XPEnology Community

File-based iscsi reported as unavailable

b0fh

Hey guys...having a problem with two file-based iscsi luns. After a reboot they are reporting that they are unavailable. I have two different volumes and each volume contains a LUN. Are there some commands I can run to fsck the volumes? Do you know the proper process (power off script?) and commands to do it? I see some references to a journal issue and found some stuff on some posts, but wanted to see if anyone here had any experience. The log center on the syno box itself doesn't show any errors related to iscsi. I don't have physical access to the box right now, so I will be slow to reply. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Lots of virtual machines down at home right now... :sad: I have some backups, but don't want to resort to it.

If it matters, the drives are all samsung 850 EVO ssds connected via sata. I am using 5.2 (cannot remember the build but it is the latest build using the previous boot loader).

Ok, so a followup to my own. By deleting the /var/db/iscso/EP_JNL file, I was able to get my LUN to report okay again. In the end, apparently there was a corruption of the file-based LUN. I ended up with a corrupt VM and had to rebuild it. However, using vmfs-tools in Ubuntu, I was able to recover all of my other virtual machines without issue.