XPEnology Community

Confused on redpill

rickym

I am confused on what is necessary to try latest version of Synology 7 with Red Pill. I am not super technical and trying to figure out if I can just download the loader of if it's something I have to compile which is way beyond my skill level. Just a dumb girl. Running several servers with earlier versions. Thanks in advance 🤣

17 minutes ago, rickym said:

I am confused on what is necessary to try latest version of Synology 7 with Red Pill. I am not super technical and trying to figure out if I can just download the loader of if it's something I have to compile which is way beyond my skill level. Just a dumb girl. Running several servers with earlier versions. Thanks in advance 🤣

Physical or Virtual ? Also what kind of physical ? Specs ? Is this for the N54L ?

• Thanks 1

Then you might want to try Tinycore redpill and use platform DS3622xs+ (broadwellnk) for that. In any case it would be nice to test the easiness on less linux oriented people.

Just download  the image 

https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/blob/main/tinycore-redpill.v0.4.6.img.gz

Uncompress write that to on a USB stick and start using that. Its a few commands and i'm pretty sure you'll be able to handle that.

After writing the image on a USB you can use it to boot you N54L into Tinycore Redpill and you will be presented with a Desktop GUI. You open the terminal command and type :

./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

./rploader.sh serialgen DS3622xs+

./rploader.sh identifyusb DS3622xs+
./rploader.sh satamap now 

./rploader.sh backup now

./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218

Then upon succesfull completion you can reboot and select USB Boot at GRUB and then after a couple of minutes you can open  a browser to http://find.synology.com/

Enjoy and let me know how it went

• Thanks 2

Thanks so much. Everything went fine. That's my movie server with over 1600 movies on it so for now I am just testing but not wanting to migrate all my movies as it took many years to accomplish. Just using a spare drive for testing purposes. Thanks again for all your help.

Edited by rickym
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 7:53 PM, pocopico said:

Then you might want to try Tinycore redpill and use platform DS3622xs+ (broadwellnk) for that. In any case it would be nice to test the easiness on less linux oriented people.

Just download  the image 

https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/blob/main/tinycore-redpill.v0.4.6.img.gz

Uncompress write that to on a USB stick and start using that. Its a few commands and i'm pretty sure you'll be able to handle that.

After writing the image on a USB you can use it to boot you N54L into Tinycore Redpill and you will be presented with a Desktop GUI. You open the terminal command and type :

./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

./rploader.sh serialgen DS3622xs+

./rploader.sh identifyusb DS3622xs+
./rploader.sh satamap now 

./rploader.sh backup now

./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218

Then upon succesfull completion you can reboot and select USB Boot at GRUB and then after a couple of minutes you can open  a browser to http://find.synology.com/

Enjoy and let me know how it went

Followed that post.......and I am guessing that something is wrong with my SATAPort map?

Should I try with DS3615xs since my processor is i3-3210?

DS3622xs+.PNG