i915.ko backported driver for intel 10th gen (DS918+ ver 7.0.1 up3)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, neevdg said:

Could you compile module for DS920+ 7.1.0-42661 update1 with pic id 0x3E96(xeon e-2126g coffee lake)?I will test it and report neither it works or not,Thanks!

in this i listed all the supported id's by syno's driver and 3e96 is already supported with the default driver, if it does not work check for the firmware files mentioned above

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, IG-88 said:

in this i listed all the supported id's by syno's driver and 3e96 is already supported with the default driver, if it does not work check for the firmware files mentioned above

Agree, 3E96 should work out of the box with the syno drivers. Your dmesg output will tell you if you are missing firmware files.
Download the file from the link I have provided in the earlier messages and it will work


————

2) By default, the firmware files are not copied by the redpill loaders. So you can download them from

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/i915 and place them in/usr/lib/firmware/i915

 

 

the important ones are kbl_dmc_ver1_04.bin, kbl_guc_ver9_39.bin,kbl_huc_ver02_00_1810.bin  (for the 10th gen).

 

——

your dmesg will tell you which files it needs 

Edited by blackmanga
Added download link
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, blackmanga said:

Agree, 3E96 should work out of the box with the syno drivers. Your dmesg output will tell you if you are missing firmware files.
Download the file from the link I have provided in the earlier messages and it will work


————

2) By default, the firmware files are not copied by the redpill loaders. So you can download them from

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/i915 and place them in/usr/lib/firmware/i915

 

 

the important ones are kbl_dmc_ver1_04.bin, kbl_guc_ver9_39.bin,kbl_huc_ver02_00_1810.bin  (for the 10th gen).

 

——

your dmesg will tell you which files it needs 

I  have tried to insert 920 modules from your post ,it seemed that the modules not been load properly,i got nonthing output from dmesg log,but it's output the log that removed the modules.i even tried to insert the module one by one manually,but all the same,no log at all.(All firmwares has been uploaded to /usr/lib/firmware/i915).

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by neevdg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Did you check if you have /dev/dri folder after the insert modules script ?

 

while running the insert script, on another ssh window run 

tail -f /var/log/messages - that will give you some output re i915 being loaded

 

since you don’t have any errors or messages in dmesg, I think you should be good and the modules would have loaded. 

Edited by blackmanga
Added some more comments
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blackmanga said:

Did you check if you have /dev/dri folder after the insert modules script ?

 

while running the insert script, on another ssh window run 

tail -f /var/log/messages - that will give you some output re i915 being loaded

 

since you don’t have any errors or messages in dmesg, I think you should be good and the modules would have loaded. 

 

1.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it’s a stupid question, but have you enabled iGPU in the bios ?

 

PMU command signature hex “44” ASCII “ D” might be the issue. Maybe some of the devs know what it means 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, blackmanga said:

I know it’s a stupid question, but have you enabled iGPU in the bios ?

 

PMU command signature hex “44” ASCII “ D” might be the issue. Maybe some of the devs know what it means 


 

It's enabled in bios.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As IG-88 noted earlier, your PCI ID is already covered by regular syno drivers and doesn’t require my backported ones. Someone has tested my backported drivers for DS920 on a 10th gen CPU and they work.

 

So it seems it’s not a driver issue, but something in the settings. 

can you do a (after you have inserted modules)

 

lsmod | grep i915  

 

and

 

lspci -tvnnq

 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, blackmanga said:

As IG-88 noted earlier, your PCI ID is already covered by regular syno drivers and doesn’t require my backported ones. Someone has tested my backported drivers for DS920 on a 10th gen CPU and they work.

 

So it seems it’s not a driver issue, but something in the settings. 

can you do a (after you have inserted modules)

 

lsmod | grep i915  

 

and

 

lspci -tvnnq

 


 

I'm sorry ,its my problem .For some reason  bios setting was loss,integrated graphics were turn off by default.I did't check it carefully.sorry again:@

Now there is dev/dri.Thanks for your help

Edited by neevdg
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, saber77 said:

Thanks for sharing!it works perfect!🤩

on 10105 + z490mitx+920+7.1.0-42661

Screenshot_2022-05-04-18-21-27-37_4b95a63cd60fd3e0f30739d89812bf6c.thumb.jpg.b38e6e79c029866d7ffd633083bd9b8f.jpg

 

awesome ! thank you for confirming.

if i m not wrong, this didnt work with the older patched drivers either.

 

it would be good to know if anyone has tested these on 9BC5 PCI ID as those had issues with patched drivers as well

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear all 

i need help to install the dev/dri folder to enable hardware transcoding, i have build the system on a Jasper lake N5105 system, and i cant seem to find the correct driver for DS918

below are the system information and error i ran into any help is appreciated, i followed the instruction to download the i915 driver but i am not sure which one are Jasper lake, both rm and in modules.sh gives error and seems the graphic card is not detected

image.thumb.png.1655dd48203bbb69bab4540de8ee1ec2.png  

image.png.796c1fa86f47925a3fc3c1a32ed792ba.pngimage.png.d2055f672bd55eebe67eb86514d37b91.png

 

image.thumb.png.0d64323c9bfc3eb0e8d2c6d27e6aa439.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

My processor (i3-10100) is dead... Need to buy another one... My guess is 11400 or 11600. Can you confirm that is 0x4C8A or 0x4C8B will be compatible (918+ or 920+) ? 

As I can see :

root@frahqapp715:~# modinfo /root/redpill-tool-chain/images/i915.ko | grep 9BC8
alias:          pci:v00008086d00009BC8sv*sd*bc03sc*i*
root@frahqapp715:~# modinfo /root/redpill-tool-chain/images/i915.ko | grep 4C8A

root@frahqapp715:~# modinfo /root/redpill-tool-chain/images/i915.ko | grep 4C8B

 

I think it will be not compatible...
 

Thx,

 

 

Edited by RedwinX
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RedwinX said:

Hi,

 

My processor (i3-10100) is dead... Need to buy another one... My guess is 11400 or 11600. Can you confirm that is 0x4C8A or 0x4C8B will be compatible (918+ or 920+) ? 

As I can see :

root@frahqapp715:~# modinfo /root/redpill-tool-chain/images/i915.ko | grep 9BC8
alias:          pci:v00008086d00009BC8sv*sd*bc03sc*i*
root@frahqapp715:~# modinfo /root/redpill-tool-chain/images/i915.ko | grep 4C8A

root@frahqapp715:~# modinfo /root/redpill-tool-chain/images/i915.ko | grep 4C8B

 

I think it will be not compatible...
 

Thx,

 

 

You are correct. 11th gen is not compatible at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RedwinX said:

"quiet splash i915.force_probe=4c8a...

wouldn't that be just added to the grub.cfg to the kernel parameters in the same way as vid/pid?

 

On 5/18/2022 at 5:04 PM, RedwinX said:

This is for every gen included 12th. If some people could test...

any description of what you did, source or patch?

12th gen Alder Lake would be Intel Xe as GPU ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IG-88 said:

wouldn't that be just added to the grub.cfg to the kernel parameters in the same way as vid/pid?

 

any description of what you did, source or patch?

12th gen Alder Lake would be Intel Xe as GPU ...

Yeah, but the older driver works for, if you add the device id (pci id) into the driver. Maybe not optimal without all functionnality, but could be working. It's a friend, it can compile the driver and apparently should works. I will receive my CPU today, I will test ASAP

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.