XPEnology Community

Working DSM 6

oktisme

Hi all

I have read all reletaed comments but im not 100 sure.

Please let me know is there solution to run this on PHP/virtualbox ? I have already tried but after install i cant find DSm with synology and with find.synology.com.

What i have to do that this run as baremetal on Gen8 ?

What i have to do to run this on Vmware?

thank you very much.

BR

Michael

I am running the latest version of DSM 6.0 on VirtualBox, my VirtualBox is installed on ASUSTOR NAS AS5102T,

- Download ISO and PAT files posted in the beginning of this post

- Install VirtualBox on any platform (ie. Windows, Linux, NAS or PC)

- Create a VM using Linux 2.6 3x 64bit

- Sata controller with CD drive (Primary) Hard drive (Secondary)

- Choose hard drive type VDI with EXT4 format (VMDK won't work)

- Mount ISO image you've downloaded earlier

- Always boot your VM in INSTALL mode, RUN won't work

- Then follow rest of the instructions mentioned earlier in this port

ITS Working ty very much :grin:

I have managed to install on bare metal board Intel D2700MUD (http://ark.intel.com/products/56457/Intel-Desktop-Board-D2700MUD) and everything is working very well. Even managed fix problem with long boot. It seems that service hotplugd for soome reason is not starting, so we have time-out in script serv-bootup-timeout.sh. Also without hotplugd service started there is no USB devices visible in DSM. My quick fix/hack was to edit script /usr/syno/etc/rc.sysv/serv-bootup-timeout.sh and insert command "synoservicectl --start hotplugd" like this:

# Increase bootup timeout from 180 to 600 when pgsql is update database

time=0

synoservicectl --start hotplugd

while true; do

It's not a nice hack, but hey, it's working ! :smile:

Now I will try to play with BTRFS and other fixes, like booting from SSD and using SSD partition as tmp storage for MySQL (MariaDB), Plex and other 3rd party apps so main HDD  could enter standby, etc...

Posted via Xpenology.us

I have managed to install on bare metal board Intel D2700MUD (http://ark.intel.com/products/56457/Intel-Desktop-Board-D2700MUD) and everything is working very well. Even managed fix problem with long boot. It seems that service hotplugd for soome reason is not starting, so we have time-out in script serv-bootup-timeout.sh. Also without hotplugd service started there is no USB devices visible in DSM. My quick fix/hack was to edit script /usr/syno/etc/rc.sysv/serv-bootup-timeout.sh and insert command "synoservicectl --start hotplugd" like this:

# Increase bootup timeout from 180 to 600 when pgsql is update database

time=0

synoservicectl --start hotplugd

while true; do

It's not a nice hack, but hey, it's working ! :smile:

Now I will try to play with BTRFS and other fixes, like booting from SSD and using SSD partition as tmp storage for MySQL (MariaDB), Plex and other 3rd party apps so main HDD  could enter standby, etc...

Posted via Xpenology.us

The hack/fix works on the DSM 6 in ESXi 6. Now I can see the USB devices using PCIe passthru.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Awesome!

I have USB devices showing in my baremetal install! Woot!

One thing I have noticed though - the Serial number doesn't show in 'Info Center'.

EDIT: I got the serial number working by editing the isolinux.cfg file and changing sn=XXXXXXXX to custom_sn=XXXXXXX

All working now!

Sorry but I'm getting a bit confused with all the different responses too. Can someone confirm that everything works in ESXi 6.0 u2?! (brtfs, volumes mounting, SHR, updatable os, packages install, etc.)? If it does, can I politely ask to write a step-by-step instructions including the proper img and pat files to download?

Especially interested in Brtfs, and whether volumes in it will stay mounted. And general stability, of course.

Thank community. My new NAS DSM 6

Build details please :smile:

Hi!

XPEnoboot 5.2-5967.1 is compatible with DSM version 6 in a Microserver Gen8 ?

If the answer is No, What is ?

thanks

Read a thread and you will find out.

Awesome!

I have USB devices showing in my baremetal install! Woot!

One thing I have noticed though - the Serial number doesn't show in 'Info Center'.

EDIT: I got the serial number working by editing the isolinux.cfg file and changing sn=XXXXXXXX to custom_sn=XXXXXXX

All working now!

does quickconnect works for you?

Cool update! Everything works.

• virtual machine: in KVM with SATA disk and intel e1000 NIC
  • boot: only works in "install" mode
  • update: works fine
  • hard disk mount: only ext4 (no btrfs)

One new feature I wanted to test is the MailPlus and MailPlus Server. Both installations went well... When opening the MailPlus webmail, I receive the following error;

"Sorry, this user account has not been assigned proper privileges to perform this action."

Tested it with a normal account and the admin account, both not working. Anyone else tested this feature/package?

how would I move my current xpenology NAS to this?

Don't you think it would be better to wait a little bit? I think this build is more for playing around, not for serious use.

Well, is it?! Am dying to get a stable version of this on ESXi 6, with Btrfs. Wish someone would give me a straight ansswer on this.

Yes, Mailplus server and mailplus works like a charm. You just need to activate in mailplus server accounts which can use it. Its because only 5 accounts can use it for free. For more you need buy licence.

Strange, I've activated 1 user (my own admin-user) and later on a normal user. Both user give me the same error.

What's your setup?