XPEnology Community

Working DSM 6

oktisme

So how did you cracked it?

I found the protection code and patched it. I guess this isn't a new protection with v6 and that XPEnology did the same thing for v5, so I don't know why a v6 hasn't already been done.

will there be a iso for the new bootloader?

It's somewhat already possible to install that on a physical machine, but the only drivers included by Synology are the ones for their hardware.

To make it usable somewhere else you'd first need to compile the drivers.

hi oktisme, how to patched it ? if could, could you tell me the related protection code patched link about v5 or v6, I want to do it on one physical machine.

Also, Has anyone got Let's Encrypt working on this version?

I can't seem to get it working.

I can confirm that it works!

Though, be sure to forward Port 80 from your wan router to your dsm6 ip.

Let's Encrypt places a tooken on your server, that needs to be accessible form the internet.

I also had the same issue, fixed it by installing an updated version of the webUI.

Download it from here: https://labs.vmware.com/flings/esxi-emb ... ost-client

Filename is esxui-signed-3976049.vib.

For me it works perfectly, I can edit the vm from the webui.

I allready have the latest version, and I can edit settings just fine, only in this case I have issues with RDM.

@ omega

syslinux.cfg should be on the boot disk, but I can't be sure, I didn't make it; until now it was there (dsm 4-5)

@ koalala

Thanks for the RDM information.

You are right, it doesn't work when you want to add RDM disks. But you can use vcenter to add RDM disks. If you don't have a vcenter setup you can deploy the VCSA, once you add the disks you can delete the appliance if you don't plan to use it since it's a trial version.

Thanks; tried some time ago to deploy VCSA, didn't go so well for me :smile:

I guess I'l wait for a proper xpeno release, but is good to know that there is a solution for RDM at this time.

I guess I'l wait for a proper xpeno release, but is good to know that there is a solution for RDM at this time.

Actually there is another way which you can try. Install Vmware Workstation 12 and connect to your esxi server from there, there is an option to connect. When you are connected you can edit vm's on esxi and add rdm disks.

Let's Encrypt places a tooken on your server, that needs to be accessible form the internet.

how to ? i can't make it work ...

Ok,

I didn't get it to run on the run option, only the install option. So I modified the linux boot cfg to boot the install option as default. It does take ages to boot so leave it for 30mins have a cup of coffee and come back to it. Then use the synology finder to setup with the pat file.

I've tried getting quickconnect to function but not luck. Anyone else got it to work on DSM6 and Xpenology?

t

Hi again!

I try to change it and then get some checksum error in boot screen etc.

Do you have the modifed iso?

Thnx!

how to ? i can't make it work ...

Help me to help you :wink: What did you do so far?

Btw. I compiled a letsencrypt.spk for DSM 5.2 and uploaded it to mega, from sources i found in a synocommunity branch. I am NOT the developer of it. lexyan is (if you want to thank someone, thank him!) Though, you need to enable webstation and make it accessible from the internet in order to make it work. See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15045(though, beware of german language :wink:) and download here: https://mega.nz/#F!Tl5wyZAa!NxRtmRacQnarX1skLmwYag

Somebody knows how to get it working in virtualbox? It boots and I get this, but i can't find the device with find.syno...

B1gWx9x.png

I don't believe this works in VirtualBox because the VirtualBox network drivers aren't in the package. So it won't pick up any network.

can anyone give me a helping hand.

I was able to get this to boot using ESXI 6.0 Update 2. However, After installing the DSM (which i was able to accomplish by both the PAT file and just by telling the setup to download latest) i can not seem to get the DSM to boot. The only way it will boot back to the installation is if i connect the ISO again and go to install. Once i do that it will start up my DSM. However i would like to get it to the point where i am not relying on an ISO file to boot to and i would also like for this to work with the run option so i do not have to manually restart this every time.

Please let me know any and all suggestions you may have.

Thanks to everyone for getting us this far with DSM 6.0!

Actually there is another way which you can try. Install Vmware Workstation 12 and connect to your esxi server from there, there is an option to connect. When you are connected you can edit vm's on esxi and add rdm disks.

nope

rdm.jpg

can't find the suggested option

nope

rdm.jpg

http://blogs.vmware.com/workstation/201 ... vms-2.html

nope

rdm.jpg

http://blogs.vmware.com/workstation/201 ... vms-2.html

Somebody knows how to get it working in virtualbox? It boots and I get this, but i can't find the device with find.syno...

B1gWx9x.png

I don't believe this works in VirtualBox because the VirtualBox network drivers aren't in the package. So it won't pick up any network.

Did you try to change the adapter type?

According the intel Homepage (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ ... 05480.html):

The Linux* e1000e driver supports PCI Express* Gigabit Network Connections except the 82575, 82576, 82580, and I350.

Even though, VB has virtual Intel nics, none of their pysical versions has been produced as a pci express cards.. i doubt that it will work.

@donmimo

How is that link supposed to help ?

I tried, it didn't work as is visible in the picture:

Please select "use a fisical disk" option.

Where is that option? Can't find it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That link was to show you that it's possible to control edit setting of your vm's on esxi from vmware workstation.

Don't know man either you are doing something different or your vmware workstation version is not supported. I can definitely connect to esxi and add existing RDM disks.

From your workstation:

File/Connect to server

Fill in the esxi username password and open the settings of your VM on esxi.

From there it's self explanatory to add an existing disk and select your RDM disk as SATA and start your VM.

That's all, nothing more nothing less.

I was able to get this to boot using ESXI 6.0 Update 2. However, After installing the DSM (which i was able to accomplish by both the PAT file and just by telling the setup to download latest) i can not seem to get the DSM to boot. The only way it will boot back to the installation is if i connect the ISO again and go to install. Once i do that it will start up my DSM. However i would like to get it to the point where i am not relying on an ISO file to boot to and i would also like for this to work with the run option so i do not have to manually restart this every time.

To go along with this. i also can not create a btrfs volume it will instantly crash and not work.

I can only get it to work with EXT4

To go along with this. i also can not create a btrfs volume it will instantly crash and not work.

I can only get it to work with EXT4

Go to page 7 and download either the ova or the ovf file and import it into your esxi.

Do not convert the virtual machine version to 11 - it MUST remain on version 10.

If you want to change the size of the data harddisk, do it before you perform the setup.

Once you start the vm, you can use the url http://find.synology.com to find the DSM6 vm and perform the setup.

Though, it wouldn't have hurt to read thru the tread.. if you did, you woud've read that there is a solution for your problem (or at leats an explaination)!

Haydibe,

Thank you very much for explaining that. I did read through and i attempted to deploy a few OVFs but this was after several hours of trial and error so i got some of the instructions confused.

Your explanation worked perfectly. I can now utilize the Run function and i am running on ESXI 6.0 U2. ALso allows me to use BTRFS and i was able to expand my disk to 8TB before the setup.

So far so good. I am doing a restore now to see if i can get my config back.

Thanks a million!

Regards,

Xylems