XPEnology Community

netgear rndp2000 unusable

btpv

hello I hope someone can help my I have second hand a Netgear rndp2000. it has a Synology setup interface and thinks it is a Synology ds3612xs. after some googling I found out it most likely has XPEnology. I tried all the DSM install options (the upload file one with latest DSM) but it fails on 55% and it says the file is corrupt or something like that. can somebody help my with that

Hi 

It seems your VID and PID is not correct in the grub.cfg at the USB stick.

You can check with this tool and correct the values on your USB in the grub.cfg

https://download.cnet.com/ChipEasy/3001-18493_4-75611281.html

For more help we need more Informations 

DSM Version

Bootloader Version

Where is the Bootloader storit etc

BR

Every Brand USB Stick has unique VID and PID Number and you can checkit when you connect this usb stick that is on the server in your pc and check this vid and pid number with this tool that i have mentioned before.

The Xpenology Bootloader is on the usb stick or in the server itself as SD Card i dont have this netgear HW.

Check the usb port on your server and connect the usb stick to your PC.

Check the Faq on this site 

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7973-tutorial-installmigrate-dsm-52-to-61x-juns-loader/ 

Please note every Bootloader has his DSM Version you cant upload every DSM Version to every Bootloader.

As example

1.02 B has DSM 6.1

1.03b has DSM 6.2

1.04b has DSM 6.2

or Redpill for DSM 7.0 and 7.1

Here is en example for the grub.cfg Loader 1.02b 1.03b and 1.04b

Check this line on your usb stick in the grub.cfg and change the value related to your usb stick vendor.

vid=0x058f set pid=0x6387

et extra_initrd="extra.lzma" set info="info.txt" set vid=0x058f set pid=0x6387 set sn=C7LWN09761 set mac1=0011322CA785 set rootdev=/dev/md0 set netif_num=1 set extra_args_3615='' set common_args_3615='syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 console=ttyS0,115200n8 withefi elevator=elevator quiet' set sata_args='sata_uid=1 sata_pcislot=5 synoboot_satadom=1 DiskIdxMap=0C SataPortMap=1 SasIdxMap=0' set default='0' set timeout='1' set fallback='1'

Check also  this site 

Tutorial/Reference: 6.x Loaders and Platforms

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

1 hour ago, btpv said:

hello I hope someone can help my I have second hand a Netgear rndp2000. it has a Synology setup interface and thinks it is a Synology ds3612xs. after some googling I found out it most likely has XPEnology. I tried all the DSM install options (the upload file one with latest DSM) but it fails on 55% and it says the file is corrupt or something like that. can somebody help my with that

I dont think you have 3612 because for Xpenolgy we have 918+ /3615xs / 3617 xs for 1.02b and 1.03b and  with Redpill we have 918+3615 3617 and 3622 but not 3612

8 minutes ago, nemesis122 said:

I dont think you have 3612 because for Xpenolgy we have 918+ /3615xs / 3617 xs for 1.02b and 1.03b and  with Redpill we have 918+3615 3617 and 3622 but not 3612

well in the model it says ds3612xs in the first page in the setup

and it really is a netgear rndp2000

Edited by btpv

i dont know if its possible for a higher version maybe here is en other user that have experience with this HW.

Because you need to flash the Image to the RDM or maybe there is a bios a setting that you can boot from USB i have no knowledge to flash the bootloader directly to the Sata DOM or RDM 

Maybe you check before do the installation starting  there is a link Device Informations and there will be show for which dsm Version is this loader that is stored on your Flash and then Download the correct DSM version i think in this case DSM4..... and try with this Version or ask the guy who sales this device.

Edited by nemesis122