XPEnology Community

RedPill TinyCore Loader Installation Guide for DSM 7.1 BareMetal

Peter Suh

9 hours ago, daryl said:

My employer has forced me to work two day shifts and two overnight shifts in a row. This is day 3. Rest well and thank you

If it's not rude, may I ask your nationality?

Korea is almost the only country in Asia that makes such unreasonable demands.

These days, only senior engineers can put up with unreasonable employer demands.

• Sad 1

Hi Peter, I work for an IT company is the USA that was bought by a global Pakistani firm. Zones. Dramatically understaffed and I have a very difficult client I am assigned to. 

I need to eat my foot on the ntp hanging. It did eventually download but took longer than I would have thought. 

Thanks for the input on the motherboard. It was on sale and it was copper trace. I put my ryzen board back in and am back on DS1621+ and am with a working DSM. That said I am not with working LSI card. Considering how out of date my knowledge is how would I best approach? I remember seeing on the Friend screen that my satamap=4. Something tells me there should be two numbers there but I would not know how to manually enter two cards if I had to. Now it is me who has not slept yet.

IMG_0386.HEIC

Edited by daryl
added image of friend screen

16 minutes ago, daryl said:

Hi Peter, I work for an IT company is the USA that was bought by a global Pakistani firm. Zones. Dramatically understaffed and I have a very difficult client I am assigned to. 

I need to eat my foot on the ntp hanging. It did eventually download but took longer than I would have thought. 

Thanks for the input on the motherboard. It was on sale and it was copper trace. I put my ryzen board back in and am back on DS1621+ and am with a working DSM. That said I am not with working LSI card. Considering how out of date my knowledge is how would I best approach? I remember seeing on the Friend screen that my satamap=4. Something tells me there should be two numbers there but I would not know how to manually enter two cards if I had to. Now it is me who has not slept yet.

You're in the US, but that means things have gone bad since the company was taken over by a global Pakistani firm.
You should get some sleep, which is a big deal.

Intel MOBO and Ryzen AMD MOBO work with TCRP, but their characteristics are slightly different.
I'm not sure why either. Maybe @pocopico can provide an explanation.

In my experience so far, Intel MOBO works very well with TCRP FRIEND.
However, Ryzen MOBO is not friendly with TCRP FRIEND and only works well with TCRP Jot.

I have a total of three Ryzen MOBOs, and I plan to test this further.

If you use disk only for HBA, SataPortMap and DiskIdxMap are not involved in port mapping.

I hope you get enough sleep and go back to the problem from your Intel MOBO. (About the automatic reboot phenomenon)
My guess is that i225-v is causing the abnormal behavior.
If possible, it would be better to disable the i225-v nic in the BIOS and use the prepared dual nic.

I'll try jot in the morning. The intel board had a couple of odd things that made me switch back. Could only get HDMI port to work with one memory stick installed. I could install two but it had to be the non optimized slots. Thank you for mentioning. If I need transcoding in video serving application I will get an arc gpu. Was why I made switch in first place. Will sell the intel board off. 

You may be on to something on the company I work for. One of the leadership roles vacated not too long ago as well as two others on my team. Corona hit profit margins last year and no-one gets raises this year.Transitions are harder than desired. Off to count sheep

1 hour ago, daryl said:

I'll try jot in the morning. The intel board had a couple of odd things that made me switch back. Could only get HDMI port to work with one memory stick installed. I could install two but it had to be the non optimized slots. Thank you for mentioning. If I need transcoding in video serving application I will get an arc gpu. Was why I made switch in first place. Will sell the intel board off. 

You may be on to something on the company I work for. One of the leadership roles vacated not too long ago as well as two others on my team. Corona hit profit margins last year and no-one gets raises this year.Transitions are harder than desired. Off to count sheep

The Intel MOBO seems to be in an abnormal state.
If you decide to sell, you've done well.

Then I think we should focus on Ryzen BOMO now.

What exactly is the model of your Ryzen MOBO?

I also work for an IT company, to be precise, a mobile telecommunications company.
We've been in a similar situation since the company was acquired three years ago.
A representative example of the disappearance of leadership is that the team leader is the first to change jobs for his own benefit,

which has already been repeated several times.
This company that was in charge of middle management is going to be withdrawn soon, so no one wants to be the team leader of our team.

You mentioned COVID-19, but unfortunately I am currently infected with COVID-19.
It's been 4 days and I'm getting better now.

I'm glad you decided to sleep. Let's meet again after enough rest.

Edited by Peter Suh

3 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

The Intel MOBO seems to be in an abnormal state.
If you decide to sell, you've done well.

Then I think we should focus on Ryzen BOMO now.

What exactly is the model of your Ryzen MOBO?

I also work for an IT company, to be precise, a mobile telecommunications company.
We've been in a similar situation since the company was acquired three years ago.
A representative example of the disappearance of leadership is that the team leader is the first to change jobs for his own benefit,

which has already been repeated several times.
This company that was in charge of middle management is going to be withdrawn soon, so no one wants to be the team leader of our team.

You mentioned COVID-19, but unfortunately I am currently infected with COVID-19.
It's been 4 days and I'm getting better now.

I'm glad you decided to sleep. Let's meet again after enough rest.

@daryl Device tree models and SAS i think is a no go. That been said ds3622xs and RS4021 is your best choice for SAS.

Edited by pocopico

45 minutes ago, pocopico said:

@daryl Device tree models and SAS i think is a no go. That been said ds3622xs and RS4021 is your best choice for SAS.

It is correct that HBA does not operate on Device-Tree based platforms.

I report the results of more detailed tests on compatibility between TCRP FRIEND and AMD Ryzen bare metal.

So far, while testing TCRP FRIEND, I have tested only the Intel CPU.
I neglected to test how it works with AMD Ryzen.
Those who have only used Ryzen and TCRP FRIEND are probably already aware of it,
I don't think it's ever been mentioned, so it's never been publicized.

Below are the three Ryzen motherboards I own.
ASUS TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING (M-ATX)
ASUS PRIME A320I-K (M-ITX)
ASROCK A520M-ITX/ac (M-ITX)

The 3 boards above gave the same results when used with the TCRP FRIEND loader.
Synology specifications support Ryzen-based v1000 and r1000 platforms from the beginning only
TCRP FRIEND works.

The representative model for v1000 is DS1621+
The r1000 has only one DS923+.

DS1621+ has a phenomenon in which the dtbpatch of the Sata port does not work well.
I'm going to ask fabio of ARPL to fix the error again by running a separate jot conversion test for this phenomenon.
In the case of DS923+, which is based on the same Device-Tree, Sata Port automatic mapping is handled well without any problems.

When using TCRP FRIEND with a Ryzen motherboard, it would be better to consider the use of DS923+ first.
All other Intel CPU based platforms (DS920+, DS918+, DS3622xs+, etc.) did not work.

Now, it seems that TCRP FRIEND does not have a model to recommend in the combination of HBA and Ryzen.
It seems that the only way is to operate DS3622xs+ in TCRP Jot mode.

1 hour ago, Peter Suh said:

It is correct that HBA does not operate on Device-Tree based platforms.

I report the results of more detailed tests on compatibility between TCRP FRIEND and AMD Ryzen bare metal.

So far, while testing TCRP FRIEND, I have tested only the Intel CPU.
I neglected to test how it works with AMD Ryzen.
Those who have only used Ryzen and TCRP FRIEND are probably already aware of it,
I don't think it's ever been mentioned, so it's never been publicized.

Below are the three Ryzen motherboards I own.
ASUS TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING (M-ATX)
ASUS PRIME A320I-K (M-ITX)
ASROCK A520M-ITX/ac (M-ITX)

The 3 boards above gave the same results when used with the TCRP FRIEND loader.
Synology specifications support Ryzen-based v1000 and r1000 platforms from the beginning only
TCRP FRIEND works.

The representative model for v1000 is DS1621+
The r1000 has only one DS923+.

DS1621+ has a phenomenon in which the dtbpatch of the Sata port does not work well.
I'm going to ask fabio of ARPL to fix the error again by running a separate jot conversion test for this phenomenon.
In the case of DS923+, which is based on the same Device-Tree, Sata Port automatic mapping is handled well without any problems.

When using TCRP FRIEND with a Ryzen motherboard, it would be better to consider the use of DS923+ first.
All other Intel CPU based platforms (DS920+, DS918+, DS3622xs+, etc.) did not work.

Now, it seems that TCRP FRIEND does not have a model to recommend in the combination of HBA and Ryzen.
It seems that the only way is to operate DS3622xs+ in TCRP Jot mode.

it’s no surprise that all different DT models use different syntax and support different sub component’s. If you decompile all model.dtb you can verify that. 

34 minutes ago, pocopico said:

it’s no surprise that all different DT models use different syntax and support different sub component’s. If you decompile all model.dtb you can verify that. 

According to you, the structure of the model.dtb file of the Intel CPU-based DS1621+
The structure of the model.dtb file of DS1621+ based on AMD Ryzen should be different.
I haven't directly compared the two files, but I'll try to collect and import them now.

1 hour ago, Peter Suh said:

According to you, the structure of the model.dtb file of the Intel CPU-based DS1621+
The structure of the model.dtb file of DS1621+ based on AMD Ryzen should be different.
I haven't directly compared the two files, but I'll try to collect and import them now.

As I expected, the model.dtb files between Intel/AMD Ryzen are exactly the same, with no syntax differences.
There seems to be different subcomponents between Intel / AMD Ryzen.
model.dtb patched through fabio's dtbpatch extension module is the same as the result patched from DS923+.
The patch works fine, but the question is that it doesn't work.

Spoiler

SynologyNAS> dtc model.dtb
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@5: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@5: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@6: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /esata_port@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /esata_port@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /pcie_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
/dts-v1/;

/ {
        compatible = "Synology";
        model = "synology_v1000_1621+";
        version = <0x01>;
        syno_spinup_group = <0x06>;
        syno_spinup_group_delay = <0x00>;
        syno_hdd_powerup_seq = "true";
        syno_smbus_hdd_type = "tca9555";
        syno_smbus_hdd_adapter = <0x01>;
        syno_smbus_hdd_address = <0x20>;
        syno_cmos_reg_secure_flash = <0xe0>;
        syno_cmos_reg_secure_boot = <0xe2>;

DX517 {
                compatible = "Synology";
                model = "synology_dx517";

pmp_slot@1 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x00>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@2 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x01>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@3 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x02>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@4 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x03>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@5 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x04>;
                        };
                };
        };

internal_slot@1 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        pcie_root = "00:01.5,00.0";
                        ata_port = <0x01>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led0";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led1";
                };
        };

internal_slot@2 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x02>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led2";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led3";
                };
        };

internal_slot@3 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x03>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led4";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led5";
                };
        };

internal_slot@4 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        pcie_root = "00:01.6,00.0";
                        ata_port = <0x01>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led6";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led7";
                };
        };

internal_slot@5 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x02>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led8";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led9";
                };
        };

internal_slot@6 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x03>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led10";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led11";
                };
        };

esata_port@1 {

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x00>;
                };
        };

esata_port@2 {

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x00>;
                };
        };

nvme_slot@1 {
                pcie_root = "00:01.3";
                port_type = "ssdcache";
        };

nvme_slot@2 {
                pcie_root = "00:01.4";
                port_type = "ssdcache";
        };

pcie_slot@1 {
                pcie_root = "00:01.2";
        };

usb_slot@1 {

vbus {
                        syno_gpio = <0x2a 0x01>;
                };

usb2 {
                        usb_port = "1-2";
                };

usb3 {
                        usb_port = "2-2";
                };
        };

usb_slot@2 {

vbus {
                        syno_gpio = <0x0b 0x01>;
                };

usb2 {
                        usb_port = "3-1";
                };

usb3 {
                        usb_port = "4-1";
                };
        };

usb_slot@3 {

vbus {
                        syno_gpio = <0x0c 0x01>;
                };

usb2 {
                        usb_port = "1-3";
                };

usb3 {
                        usb_port = "2-3";
                };
        };
};
SynologyNAS> 

Spoiler

SynologyNAS> dtc model.dtb
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@5: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@5: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@6: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /esata_port@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /esata_port@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /pcie_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg or ranges property
/dts-v1/;

/ {
        compatible = "Synology";
        model = "synology_v1000_1621+";
        version = <0x01>;
        syno_spinup_group = <0x06>;
        syno_spinup_group_delay = <0x00>;
        syno_hdd_powerup_seq = "true";
        syno_smbus_hdd_type = "tca9555";
        syno_smbus_hdd_adapter = <0x01>;
        syno_smbus_hdd_address = <0x20>;
        syno_cmos_reg_secure_flash = <0xe0>;
        syno_cmos_reg_secure_boot = <0xe2>;

DX517 {
                compatible = "Synology";
                model = "synology_dx517";

pmp_slot@1 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x00>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@2 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x01>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@3 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x02>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@4 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x03>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@5 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x04>;
                        };
                };
        };

internal_slot@1 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x01>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led0";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led1";
                };
        };

internal_slot@2 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x02>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led2";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led3";
                };
        };

internal_slot@3 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x03>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led4";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led5";
                };
        };

internal_slot@4 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x01>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led6";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led7";
                };
        };

internal_slot@5 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x02>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led8";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led9";
                };
        };

internal_slot@6 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x03>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led10";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led11";
                };
        };

esata_port@1 {

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x00>;
                };
        };

esata_port@2 {

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x00>;
                };
        };

nvme_slot@1 {
                pcie_root = "00:01.3";
                port_type = "ssdcache";
        };

nvme_slot@2 {
                pcie_root = "00:01.4";
                port_type = "ssdcache";
        };

pcie_slot@1 {
                pcie_root = "00:01.2";
        };

usb_slot@1 {

vbus {
                        syno_gpio = <0x2a 0x01>;
                };

usb2 {
                        usb_port = "1-2";
                };

usb3 {
                        usb_port = "2-2";
                };
        };

usb_slot@2 {

vbus {
                        syno_gpio = <0x0b 0x01>;
                };

usb2 {
                        usb_port = "3-1";
                };

usb3 {
                        usb_port = "4-1";
                };
        };

usb_slot@3 {

vbus {
                        syno_gpio = <0x0c 0x01>;
                };

usb2 {
                        usb_port = "1-3";
                };

usb3 {
                        usb_port = "2-3";
                };
        };
};
SynologyNAS> 

ds1621+sata1_tcrp.txt

ds923+sata1_tcrp.txt

Edited by Peter Suh

The motherboard is an MSi B550 Gaming plus:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-B550-GAMING-PLUS

I seem to have painted myself in to a corner. I understand the theory behind device tree overlay but not the particulars. To take a different turn will take more money and thus more time. It makes sense. 

Would removing the dtbpatch result differently? Happy to test anything

• Haha 1

Removed both sas cards and started out afresh. I have only 4hdd's in an array currently and since motherboard has 6 sata ports I should be good

Deactivated ethernet in bios and tried with intel dual nic card. Would not resolve well in that the Mac sn was off from netif_num again and the r8168 onboard ethernet was showing up in the boot line so I removed the card and went Realtek ethernet only. Jot mode left me on a booting kernel from usb line and it would hang so I assume kernel panic.

Went through again with single ethernet and chose friend loader and I am back with working DSM. When I made reference to Peters older bare metal guide those steps did get me a working DSM with dual ethernet nic on the same hardware. There was one bit of missing context from the ds920/ds1621+ instructions further down on the linked page and I think it was "V1000" as the build target. Im going to use as is until I can get back on intel hardware. Thank you for your support Peter! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daryl said:

The motherboard is an MSi B550 Gaming plus:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-B550-GAMING-PLUS

I seem to have painted myself in to a corner. I understand the theory behind device tree overlay but not the particulars. To take a different turn will take more money and thus more time. It makes sense. 

Would removing the dtbpatch result differently? Happy to test anything

The AMD Ryzen issues I reported yesterday are still in progress.

Even with TCRP FRIEND or ARPL, there are still more problems to be solved.

To use Ryzen and REDPILL, the only way is to skip these issue elements and use them.

I will stop mentioning Ryzen here because in your last post you decided to use an Intel motherboard again.

6 hours ago, daryl said:

Removed both sas cards and started out afresh. I have only 4hdd's in an array currently and since motherboard has 6 sata ports I should be good

Deactivated ethernet in bios and tried with intel dual nic card. Would not resolve well in that the Mac sn was off from netif_num again and the r8168 onboard ethernet was showing up in the boot line so I removed the card and went Realtek ethernet only. Jot mode left me on a booting kernel from usb line and it would hang so I assume kernel panic.

Went through again with single ethernet and chose friend loader and I am back with working DSM. When I made reference to Peters older bare metal guide those steps did get me a working DSM with dual ethernet nic on the same hardware. There was one bit of missing context from the ds920/ds1621+ instructions further down on the linked page and I think it was "V1000" as the build target. Im going to use as is until I can get back on intel hardware. Thank you for your support Peter! 

As pocopico and I already mentioned, the v1000 (DS1621+), GeminiLake (DS920+), and r1000 (DS923+) are DT-based platforms, so HBAs must be abandoned.

DT platforms have the convenience of dtbpatch because it helps match disks to NVMe, but the only downside is that it doesn't work with HBAs.

As you mentioned, I think you'll stick with this setup with the final stable state Intel board.

I'm glad the installation was successful.

Have a nice day.

On 1/14/2023 at 3:48 AM, nemesis122 said:

Do you have tested with tinycore and then postupdate with friend (  or Tinycore without friend option?? was i know this is not happen on all CPU but with the xeon in the gen8 microserver there is this issue.

in ARPL this is fixed but as you know arpl bigger as 1.03 is not working in the gen8 also i dont know why.

have a look at this tread 

starting here 

@pocopico, @nemesis122, @idaanx

I just finished editing and testing the script so that /lib/modules/acpi-cpufreq.ko can be applied correctly in TCRP with the help of fabio.

This script only seems to be valid for Intel 4th gen and lower CPUs.

My 4th generation CPUs show a performance increase of about 3 times or more in the benchmark results after this script is applied correctly.

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/redpill-load/blob/master/redpill-misc/releases/install-all.sh

@pocopico. I hope the script of your TCRP redpill-misc extension driver will also be modified.

5 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

In my case, the 4th generation Haswell i3-4160T CPU improved performance by about 3 times or more.

Single-Core Score
Multi-Core Score
https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/19913775

Single-Core Score
Multi-Core Score
https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/19913867

Why are you unmounting sys at the end ? The script runs on os load where we expect /sys to be already mounted. 

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/redpill-load/blob/9a8cca5dd7b901c95cc46d565496af22593f6402/redpill-misc/releases/install-all.sh#L24

9 minutes ago, pocopico said:

Why are you unmounting sys at the end ? The script runs on os load where we expect /sys to be already mounted. 

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/redpill-load/blob/9a8cca5dd7b901c95cc46d565496af22593f6402/redpill-misc/releases/install-all.sh#L24

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl-addons/blob/main/misc/install.sh#L26

I applied @fbelavenuto's ARPL misc script for the same.

I think we need to ask fabio again for the reason.

Edited by Peter Suh

Hi Peter,

Hope you are well. Question: is there a script in TCRP that is supposed to expand the storage to the limit of the USB? I use MacOS and the DD method. Now on an Asus Tuff B460M M-ATX board LGA1200 and when I try to build for a DS3622xs+ I see a sed message near the end of the menu.sh script indicating that 409 items failed to write due to no space left on device. Using an 8gb usb stick.  Guessing this may be the reason I am not able to start the system. Looks like kernel panic. 

Thank you

Daryl