XPEnology Community

Upgrade path - 5592-5967

b0fh

I am using 5592u4 right now. What is the upgrade path to get to 5967u1? Do I need to stop at 5644 in between updates or can I go straight to 5967 then 5967u1? Also, can I use the 5967 usb img to use 5644 releases during an upgrade if needed? TIA!

I've just updated bare metal from 5644 to 5967 U1 as follows

Created a new boot drive from the image 5967 image

Boot with default menu option

Update to U1 from control panel

All seemed to work fine

I did have a 'file system error' message on first boot, but this cleared after a reboot. It might be related to my particular setup, but either way volumes mounted ok and everything seems ok - but I' ve not checked the power settings etc yet.

I think the safest way to go from 5592 to 5967 will be to create a new bootloader.

Then boot and select Install/upgrade, select pre downloaded .pat file for 5967 and update.

This should ensure all volumes mount and settings are intact.

I will try to test this out this weekend and post back the result.

Im sure that procedure will work. I was actually hoping after the first reply by abced that a new boot image would not be needed.

But this method is tried and tested from previous versions & I don't want to risk dis-mounted disks or loose any data!!

The lazy method would be without upgrading the boot disk. As my XPENO box is hidden under the stairs with loads of "junk" to move to gain access to it :grin:

Successfully updated to 5967 update 1.

Created new boot disk. Booted & selected option Install/Upgrade. Used Syno assistant to connect to XPENO box.

Manually installed .pat file selecting upgrade option.

Rebooted, used DSM to install Update 1.

Sorted :smile: