XPEnology Community

How are people upgrading DSM7 minor updates when running Redpill Tinycore Loader

Hi all

I have DSM7 running via the Tinycore loader and it is working fine. I was just wondering of the process for performing upgrades when Synology release minor updates.

Do you have to do a complete rebuild using the latest .pat file or is there another way? The original thread is already huge so I thought maybe a separate topic would be easier for others to find.

Any pointers would be great.

• Thanks 1

Depends on the update. Some updates like 7.0.1 U3 and 7.1 require a newer version of loader generated by different branch versions of redpill-load some users have made. If the update you are going to is compatible with the loader you already built, you don't need to rebuild the loader simply for the update.

I don't believe Tinycore-Redpill has been updated to work with 7.0.1 U3 or 7.1 yet. I know it's coming though. In the meantime: https://github.com/dogodefi/redpill-loader-action

Edited by ilovepancakes

On 3/23/2022 at 1:31 AM, ilovepancakes said:

Depends on the update. Some updates like 7.0.1 U3 and 7.1 require a newer version of loader generated by different branch versions of redpill-load some users have made. If the update you are going to is compatible with the loader you already built, you don't need to rebuild the loader simply for the update.

I don't believe Tinycore-Redpill has been updated to work with 7.0.1 U3 or 7.1 yet. I know it's coming though. In the meantime: https://github.com/dogodefi/redpill-loader-action

Thanks.