XPEnology Community

Yet Another Jun's Mod

On 5/16/2022 at 10:59 AM, pocopico said:

IMHO, Jumkeys approach (using old tricks) is the best long term. So i'm planning to adjust accordingly BUT will keep the old configs in place for people that want to keep old methods.

So the thought is that going forward, this method would replace the red pill loader?  I’m confused here as I thought that red pill was more open, and more robust then jun’s mod, correct me if I’m wrong.

1 minute ago, cferra said:

So the thought is that going forward, this method would replace the red pill loader?  I’m confused here as I thought that red pill was more open, and more robust then jun’s mod, correct me if I’m wrong.

That question was expected to come at some point. I even wonder how not already :)

No, this simply mean that @jumkey implemented something that Jun used in the past for his close source module. We still keep the redpill module.

@jumkey I recommend to use another term maybe JOT  for Jun Old Tricks :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/22/2022 at 1:24 AM, jumkey said:

I added the function of automatically repairing dtb file, maybe the cache has not been updated, it is recommended to delete it and add it again. I'm so sorry

Below is the commit info

https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/commit/d82b482f5a01474361b1133b584647bf706a770f

@pocopico

Can you tell me what direction you are planning to fix this issue?

55 minutes ago, pocopico said:

@Peter Suh, what is the request i dont understand 

Here's a link back to what I already mentioned yesterday.
In the current state, your TC cannot build DS920+,DS1621+ due to the following SHA256SUM mismatch.
Will you modify only sha256sum so that there is no build error in your original way (jumkey's old solution)?
Otherwise, it asks if you want to switch the new automatic dtc patching method of jumkey.

Edited by Peter Suh

17 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

Here's a link back to what I already mentioned yesterday.
In the current state, your TC cannot build DS920+,DS1621+ due to the following SHA256SUM mismatch.
Will you modify only sha256sum so that there is no build error in your original way (jumkey's old solution)?
Otherwise, it asks if you want to switch the new automatic dtc patching method of jumkey.

You need to do some reading, as i think you dont understand how Jumkey solution works. 

1. Some required executables files are inside the buildroot and buildroot has to be recreated. 

2. If i change the redpill-dtb globaly the users that are still using the old method will not be able to patch correctly their dtb systems.

3. I need to test all the above to make sure all works as expected without affecting users.

If you can and are willing to assist in any part of the process you may open a PR . 

15 minutes ago, pocopico said:

You need to do some reading, as i think you dont understand how Jumkey solution works. 

1. Some required executables files are inside the buildroot and buildroot has to be recreated. 

2. If i change the redpill-dtb globaly the users that are still using the old method will not be able to patch correctly their dtb systems.

3. I need to test all the above to make sure all works as expected without affecting users.

If you can and are willing to assist in any part of the process you may open a PR . 

The key to @jumkey's new solution is that you no longer need to have a dts file in the redpill loader build,

and install_rd.sh in jumkey.dtb will take care of real-time mapping of sataports at junior mode or DSM boot time.
In my opinion, instead of simply replacing pocopico-dtb with jumkey.dtb, it seems to be enough, isn't it?

Also, I will test and support the stability of jumkey's new dtb patch method from now on.
As you said, it will not be too late to listen to these reports and decide what to do.

Edited by Peter Suh

8 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

The key to @jumkey's new solution is that you no longer need to have a dts file in the redpill loader build,

and install_rd.sh in jumkey.dtb will take care of real-time mapping of sataports at junior mode or DSM boot time.
In my opinion, instead of simply replacing pocopico-dtb with jumkey.dtb, it seems to be enough, isn't it?

Actually no. Its not self explanatory and its not to be taken for granted. I need to understand how that works first. Did you understand ? Can you further elaborate please ?

4 minutes ago, pocopico said:

Actually no. Its not self explanatory and its not to be taken for granted. I need to understand how that works first. Did you understand ? Can you further elaborate please ?

I don't know if you looked through page 2 of this topic,
With jumkey's 2 answers below, I think the explanation is sufficient.
If you have any other questions, please ask jumkey directly.

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Like 2

This is the result of building and testing with TC using ext with jumkey's new dtb patch utility applied.
TC needed some modifications such as not working patchdtc in rploader.sh.

Due to the dts-upx file, the size of the custum.gz file increased a lot.
Again, due to this, the size of the grub partition was insufficient, so I increased the partition size with the partition utility in Windows 10.

Attach the junior log in ttyd and the result log that the output.dts.out file was created.

And, the first captured image is the result of installing DSM with only one disk installed.

The second captured image is the result of booting the DSM by adding one more disk without a separate TC build or dtc operation.
One more disk was automatically recognized.

Spoiler

SynologyNAS> pwd

/exts/redpill-dtb

SynologyNAS> cat output.dts.out

/dts-v1/;

/ {

compatible = "Synology";

model = "synology_geminilake_920+";

version = <0x01>;

syno_spinup_group = <0x02 0x01 0x01>;

syno_spinup_group_delay = <0x0b>;

syno_hdd_powerup_seq = "true";

syno_cmos_reg_secure_flash = <0x66>;

syno_cmos_reg_secure_boot = <0x68>;

DX517 {

compatible = "Synology";

model = "synology_dx517";

pmp_slot@1 {

libata {

EMID = <0x00>;

pmp_link = <0x00>;

};

};

pmp_slot@2 {

libata {

EMID = <0x00>;

pmp_link = <0x01>;

};

};

pmp_slot@3 {

libata {

EMID = <0x00>;

pmp_link = <0x02>;

};

};

pmp_slot@4 {

libata {

EMID = <0x00>;

pmp_link = <0x03>;

};

};

pmp_slot@5 {

libata {

EMID = <0x00>;

pmp_link = <0x04>;

};

};

};

internal_slot@1 {

protocol_type = "sata";

power_pin_gpio = <0x14 0x00>;

detect_pin_gpio = <0x23 0x01>;

led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {

pcie_root = "00:1f.2";

ata_port = <0x00>;

};

led_green {

led_name = "syno_led0";

};

led_orange {

led_name = "syno_led1";

};

};

internal_slot@2 {

protocol_type = "sata";

power_pin_gpio = <0x15 0x00>;

detect_pin_gpio = <0x24 0x01>;

led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {

pcie_root = "00:13.0,00.0";

ata_port = <0x02>;

};

led_green {

led_name = "syno_led2";

};

led_orange {

led_name = "syno_led3";

};

};

internal_slot@3 {

protocol_type = "sata";

power_pin_gpio = <0x16 0x00>;

detect_pin_gpio = <0x25 0x01>;

led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {

pcie_root = "00:12.0";

ata_port = <0x00>;

};

led_green {

led_name = "syno_led4";

};

led_orange {

led_name = "syno_led5";

};

};

internal_slot@4 {

protocol_type = "sata";

power_pin_gpio = <0x17 0x00>;

detect_pin_gpio = <0x26 0x01>;

led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {

pcie_root = "00:12.0";

ata_port = <0x01>;

};

led_green {

led_name = "syno_led6";

};

led_orange {

led_name = "syno_led7";

};

};

esata_port@1 {

ahci {

pcie_root = "00:13.0,00.0";

ata_port = <0x03>;

};

};

usb_slot@1 {

vbus {

syno_gpio = <0x1d 0x01>;

};

usb2 {

usb_port = "1-1";

};

usb3 {

usb_port = "2-1";

};

};

usb_slot@2 {

vbus {

syno_gpio = <0x1e 0x01>;

};

usb2 {

usb_port = "1-2";

};

usb3 {

usb_port = "2-2";

};

};

nvme_slot@1 {

pcie_root = "00:14.1";

port_type = "ssdcache";

};

nvme_slot@2 {

pcie_root = "00:14.0";

port_type = "ssdcache";

};

};

SynologyNAS> cat /var/log/junior_reason

Exit on error [7] root not matched with junior...

SynologyNAS> cat /var/log/*rc*

START /linuxrc.syno.impl

'/etc.defaults/model.dtb' -> '/var/run/model.dtb'

Insert basic USB modules...

:: Loading module usb-common ... [  OK  ]

:: Loading module usbcore ... [  OK  ]

:: Loading module xhci-hcd ... [  OK  ]

:: Loading module xhci-pci ... [  OK  ]

:: Loading module usb-storage ... [  OK  ]

:: Loading kernel modules from extensions ...

Loading kmod #0 "e1000e.ko" for pocopico.e1000e (args: )

Loading kmod #0 "mii.ko" for pocopico.r8169 (args: )

Loading kmod #1 "r8169.ko" for pocopico.r8169 (args: )

:: Loading kernel modules from extensions ... [  OK  ]

:: Executing "on_boot" custom scripts ...

Running "install_rd.sh" for jumkey.dtb->on_boot

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@5: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /esata_port@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

ata_port_no = 0

driver = ahci

pciepath = 00:1f.2

modify path /internal_slot@1/ahci/pcie_root

[ok] value "00:1f.2"

modify path /internal_slot@1/ahci/ata_port

[ok] value <0x00>

/sys/block/sata1

output.dts.out:14.14-19.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:20.14-25.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:26.14-31.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:32.14-37.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:38.14-43.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@5: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:45.18-60.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:61.18-76.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:77.18-92.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:93.18-108.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:109.15-114.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /esata_port@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:115.13-125.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:126.13-136.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:137.14-140.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:141.14-144.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

'model_r2.dtb' -> '/etc.defaults/model.dtb'

'model_r2.dtb' -> '/var/run/model.dtb'

Ran "install_rd.sh" for jumkey.dtb->on_boot - exit=0

Running "check-e1000e.sh" for pocopico.e1000e->on_boot

Loading module e1000e -> Module e1000e loaded succesfully

Ran "check-e1000e.sh" for pocopico.e1000e->on_boot - exit=0

Running "check-r8169.sh" for pocopico.r8169->on_boot

Loading module r8169 -> Module r8169 loaded succesfully

Ran "check-r8169.sh" for pocopico.r8169->on_boot - exit=0

Running "boot-wait.sh" for redpill-boot-wait->on_boot

Still waiting for boot device (waited 1 of 30 seconds)

Still waiting for boot device (waited 2 of 30 seconds)

Still waiting for boot device (waited 3 of 30 seconds)

Still waiting for boot device (waited 4 of 30 seconds)

Confirmed a valid-looking /dev/synoboot device

Ran "boot-wait.sh" for redpill-boot-wait->on_boot - exit=0

Running "install_rd.sh" for redpill-dtb->on_boot

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@5: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /esata_port@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

ata_port_no = 0

driver = ahci

pciepath = 00:1f.2

modify path /internal_slot@1/ahci/pcie_root

[ok] value "00:1f.2"

modify path /internal_slot@1/ahci/ata_port

[ok] value <0x00>

/sys/block/sata1

output.dts.out:14.14-19.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:20.14-25.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:26.14-31.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:32.14-37.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:38.14-43.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@5: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:45.18-60.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:61.18-76.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:77.18-92.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:93.18-108.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:109.15-114.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /esata_port@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:115.13-125.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:126.13-136.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:137.14-140.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

output.dts.out:141.14-144.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property

'model_r2.dtb' -> '/etc.defaults/model.dtb'

'model_r2.dtb' -> '/var/run/model.dtb'

Ran "install_rd.sh" for redpill-dtb->on_boot - exit=0

Running "install_rd.sh" for redpill-misc->on_boot

Starting ttyd, listening on port: 7681

Ran "install_rd.sh" for redpill-misc->on_boot - exit=0

:: Executing "on_boot" custom scripts ... [  OK  ]

Extensions processed

Insert net driver(Mindspeed only)...

Starting /usr/syno/bin/synocfgen...

/usr/syno/bin/synocfgen returns 0

Insert synorbd kernel module

Insert synofsbd kernel module

Insert sha256 kernel module

Assemble args: -u 5511d722:a64e169f:3017a5a8:c86610be /dev/sata1p1

mdadm: /dev/md0 has been started with 1 drive (out of 4).

Partition Version=8

/sbin/e2fsck exists, checking /dev/md0...

e2fsck 1.44.1 (24-Mar-2018)

/sbin/e2fsck -yvf returns 0

Mounting /dev/md0 /tmpRoot

------------upgrade

Begin upgrade procedure

Failed to found any patch

No upgrade file found

============upgrade

------------bootup-smallupdate

Failed to AssertFileKeyValueEqual

value1: /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf:unique -> synology_geminilake_920+

value2: /tmpRoot/etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf:unique => synology_apollolake_918+

Skip bootup smallupdate, because root is not matched to junior

============bootup-smallupdate

Failed to AssertFileKeyValueEqual

value1: /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf:unique -> synology_geminilake_920+

value2: /tmpRoot/etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf:unique => synology_apollolake_918+

Exit on error [7] root not matched with junior...

Mon May 23 13:30:29 UTC 2022

/dev/md0 /tmpRoot ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 0

none /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0

SynologyNAS>

1384910646_2022-05-2311_09_52.thumb.png.34dfd75414607f72ec8c5fb1403b56fe.png

2128325532_2022-05-2311_23_15.thumb.png.b515a23233eb6fab86e05e995e846435.png

ds920.jpg.573107a57e7bc49a9d424a2dae380eb7.jpg        ds3622.jpg.430fe6bab3c915ed2ca4b2dad47f2278.jpg

1) Asrock J5040 itx

=> ds918+ ,ds920+ ,ds3622xs+  : success

=> ds1621+ , ds2422+ : failure ( HDD recognition failure )

2) i5-8500t, B360 itx , nvme cache*2

=> ds918+ , ds3622xs+  success

=> ds920+ , ds1621+ , ds2422+ : failure  ( HDD recognition failure )

hdd.jpg.3219f120acd683a3dc35f1e7209ea650.jpg   hdd2.jpg.729fed340c49b2e7e547038f39343cda.jpg

Edited by dolbycat

9 minutes ago, dolbycat said:

ds920.jpg.573107a57e7bc49a9d424a2dae380eb7.jpg        ds3622.jpg.430fe6bab3c915ed2ca4b2dad47f2278.jpg

1) Asrock J5040 itx

=> ds918+ ,ds920+ ,ds3622xs+  : success

=> ds1621+ , ds2422+ : failure

2) i5-8500t, B360 itx , nvme cache*2

=> ds918+ , ds3622xs+  success

=> ds920+ , ds1621+ , ds2422+ : failure  ( HDD recognition failure )

hdd.jpg.3219f120acd683a3dc35f1e7209ea650.jpg   hdd2.jpg.729fed340c49b2e7e547038f39343cda.jpg

thanks for the test
Can you post the log?
open http://dsmip:7681/
check
cat /var/log/linuxrc.syno.log
cat /var/log/messages | grep vid

Asrock J5040 itx

=> ds1621+ ( HDD recognition failure )

SynologyNAS> cat /var/log/linuxrc.syno.log
START /linuxrc.syno.impl
Insert Marvell 1475 SATA controller driver
:: Loading module usb-common ... [  OK  ]
:: Loading module usbcore ... [  OK  ]
:: Loading module ehci-hcd ... [  OK  ]
:: Loading module ehci-pci ... [  OK  ]
:: Loading module uhci-hcd ... [  OK  ]
:: Loading module xhci-hcd ... [  OK  ]
:: Loading module xhci-pci ... [  OK  ]
:: Loading module usb-storage ... [  OK  ]
Loading kmod #0 "igb.ko" for pocopico.igb (args: )
Checking if kmods for thethorgroup.virtio should run using check-virtio.sh scrip                                        t
Checking for VirtIO
*No* VirtIO hypervisor detected
NOT loading kmods for thethorgroup.virtio
:: Loading kernel modules from extensions ... [  OK  ]
Running "check-igb.sh" for pocopico.igb->on_boot
Loading module igb -> Module igb loaded succesfully
Ran "check-igb.sh" for pocopico.igb->on_boot - exit=0
Running "boot-wait.sh" for thethorgroup.boot-wait->on_boot
Ran "boot-wait.sh" for thethorgroup.boot-wait->on_boot - exit=0
:: Executing "on_boot" custom scripts ... [  OK  ]
Extensions processed
insmod: can't insert '/lib/modules/etxhci-hcd.ko': No such file or directory
All disk ready or timeout execeed
Exit on error [1] DISK NOT INSTALLED...
Tue May 24 12:31:53 UTC 2022
SynologyNAS>

SynologyNAS>
SynologyNAS>
SynologyNAS> cat /var/log/messages | grep vid
May 24 12:32:14 kernel: [    0.000000] e820: BIOS-provided physical RAM map:
May 24 12:32:14 kernel: [   53.689114] <redpill/cmdline_delegate.c:429> Param #13: |vid=0x0781|
May 24 12:32:14 kernel: [   55.962997] <redpill/cmdline_delegate.c:388> Add cmdline blacklist "vid=" @ 0
May 24 12:32:14 kernel: [   84.553494] <redpill/sanitize_cmdline.c:89> Cmdline param "vid=0x0781" blacklisted - skipping
May 24 12:32:14 kernel: [   96.832593] <redpill/usb_boot_shim.c:72> Found new device <vid=1d6b, pid=0002> - didn't match expected <vid=0781, pid=5591> (prev_shimmed=0)
May 24 12:32:14 kernel: [   96.880239] <redpill/usb_boot_shim.c:72> Found new device <vid=1d6b, pid=0003> - didn't match expected <vid=0781, pid=5591> (prev_shimmed=0)
May 24 12:32:14 kernel: [   97.229399] <redpill/usb_boot_shim.c:90> Device <vid=0781, pid=5591> shimmed to <vid=f400, pid=f400>
SynologyNAS>

1) Asrock J5040 itx

=> ds920+ : success

2) i5-8500t, B360 itx , nvme cache*2

=> ds920+ : failure  ( HDD recognition failure )

SynologyNAS>
SynologyNAS> cat /var/log/linuxrc.syno.log
START /linuxrc.syno.impl
:: Loading module usb-common ... [  OK  ]
:: Loading module usbcore ... [  OK  ]
:: Loading module xhci-hcd ... [  OK  ]
:: Loading module xhci-pci ... [  OK  ]
:: Loading module usb-storage ... [  OK  ]
Loading kmod #0 "igb.ko" for pocopico.igb (args: )
Checking if kmods for thethorgroup.virtio should run using check-virtio.sh script
Checking for VirtIO
*No* VirtIO hypervisor detected
NOT loading kmods for thethorgroup.virtio
:: Loading kernel modules from extensions ... [  OK  ]
Running "check-igb.sh" for pocopico.igb->on_boot
Loading module igb -> Module igb loaded succesfully
Ran "check-igb.sh" for pocopico.igb->on_boot - exit=0
Running "boot-wait.sh" for thethorgroup.boot-wait->on_boot
Still waiting for boot device (waited 2 of 30 seconds)
Ran "boot-wait.sh" for thethorgroup.boot-wait->on_boot - exit=0
:: Executing "on_boot" custom scripts ... [  OK  ]
Extensions processed
Exit on error [1] DISK NOT INSTALLED...
Tue May 24 22:14:45 UTC 2022
SynologyNAS>

SynologyNAS> cat /var/log/messages | grep vid
May 24 22:14:59 kernel: [    0.000000] e820: BIOS-provided physical RAM map:
May 24 22:14:59 kernel: [   50.404718] <redpill/cmdline_delegate.c:429> Param #14: |vid=0x0781|
May 24 22:14:59 kernel: [   52.677426] <redpill/cmdline_delegate.c:388> Add cmdline blacklist "vid=" @ 0
May 24 22:14:59 kernel: [   85.206696] <redpill/sanitize_cmdline.c:89> Cmdline param "vid=0x0781" blacklisted - skipping
May 24 22:14:59 kernel: [   96.339519] <redpill/usb_boot_shim.c:72> Found new device <vid=1d6b, pid=0002> - didn't match expected <vid=0781, pid=5591> (prev_shimmed=0)
May 24 22:14:59 kernel: [   96.391237] <redpill/usb_boot_shim.c:72> Found new device <vid=1d6b, pid=0003> - didn't match expected <vid=0781, pid=5591> (prev_shimmed=0)
May 24 22:14:59 kernel: [   96.747905] <redpill/usb_boot_shim.c:90> Device <vid=0781, pid=5591> shimmed to <vid=f400, pid=f400>
SynologyNAS>

Edited by dolbycat

3 minutes ago, dolbycat said:

i5-8500t, B360 itx , nvme cache*2

=> ds920+ : success 

I added it now and it worked.
Thank you very much.

But nvme is not recognized. Do I have to add it manually?

jumkey.dtb only solves the pain points of newbies
More advanced usage requires manual creation of dtb

• Thanks 1

M Shell, Tinycore jun mode build function added distribution

I don't have time

So, I only applied my.sh.

The rest of the shells will be updated soon.

DSM 7.0.1-42218, which is a required pat file for the current Jun Mode application, is changed to update 4.

The contents of the download pat file have been changed again.

In this changed state, pocopico's tinycore does not respond, so when building in jun mode, build is not possible due to sha256sum mismatch.

In order to bypass this part in the m shell,

DSM 7.0.1-42218 update 4 Download the pat file to avoid build errors.

Automatic update is supported, so if you use "./my.sh model name" only once, it will be updated to the latest version.

For new users, please download and decompress it using the command below in TC Linux.

wget https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/raw/main/my.sh.gz; tar -zxvf my.sh.gz;

For jun mode, just add one more "J" after the existing model name.
It's like this.

./my.sh DS918+J

./my.sh DS3622xsJ

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dolbycat said:

2422.jpg.fe07ebc7c1b10276e961932440a87953.jpg

i5-8500t, B360 itx , nvme cache*2

=> ds2422+ : success

jumkey

I'm sorry, but I have a question.
How do I manually put "nvme cache"?

The old way was by editing the "dts" file. But now there is no "dts" file.

I could try patching nvme, but it won't necessarily work. I need some information, can you provide it?
shell
ls /sys/block/*/device/syno_block_info
cat /sys/block/*/device/syno_block_info