XPEnology Community

[SOLVED] HP Proliant N40L MicroServer native support

jnus

Before we can upgrade we need someone to create us a new boot image and Pat file for the N40.

Nighthawk did all this fine work for us last time.

I've tried using the other 4.2 images on this forum but can't get them to work and I don't really know enough to fix it.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable than us will come along and help us but until then we are stuck with 4.1

another problem ...

When I connect a USB drive to any port, it is detected as an internal disk. So no partitions mounted NTFS / FAT.

Someone happens?

Thanks advanced!

Its' working OK in my server... have you uploaded the USB modules?

forgive my stupidity, I thought I had read that in version 4.1 build XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 2668 + + (more hardware) came already integrated.

I updated the modules and everything works fine.

For me right now, the most important problem is the spindown hardisks. (hibernate)

Thanks!!

PD: By the way, you have upgrade to 4.2? with last release 3202.

I tried it but the boot process hung loading the kernel

the same error.

What seems to work is hibernation. I have defined two volumes one to three discs and one more with one only hdd.

It logical if I access to the volume with only one disk, no discs wake of the second volume, but this is not the case, And all disks come into operation.

hello,

someone already try it?

=> Update the USB Boot Key to DSM 4.2 (.img) then use Assistant to provide the new .pat to box, the update manager will let you select update/migrate or clean install.

Does anyone has a link to a DSM 4.2 image usable on the HP Proliant N40L? I tried the img from the repack version but the kernel doesn't boot .

Hello again!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5tpWhE ... sp=sharing - synoboot image, that curently running on my hardware

.pat files can be taken from here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=555

There is same bugs with usb-hid, like in previous build (dsm 4.1), so usb ups support stil broken :sad: .

Just upgraded from 4.1 without any problem, all went smooth :smile:

I have to reinstall the package for usb?

Thanks for your hard work!

ema

HP Microserver N36L

Hi Night!

Installed correctly on my NL40. To solve the problem with the USB, you could load the modules before?

Thanks for your work!

This is usb flash image with dsm from my microserver:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5tpWhE ... BkN3c/edit

And this is some modules, which makes usb 2.0 works properly:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5tpWhE ... hLSzg/edit

Just write this image on your usb flash and change mac in "vender" file on a second partition to coincide with your stock MAC

After successful installation (if successful), you need to copy all the modules (*.ko) into /lib/modules/, to fix usb.

For example how i do it with scp utility:

[nighthawk@localhost modules]$ scp -r *.ko root@192.168.1.20:/lib/modules/
root@192.168.1.20's password: 
cdc-acm.ko                                                        100%   36KB  35.7KB/s   00:00    
cdc_ether.ko                                                      100%   12KB  11.7KB/s   00:00    
cdc_ncm.ko                                                        100%   16KB  15.7KB/s   00:00    
ehci-hcd.ko                                                       100%   57KB  56.6KB/s   00:00    
fuse.ko                                                           100%  106KB 105.9KB/s   00:00    
uhci-hcd.ko                                                       100%   34KB  34.2KB/s   00:00    
usb-common.ko                                                     100% 3328     3.3KB/s   00:00    
usbcore.ko                                                        100%  234KB 233.5KB/s   00:00    
usbhid.ko                                                         100%   45KB  45.4KB/s   00:00    
usbip_common_mod.ko                                               100%   29KB  29.2KB/s   00:00    
usbip.ko                                                          100%   32KB  31.8KB/s   00:00    
usblp.ko                                                          100%   22KB  21.9KB/s   00:00    
usbnet.ko                                                         100%   30KB  30.4KB/s   00:00    
usb-storage.ko                                                    100%  107KB 106.5KB/s   00:00    
xhci-hcd.ko                                                       100%  115KB 114.6KB/s   00:00    

Hi Night!

Installed correctly on my NL40. To solve the problem with the USB, you could load the modules before?

Thanks for your work!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5tpWhE ... sp=sharing

Now usb devices are displayed as esata

Everything works wonderful. Very big thank you. The only request i have is that is there anyway you can show me how to change/edit mac address and serial number of the box? I tried hex editor but never worked.

Thanks

DM

Works great on N54L. Thank you.

The only wish left is working power saving options with HD hibernation.

What do you mean with power saving? My NL40 consumes about 30-33W when in idle, just as consumed with windows / debian. I see nothing unusual.

Hibernation, my in 4.1 I get to work. At 4.2 I have to try. Anyway, not as work on the original hardware. But having the system here in the main disk, will be difficult to enter into rest most of their time.

Thanks again!

N54L is a little faster and eats 60-70w on idle with 4 x 1TB WD black drives. CPU, drives and fans don't slow down.

Without drives booted from USB Linux openelec, it's idling on 28-30W. BIOS is moded.

Wohhhh, fans dont slow?

I miss the fans do not get their speed. My NL40 with Openmediavault and all are 28W at idle, but now had only a 1TB hard drive. Bios moded.