XPEnology Community

Redpill Multiloader (rp_ml v.2.0.0-r02)

FOXBI

6 hours ago, pocopico said:

Actually the structure of custom.gz is very static. We have to reengineer the custom.gz at some point if that makes sense. I changed the custom.gz script at some point to overcome the limit of module extension interdependence. Jumkey added the JUN patch function etc. 

Thats the beauty of open source. The project has no limits and keeps going as long as there are people interested on progressing the project 

It was something to be thankful for for JUN in the past, but it was very disappointing that flexible update support was not possible afterward due to the static source management of the JUN loader.

Switching to open source through GITHUB will make REDPILL shine even more valuable.

As a result, I am very happy that I, as a general user, was able to participate in some parts.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, pocopico said:

I have  the impression that it’s a CPIO format and not gzip at all, but I need to dig into my notes. The reason for having the format in that certain way has to do with the kernel capabilities of each platform. It could have been a simple directory though but TTH decided to go the other way. A more controlled and user targeted way 

Today, through your source analysis,

I was able to see how you used to handle encrypted pats after version 42281 and how to import zImage, rd.gz , GRUB_VER, grub_cksum.syno through it.

Also, I was able to check how to create custom.gz.

I think your method and the ideas you have developed are amazing!!

If you allow it, I would like to use that method and reflect it in the process of creating a multiloader.

However, since rploader is in charge of the build process, I will try to apply only the part that proceeds after the build.

Edited by FOXBI
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, FOXBI said:

Today, through your source analysis,

I was able to see how you used to handle encrypted pats after version 42281 and how to import zImage, rd.gz , GRUB_VER, grub_cksum.syno through it.

Also, I was able to check how to create custom.gz.

I think your method and the ideas you have developed are amazing!!

If you allow it, I would like to use that method and reflect it in the process of creating a multiloader.

However, since rploader is in charge of the build process, I will try to apply only the part that proceeds after the build.

@FOXBI Feel free to do whatever you like ! if this makes you and other users happy, just do it 

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What a pity :( , apparently for me with an HP microserver Gen8, I still haven't managed to get it working.
I'm probably doing something wrong somewhere in the process... I don't know!

However, many thanks to all those involved in this project, for the work made available to common users (as is my case).

Best regards,

• 2 weeks later...

I got it.

I have had a problem probably with LAN driver in VMware-player so i instal ESXi in VMware-player were i build DVR-vm and loader is working.

Next free evening i try to build own DVR loader with e1000 driver includet to virtualize just once ;)

Maybe i try to make VM in my xpenology-918 serwer on Z230 i5-4690.

On 6/18/2022 at 7:18 AM, noxios said:

apparently for me with an HP microserver Gen8

It's been a long time, so I don't know if my old script still works, but it seems possible if you add Broadcom's driver (tg3).

I also have microserver gen8, so this part has already been confirmed.

image.png

• 9 months later...

Hello FOXBI.
I have an Xpnology DS3615sx running DSM 6.2.3 I want to upgrade to DSM 7.xx which I follow the instructions on the internet. So now my NAS is dead. Using your Redpill-Multiloader_7.1-42661 file, it lacks the driver:
Fujitsu D2607-A21 GS2 8-Port SAS 6GB/s PCI-E 2.0 x8 RAID Controller Card should not see the HDD.
Can you help me create a USB boot loader DS3615sx with driver for Fujitsu D2607-A21 GS2 8-Port SAS 6GB/s PCI-E 2.0 x8 RAID. Thank you very much.
I'm not IT and my English is bad too. Thank you .

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2023 at 6:59 PM, jancoler said:

Hello FOXBI.
I have an Xpnology DS3615sx running DSM 6.2.3 I want to upgrade to DSM 7.xx which I follow the instructions on the internet. So now my NAS is dead. Using your Redpill-Multiloader_7.1-42661 file, it lacks the driver:
Fujitsu D2607-A21 GS2 8-Port SAS 6GB/s PCI-E 2.0 x8 RAID Controller Card should not see the HDD.
Can you help me create a USB boot loader DS3615sx with driver for Fujitsu D2607-A21 GS2 8-Port SAS 6GB/s PCI-E 2.0 x8 RAID. Thank you very much.
I'm not IT and my English is bad too. Thank you .

loader has no jobs I'm working on lately. In addition, the task of inserting the device driver is so difficult that I cannot do it.

I think it would be good to ask those who are currently active. Sorry for not being able to help. T.T

• Like 1