XPEnology Community

Fixed Changed Busybox and now Nothing Works

davioxx

Hello,

I was trying to update my busybox on my xpenology so I downloaded the newest version transfered it to the NAS and set correct permissions and groups.

When I tried changing the /bin/busybox to busybox_copy to have a backup everything stopped working command line, any idea on how to get this file back as it was?

Update:

No package is working at the moment, ssh, telnet, even keyboard and vga as i get a login issue. Any suggestions?

Update 2:

mounted everything in ubuntu linux as my install was broken. installed the busybox binary and everything went fine

Thanks,

Regards

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

have you tried an xpe boot in 'install/upgrade' mode? you might be able to 'migrate' and reinstall DSM with the compatible version of busybox

also, I think the busybox in dsm is a 'specific' version to work with the rest of the system, so updating it is not needed

Hi Already tried the migrate option but with no avail,

Does anyone knows how to mount that partition in linux so I can change back the name of the binary and get back my data? I tried mounting on linux and I can only see the 2 volume groups I have but not the root filesystem where I modified the /bin/busybox binary

Thanks