XPEnology Community

[SOLVED] HP Proliant N40L MicroServer native support

jnus

OK - everything seems to have installed so far. Couple of small issues though

1) The HDD in bay 5 (the optical bay) isn't being detected.

2) Anyone know what sort of screwdriver I need to remove the torx looking screws on the included 250GB HDD with a microserver. Tried torx 10,15 and 20 and none fit.

1) The HDD in bay 5 (the optical bay) isn't being detected.

2) Anyone know what sort of screwdriver I need to remove the torx looking screws on the included 250GB HDD with a microserver. Tried torx 10,15 and 20 and none fit.

Try the screwdriver attached to the inside of the front door :smile: There are a load of drive fixing screws at the base of the door also (and 4 DVD screws near the screwdriver).

Try the screwdriver attached to the inside of the front door :smile: There are a load of drive fixing screws at the base of the door also (and 4 DVD screws near the screwdriver).

I have XPEnology 4.3 installed and running.

I am having an issue with file transfers though. I have a USB HDD plugged into the Microserver. It has about 2.5TB of data on it. I am trying to copy that onto the NAS but it keeps falling over.

What will happen is it will start moving the data across and then at some apparently random point it will stop the operation. I have managed to get about 500GB across so far but it is in dribs and drabs and is proving very infuriating.

Sometimes I get an error message saying the operation has failed but most of the time nothing. At other times the transfer won't even start.

EDIT : Found out what was causing some transfers not to start. I had ended up with some duplicate files during the data move and it was skipping those when I was trying to move these into folders with dupes present. Still unsure what is causing other transfers to stop midway through though.

I have XPEnology 4.3 installed and running.

I am having an issue with file transfers though. I have a USB HDD plugged into the Microserver. It has about 2.5TB of data on it. I am trying to copy that onto the NAS but it keeps falling over.

What will happen is it will start moving the data across and then at some apparently random point it will stop the operation. I have managed to get about 500GB across so far but it is in dribs and drabs and is proving very infuriating.

Sometimes I get an error message saying the operation has failed but most of the time nothing. At other times the transfer won't even start.

EDIT : Found out what was causing some transfers not to start. I had ended up with some duplicate files during the data move and it was skipping those when I was trying to move these into folders with dupes present. Still unsure what is causing other transfers to stop midway through though.

Couldn't figure out what was causing the issue with those file transfers. I ended up deleting a load of stuff out of frustration.

I am unable to get XBMC to connect to it via SMB or NFS. I have followed the guides on the XBMC wiki without any success.

If I try and connect over SMB I see the "Diskserver" under the workgroup. When I try to select it to browse for the relevant share I get an error saying "connection timed out"

When I try and connect via NFS it times out if I try and browse to the share. (I have followed the guide on the XBMC wiki and have enabled the NFS settings correctly.) If I try and manually enter the address (in this case nfs://192.168.0.2/volume1/TV Shows/) when I hit the OK button I get the sound to signify a menu click and then XBMC becomes unresponsive. It then comes back with an error saying it couldn't find the share on the network.

UPDATE

Have managed to resolve the issue. I use home plugs on the network and the living room one plugged into a switch. I have removed the switch and am connecting directly.

Share now show up. Don't know why it wasn't working beforehand. I could still connect to the XBMC machine over the network without issues.

Couldn't figure out what was causing the issue with those file transfers. I ended up deleting a load of stuff out of frustration.

I am unable to get XBMC to connect to it via SMB or NFS. I have followed the guides on the XBMC wiki without any success.

If I try and connect over SMB I see the "Diskserver" under the workgroup. When I try to select it to browse for the relevant share I get an error saying "connection timed out"

When I try and connect via NFS it times out if I try and browse to the share. (I have followed the guide on the XBMC wiki and have enabled the NFS settings correctly.) If I try and manually enter the address (in this case nfs://192.168.0.2/volume1/TV Shows/) when I hit the OK button I get the sound to signify a menu click and then XBMC becomes unresponsive. It then comes back with an error saying it couldn't find the share on the network.

UPDATE

Have managed to resolve the issue. I use home plugs on the network and the living room one plugged into a switch. I have removed the switch and am connecting directly.

Share now show up. Don't know why it wasn't working beforehand. I could still connect to the XBMC machine over the network without issues.

Hi all an thanks for this, it was easy to setup and get running :grin:

Stuck now on next part, very new to this or should i say first time.

Being a noob how to i setup to access the server from outside the building, say work, mobile etc.

I did try EZ-Wizard but it stopped half way through.

I dont have a clue on settings like DDNS or port forwarding.

Can anyone help me on setting this.

Thanks