XPEnology Community

Does anyone enable high availability on 5.2-5644?

swanduron

Hi experts,

I want to use 2 xpenboot servers with SHA (synology high availability) in a business project and now I am testing the SHA function in ESXi server.

I follow the guidance of synology offical document but the page shows 'operation failed, please re-login and retry', this is my mistake or limitation of xpenboot?

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Hi experts,

I want to use 2 xpenboot servers with SHA (synology high availability) in a business project and now I am testing the SHA function in ESXi server.

I follow the guidance of synology offical document but the page shows 'operation failed, please re-login and retry', this is my mistake or limitation of xpenboot?

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Hi, few hints

On Esxi, add serial interface on both machines and point them into a file somewhere in filesystem

Both machine Must have 2 nics, one connected on lan where you can manage them, another one connected on same ethernet segment whitout ip address, those are for heartbeat

Both must have MTU of 9000

Do not create any volume, both have to have same version of DSM and updates

in this way you can enable HA

Is this working on xpenology?

Yes, i apologize for incomplete hints.

You can create volume AFTER cluster has been created

Hi Aigor,

Sorry for my late and I was stuck into an trouble case......

Back to this question, I follow your steps, change all MTU of ESXi vSwitchs and interface MTU on DSM to 9000, but the problem still exist. A good news is, I take 2 N3160 motherboards for this test and I will update my result into this topic if you are interested in....

Regards

Swanduron

Hi Aigor,

Back to this question, I follow your steps, change all MTU of ESXi vSwitchs and interface MTU on DSM to 9000, but the problem still exist. A good news is, I take 2 N3160 motherboards for this test and I will update my result into this topic if you are interested in....

Regards

Swanduron

Have you added serial interface on both VM?

Hi Aigor,

Regards

Swanduron

Have you added serial interface on both VM?

Serial Port? I ignored it, is it necessary?