XPEnology Community

Any experience using real Synology AND Xpenology NAS with Quick Connect?

Carl10

Has anybody created a Quick Connect account on a Synology unit and used it on  Xpenology (both on the same LAN)?

I have an Xpenology rig working fine running RP DSM 7.1 and know I cannot create a Quick Connect account.  I just purchased a used DS220+ Synology for backing up my main unit and can create an account with the real Synology unit.  I don't necessarily want or need the Quick Connect feature but have run into needing an account to setup Chat so I can push video surveillance of my front door to my phone on people detection.  The Surveillance Station is on the Xpenology rig, so I want to use the Quick Connect account from DS220 on my Xpenology rig.

Any help would be appreciated.

32 minutes ago, Carl10 said:

Has anybody created a Quick Connect account on a Synology unit and used it on  Xpenology (both on the same LAN)?

I have an Xpenology rig working fine running RP DSM 7.1 and know I cannot create a Quick Connect account.  I just purchased a used DS220+ Synology for backing up my main unit and can create an account with the real Synology unit.  I don't necessarily want or need the Quick Connect feature but have run into needing an account to setup Chat so I can push video surveillance of my front door to my phone on people detection.  The Surveillance Station is on the Xpenology rig, so I want to use the Quick Connect account from DS220 on my Xpenology rig.

Any help would be appreciated.

I do not think somebody will help you with this. The QuickConnect ID you have is linked with your DS220 serial. Your XPEnology has a different serial number therefore requires a different QuickConnect ID and valid serial number.

When it comes to serials and quick connect id stuff the policy in this forum is "no one will assist in any way to abuse Synology's services using an XPEnology machine".

Alternative you can use DDNS to achieve a similar goal. Just search the forum for more information.

Edited by gadreel

9 minutes ago, gadreel said:

Alternative you can use DDNS to achieve a similar goal

@gadreelThanks for the reply. I know I can't create Synology service on my Xpenology machine (nor was that my intent of my post).  From what I discovered if I had two DS220's I would still only require one account for both machines but seperate ID's /labels (which never having done that may be the same thing).  With my one DS220 I could do everything I need, but only wanted that machine for backups, not to run surveillance.  As I am sure others have both types of machines I was wondering through CMS (have not found a way using this tool) or other method I could achieve my goal.

By your reference to DDNS are you referring to remote access to my Xpenology unit?  For that I use Tailscale.  If that was not your reference I apologize for misunderstanding.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gadreel said:

Then each device must have different quick connect id...

Thanks for the clarification.  I guess my only solution is to see if there is a way to get the push/chat notification from my Xpenology unit to be channeled through my DS220.