XPEnology Community

Need help for power on schedule function in XPEnoboot 5697

swanduron

Hi Experts,

Before My NAS worked with 5022, the schedule function power on/off was working fine. Last night, I upgraded my NAS to 5697, power off works fine but power on does not work as expected. My mainboard is Z77 and CPU is Pentium 2120T, no any configuration is changed except DSM.

Any idea?

Regards

Swanduron

Thank you bro! It seems very interesting!!!

Could you give more detail about this fix? I formatted my xpe boot loader and data disks, it should be 'whole-new' deployment for DSM. And now, my boot loader is XPEnoboot 5.2-5967.1 (17/07/2016) which is the top message in this forum.

have you updated the xpe boot loader?

on the February version the power/ups controls 'broke' if you updated dsm to 5697, the latest xpe boot loader 'fixes' that

I tried to update system to 5967 update 2, problem still exist...... Waiting your update.....

I am having the same Problem. Im running XPEnology on a HP ProLiant Gen8 baremetal Installation.

It has to do with the BIOS Reset fix that came with the last Bootloader. I didn't found a Workaround yet.

I think this should be a bug in DSM or xpe loader, the next version may fix this problem. For now, I use a Raspberry pi which launched a cron script to wake DSM every day. It seems not a good way to resolve this issue......

The worst case, I have to downgrade DSM to 5644.5, I ensure this release can power on/off device as expected.

I don't know the details of the fix, just that the 5967 loader update notes says it fixed the issue.if your mobo has the bios reset issue that might be the problem so you might need to revert to 5644 etc where power on/off worked