XPEnology Community

Can RedPill work with and AMD cpu?

Hi,

I'm not sure about the best platform for AMD cpus. However, I've a working TCRP DS3622xs+ 7.0.1 in an ancient HP Microserver N54L with AMD CPU. Running without troubles, and inside a Virtual Machine (host is ESXi) too in the same computer. So, I feel you can run it in any AMD CPU.

• Like 1

Thanks! I have successfully gotten RP to work on a couple of different nas boxes I had.. My next adventure will be to build a computer/nas box... All I have extra is ancient amd cpu board laying around, so I wasn't even sure amd was really supported... I guess I need to try one weekend and see what happens! Thanks for the reply.

What build command did you issue/choose? broadwellnk?

Edited by phone guy

I tried to install 7.0.1 on my old N36L and it works, but the USB cannot detect my APC UPS (but the UPS can detect on other micro server g8 with 7.0.1)

So I tried to install 6.2.4 on N36L but after install the pat file , it jump into the loop of install state.....

1 hour ago, javasdk said:

I tried to install 7.0.1 on my old N36L and it works, but the USB cannot detect my APC UPS (but the UPS can detect on other micro server g8 with 7.0.1)

So I tried to install 6.2.4 on N36L but after install the pat file , it jump into the loop of install state.....

I dont think you can just jump back dsm version like that without fresh hdd. once the hdd has dsm7.1, you cant change loader to go back to dsm623 (there may be some special hack way, like trashing only a certain folder on the first partition of the hdd, or something? I am note sure)

afaik, you can migrate forward dsm version...so you could take dsm623 hdd, install them on machine with 7.1 rp loader, and it will see them as synology hdd and ask you to migrate them to the newer dsm.

13 minutes ago, phone guy said:

What cpu and motherboard?

I uses it with proxmox, AMD 3900x + Asrock X470 TaiChi

I recommend to use xpenology always with hypervisor for best compatibility and minimum loss of performance.

Edited by mcdull
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...