image. Also build withfriend option for easier DSM update management and other goodies.

e.g. 

./rploader.sh build ds3622xsp-7.1.1-42962 withfriend 

Thanks alot. 

This new command does this allow you ro update via DSM or do you still need to use the Tiny Core for updates ?

Also those commands i provided is that all correct ? 

4 minutes ago, Vodka2014 said:

Thanks alot. 

This new command does this allow you ro update via DSM or do you still need to use the Tiny Core for updates ?

Also those commands i provided is that all correct ? 

You dont need to go to TCRP for postupdate anymore after you include TCRP Friend.

All commands besides build that you can add withfriend are OK.

Edited by pocopico

3 minutes ago, pocopico said:

You dont need to go to TCRP for postupdate anymore after you include TCRP Friend.

Thanks alot and last Q for now :)

Also those commands i provided is that all correct ? and just change them for DS3266x+ ?

There is so many links and updates so i am not sure what is right and what is wrong.

Edited by Vodka2014

5 minutes ago, Vodka2014 said:

Thanks alot and last Q for now :)

Also those commands i provided is that all correct ? and just change them for DS3266x+ ?

There is so many links and updates so i am not sure what is right and what is wrong.

Yes, build command would be :

./rploader.sh build ds3622xsp-7.1.1-42962 withfriend

Just now, Vodka2014 said:

Hi @pocopico

So that install worked. I updated the SN and MAC but after i rebooted it is showing me Tiny Core Friend and SN and MAC Missing.

When i reboot do i go back to the same options and see why this was not updated or do i use the Friend option now. 

You can go back to the TCRP and can you please check your user_config.json before running the build command ? 

• Like 1

Just now, pocopico said:

You can go back to the TCRP and can you please check your user_config.json before running the build command ? 

Thanks will do so i mean there is the Build Image and then Friend when i reboot so i go back to Build Image correct.

Sorry for all the questions here this is new to me so want to make sure it is correct. 

Hi @Peter Suh

I have spotted some things different on some installs and just want to make sure.

1. On the VM you have SCSI and others SATA as a disk type & write cache enabled

2. The NIC is the Vitro one and others is Realtek 

Also the commands to add. Yes i know the below will take the variables from the script that i have to add in the info but the other settings.  

--args "-device 'qemu-xhci,addr=0x18' -drive 'id=synoboot,file=/var/lib/vz/images/${id}/tinycore-redpill.img,if=none,format=raw' -device 'usb-storage,drive=synoboot,bootindex=1'" \

Vs

echo "args: -device 'nec-usb-xhci,id=usb-bus0,multifunction=on' -drive 'file=/var/lib/vz/images/101/tinycore-redpill.v0.9.2.9.img,media=disk,format=raw,if=none,id=drive-disk-bootloader' -device 'usb-storage,bus=usb-bus0.0,port=1,drive=drive-disk-bootloader,id=usb-disk-bootloader,bootindex=999,removable=on'" >> /etc/pve/qemu-server/101.conf

Thanks again

Edited by Vodka2014

4 minutes ago, Vodka2014 said:

Hi @Peter Suh

I have spotted some things different on some installs and just want to make sure.

1. On the VM you have SCSI and others SATA as a disk type & write cache enabled

2. The NIC is the Vitro one and others is Realtek 

Also the commands to add. Yes i know the below will take the variables from the script that i have to add in the info but the other settings.  

--args "-device 'qemu-xhci,addr=0x18' -drive 'id=synoboot,file=/var/lib/vz/images/${id}/tinycore-redpill.img,if=none,format=raw' -device 'usb-storage,drive=synoboot,bootindex=1'" \

Vs

echo "args: -device 'nec-usb-xhci,id=usb-bus0,multifunction=on' -drive 'file=/var/lib/vz/images/101/tinycore-redpill.v0.9.2.9.img,media=disk,format=raw,if=none,id=drive-disk-bootloader' -device 'usb-storage,bus=usb-bus0.0,port=1,drive=drive-disk-bootloader,id=usb-disk-bootloader,bootindex=999,removable=on'" >> /etc/pve/qemu-server/101.conf

Thanks again

I don't have much experience with proxmox.
Maybe I should talk to pocopico instead of me? 😃

8 minutes ago, pocopico said:

If you want the disks to be possible to be read by a physical system in the future i would choose directly. 

i asked this question because my disks crashed and i don't understand why, the proxmox sevrer never shut down, this morning i found pool 1 in raid one with the message that they were read only. on reboot it appeared that pool 1 and poll2 two crashed ... now I can't access my data anymore, and on pool 2 I also had a backup ..

On 2022/5/14 at AM9点35分, phone guy said:

这是一个简单的指南和分步教程,介绍了我如何让微型核心红色药丸加载器在 proxmox 服务器上运行和工作。这不是唯一的方法,只是我这样做的方式,它似乎有效。您需要下载一些东西并准备好在本地计算机上访问。

1. 微小的核心红色药丸图像来自@pocopico 下载
  2. 用于 Windows 的腻子(或您的 Mac 等价物)下载
  3. WinSCP for windows (或 mac 等效)下载
  4. 当然还有一个安装并运行 proxmox 的工作服务器。下载
  5. 直接从 synology.com 下载的正确 .pat dsm 安装文件(这个可以自己处理😉

从 proxmox 创建一个 VM。

image.thumb.png.02b2dc7b73a6e470adffcf5a280722ce.png

大多数默认值都可以,根据您的具体需要和要求更改这些,我个人使用:Q35,virtio nic,HDD 是您的选择,2 核和 2gb ram(再次由您选择)。系统 Q35 也不是必需的,i440x 也可以,这正是我使用的并且可以正常工作。硬盘是您想要的任何东西,或者通过完整的驱动器或控制器......再次根据您的设置进行选择。nic、cpu 和 ram 也一样。请务必在操作系统部分使用 NO MEDIA

* 记住 VM ID # * 你稍后会用到它 *

image.thumb.png.d078f11d23a9148f142081b6da1ba618.png

image.thumb.png.09bb8af50fc8bc8c982e8d860d0e8a9c.png

请记住,此处选择不使用任何媒体

image.thumb.png.849ffd0c54c34786924a4525d9c59235.png

image.thumb.png.99f042cd95678a9f088bcd0e941c52bb.png

image.thumb.png.98a0f088255299ad9f7cb18202aa8f89.png

image.thumb.png.88b0d32e2a5941b31bfed1f05fe42241.png

image.thumb.png.60edb05df7eb7e14bf413e37e8107b51.png

现在,加载 WinSCP 并使用您的本地 ip 和 proxmox 凭据连接到您的 proxmox 服务器。

在右侧,导航到/var/lib/vz/images/并创建一个文件夹/目录,其中包含创建的任何 vm 编号,在这些图片中它是 101,所以在这种情况下它应该是/var/lib/vz /图像/101/

在 WinSCP 的左侧,导航到您下载并提取 tcrp 映像的位置

提取 的tcrp img从本地计算机复制到 proxmox vm 目录

image.thumb.png.680fa1594e43e94df83bd76a88e9416b.png

或者,您可以在主 pve 节点shell中输入几个命令行来下载和提取 tcrp 映像,而根本不使用 winscp,但我这样做很难。无论哪种方式都有效,因此取决于您。

另一种方法是在 proxmox 中打开主 pve 节点外壳并输入这些命令(对每一行使用复制和粘贴)

现在,在这一点上,你应该有一个 vm # 的目录在正确的位置,里面有 tcrp 提取的图像准备发出以下命令,所以现在单击左侧面板上的主 pve 节点并选择shell和将此命令粘贴到那里。用你的 vm # 编辑 101 vm #

image.thumb.png.0b612f7a16847a7f92a15d5f8dd0844f.png

现在键入nano和上述命令的最后一部分(目录部分)以验证进入 vm .conf 文件的条目,因此在这种情况下

image.thumb.png.389e98995645da34dbc73bfda0f12f0b.png

您可以轻松地验证进入 .conf 文件底部的 vm 条目,现在按control x退出。

现在选择您的虚拟机并从列中选择硬件

image.thumb.png.3166899d822af0b8c25131fca01fe8df.png

在这里使用添加按钮,如果需要,您应该添加一个串行 0 控制台来监控您的 dsm 加载程序(有助于故障排除),如果您正在添加硬盘或使用 hba 控制器或 sata 控制器或任何其他特定硬件的通行证进行构建,请添加它这里。

image.thumb.png.2bf5ef9fe13a127f83b15b49b00cc9a9.png

现在从列表栏中选择选项,然后仅选择ide2 CD-ROM(取消选中所有其他)并将 cd-rom 优先级#1 拖动到顶部。

image.thumb.png.2181ede653f53025bd0a4535c9c55f33.png

现在你已经准备好启动你的虚拟机并构建你的加载器了。

image.thumb.png.cd7fe05495666955dce6453cd5b3dc17.png

您可以通过右键单击虚拟机编号/名称并选择>_ 控制台来观看启动过程

将打开一个新窗口,您将看到代码行飞过,但仅在此控制台监视器窗口中。这是一个可选步骤。

image.png.c11a137a069c7dc0f895d76a8406638f.png

此时您应该正在启动 tcrp 并准备构建您的加载程序...@彼得苏有一个很棒的教程链接在这里按照他的指示构建装载机。

使用 putty SSH 进入 tcrp 构建 loader,如果使用虚拟网卡构建,主要的事情是添加v9fs ext 以使网络端口正常工作,在执行 putty 中的 redpill build 命令之前使用此命令。

成功构建加载程序后,在重新启动期间,返回 proxmox gui,当您看到启动菜单屏幕时,按 UP 选择 BOOT FROM USB, VERBOSE然后按 enter...这很重要您只需执行一次,它将保存并保留该选择,直到您再次更改它。不想从 sata 启动!

image.thumb.png.0dc6ddc4223ebd39cee706f6712f26d2.png

此时您加载浏览器,访问 find.synology.com 或在您的 PC 上使用 Synology 搜索应用程序,或者直接访问您的新 vm dsm 的 ip 并完成该过程。如果您从上方打开控制台监视器,您应该会看到登录提示,如果您向上滚动一点,您还会看到 dsm vm 的 ip。

如果您从 USB 成功启动,一切都会正常工作。如果您在第一次重新启动期间没有更改它,并且您正在从 sata 启动,那么您很可能无法安装 dsm。您需要关闭虚拟机电源,重新启动虚拟机,然后选择从 USB 详细启动。

如果本指南对您有所帮助,请为我按下感谢按钮。🖖😀_

并记得感谢@pocopico@彼得苏

享受!

Please also ask,
args: -device 'nec-usb-xhci,id=usb-bus0,multifunction=on' -drive 'file=/var/lib/vz/images/101/arpl.img,media=disk,format=raw,if =none,id=drive-disk-bootloader' -device 'usb-storage,bus=usb-bus0.0,port=1,drive=drive-disk-bootloader,id=usb-disk-bootloader,bootindex=999, removable=on'

with args: -device 'qemu-xhci,addr=0x18' -drive 'id=synoboot,file=/var/lib/vz/images/101/arpl.img,if=none,format=raw' -device 'usb -storage,id=synoboot,drive=synoboot,bootindex=5'
what is the difference

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to install ds3622xsp-7.1.0-42661 on latest Proxmox using all 3 kinds of virtual NICs: virtio, vmxnet and e1000. For all 3 installations I get slow network using iperf3, around 150-200 Mbit/s, maybe a little bit better for e1000. Installed OMV VM on the same Proxmox node and there I get 600-700 Mbit/s using virtio NIC. On Proxmox host I get 950 Mbit/s. Any idea what might be wrong, maybe old virtio drivers in the v9fs extension?

Anybody has better iperf3 results on Proxmox DSM 7 VM?

On 11/17/2022 at 9:51 PM, blitva75 said:

I managed to install ds3622xsp-7.1.0-42661 on latest Proxmox using all 3 kinds of virtual NICs: virtio, vmxnet and e1000. For all 3 installations I get slow network using iperf3, around 150-200 Mbit/s, maybe a little bit better for e1000. Installed OMV VM on the same Proxmox node and there I get 600-700 Mbit/s using virtio NIC. On Proxmox host I get 950 Mbit/s. Any idea what might be wrong, maybe old virtio drivers in the v9fs extension?

Anybody has better iperf3 results on Proxmox DSM 7 VM?

Nevermind, I dumped Proxmox and installed DSM 7 as bare metal because disk write performance was also poor with Proxmox. Now everything is flying, net speed 950 Mbit/s both up and down, USB3 external HDD write 130 MB/s. It might be my HW which is very weak, maybe it would work better on good HW.

In case somebody encounters the same issue, I figured out a solution to get much better network speed using Virtio. You need to disable tx checksumming on the tap interface that Proxmox creates before it starts the VM. For VM 101, command would be: ethtool -K tap101i0 tx off. Problem is that it will work only until you reboot VM, then you need to do it again. Solution for that is to use a simple hookscript in VM config that I made:

#!/bin/bash

# Exmple hook script for PVE guests (hookscript config option)
# You can set this via pct/qm with
# pct set <vmid> -hookscript <volume-id>
# qm set <vmid> -hookscript <volume-id>
# where <volume-id> has to be an executable file in the snippets folder
# of any storage with directories e.g.:
# qm set 100 -hookscript local:snippets/hookscript.pl

# First argument is the vmid
# Second argument is the phase

if [ $2 == "post-start" ];
then

sleep 30
    /usr/sbin/ethtool -K tap$1i0 tx off > /dev/null

fi

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @phone guy, I am unable to update my user.config file unless I run the "build" command. I need to update my SATAMAP values or else the system won't find the drive. I was able to update the SATAMAP values in the GRUB but those reset when the installation process goes thru and reboots.

I am using proxmox, TCRP 9.3.0, and I uploaded the file via ISO image to the local storage.