XPEnology Community

[SOLVED] HP Proliant N40L MicroServer native support

jnus

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 11 is working.

Last night I followed Polanskiman's "Tutorial: Install/Migrate DSM 5.2 to 6.0.2 (Jun's loader)" v1.01

After a migration I removed my volume and updated from DSM 6.0.2-8451 to Update 11. (manual update via file from Synology)

Then I created a new volume with Btrfs on my "old" SHR RAID Group, installed BTsync and I'm good to go.

UPS not working

Just looking to get My Mellanox ConnectX-2 card to work..

I was expecting this to work since the mlx4_core.ko and mlx4_en.ko files are present in the extra.lzma ramdisk..

If anyone has a tip to why it's not working, please let me know.

I've already checked if the extra.lzma is correctly in the image, which it is.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/07/2017 at 8:41 AM, Scriptonusman said:

UPS not working

just plug it on a simple USB2.0 card reader for example or any usb2.0 switch.

Tested on my N40L DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 11 successfully

Is there anyone that sucessfully install DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 11 on N40L baremetal with a second NIC? 
I've tried with a RTL8111 and got my DSM broken... no way to log in (dsm or ssh) with or without NIC car inserted

36 minutes ago, hubogoss62 said:

just plug it on a simple USB2.0 card reader for example or any usb2.0 switch.

Tested on my N40L DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 11 successfully

Is there anyone that sucessfully install DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 11 on N40L baremetal with a second NIC? 
I've tried with a RTL8111 and got my DSM broken... no way to log in (dsm or ssh) with or without NIC car inserted

Thanks for the tip.

I've now succesfuly installed DSM 6.1-15047 based on Khil's efforts as discussed in this thread.

Works with UPS and second NIC (in my case a Mellanox ConnectX-2 10GB adapter).

Maybe this could work for you too.

• 1 month later...
On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:55 PM, Muaddib said:

I've tried to update my N40L to the newest version with the 1.2B loader.

But now my box is not working. when rebooting it keeps saying that it wants to rebuild.

It loops indefinitely in that manner :-/

Did you disable C1E in the Bios, set VID & PID of the USB stick? What version of DSM were you running before trying to update it?

Edited by Dfds

• 3 weeks later...
On 24-8-2017 at 2:55 PM, Dfds said:

Did you disable C1E in the Bios, set VID & PID of the USB stick? What version of DSM were you running before trying to update it?

This boot loader won't support AMD or does it with the BIOS setting? Currently I'm stuck on DSM 6.0.x because of the lack of support for AMD with the newer releases from jun's boot loader.

5 hours ago, dutchnas said:

This boot loader won't support AMD or does it with the BIOS setting? Currently I'm stuck on DSM 6.0.x because of the lack of support for AMD with the newer releases from jun's boot loader.

Officially jun has stated that his 1.02b loader doesn't support AMD, However people have had success getting it to work with various AMD boards, the HP Microservers do require disabling C1E support in the bios, not sure about other AMD boards. I have a N40L & a N54L, both of which were upgraded from 6.0.2 to 6.1.3 update 4 with jun's 1.02b loader.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dfds said:

Officially jun has stated that his 1.02b loader doesn't support AMD, However people have had success getting it to work with various AMD boards, the HP Microservers do require disabling C1E support in the bios, not sure about other AMD boards. I have a N40L & a N54L, both of which were upgraded from 6.0.2 to 6.1.3 update 4 with jun's 1.02b loader.

That is great, can you do an upgrade to the latest DSM or do you need to reinstall it?

I did the upgrade on my N54L AMD and it worked fine with me too, using Jun's Loader 1.02b with correct PID/VID, Sn+Mac to 6.1

However, After upgrade to update 4 it does not come back up when the disks are in. Without them it gets an ip and is visible. Putting the disks back in I don't see it anymore. Any tips? Appreciate some direction in what to look for.