XPEnology Community

DVA3221 loader development thread

3 часа назад, yeric79 сказал:

i have old nvidia gtx 1050 

is it functionnal with this ?

As far as i know gtx1050 may work only with dva3219 but you may try with dva3221 some people reported pascal gpus to work with it. For some reason gtx1650 with gddr5 was released first and is included in driver 440.44, then after 5 months or so it was released with gddr6, unlike Gtx 1650 Super and gtx1660 which work fine since they are on 440.44 driver's list as well with gtx1650 gddr5

Edited by dimakv2014

15 часов назад, Cali0028 сказал:

Has anyone documented how to get the nvidia card to work with Jellyfin, either using docker or community package? 

Impossible at the moment since the nvidia driver in dva3221 and dva3219 is 440.44 which is way older than a minimum requirement for Jellyfin or Plex

Screenshot_2022-10-28-21-46-56-982_com.android.chrome.jpg

I made Jellyfin work using modded ffmpeg posted somewhere on xpenology forum.

I probably already explained here how to make it work.

It is a bit tricky/hack but it worked.

Proof post #8

Maybe new Jellyfin release can't work anymore, I did not test.

Edited by Orphée

3 hours ago, Orphée said:

I made Jellyfin work using modded ffmpeg posted somewhere on xpenology forum.

I probably already explained here how to make it work.

It is a bit tricky/hack but it worked.

Proof post #8

Maybe new Jellyfin release can't work anymore, I did not test.

@Orphée I did see that post you had done but there was no inst. on how to do it and that's why I asked. If you have time and willing, could you post it. I am pretty sure alot of people would appreciate it. 

I don' have the time to make a tutorial.

I took original poster advices to make it work. with what I already wrote about jellyfin portable & stuff

I installed ffmpeg SynoCommunity package.

Took his modified package and extracted it.

I overwritten default /var/packages/ffmpeg/target/ with his modified package.

Installed jellyfin portable, installed ASP dotnet runtime

Edited by Orphée

On 10/29/2022 at 2:45 PM, Orphée said:

I don' have the time to make a tutorial.

I took original poster advices to make it work. with what I already wrote about jellyfin portable & stuff

No worries, I guess I am stuck with "Took his modified package and extracted it.". Can't seem to find that modified package. The files were reposted but links are broken again. Do you still. happen to have those files still? If so, can you upload them somewhere please.

So I was able to get Jellyfin and my Nvidia P1000 to transcode. Here is what I had to do. 

1. I installed DVA3221 in Proxmox

2. Make Video card as primary for the VM

3. Go through the whole process of installation and setup.

4. Open package center, click on settings on top right. 

5. Click on Package sources, then click on Add

6. In the name box, name it what ever you want. In the location box enter "https://spk7.imnks.com/", with out the quotes, then hit OK and OK again. 

7. In the package center click on Community, and then in the search box type in ffmpeg, install and then find Jellyfin and then install. 

This has worked for me so far without doing anything special other than the source. Now being that my limitation is to 2 streams, next is how to unlock the card to do more than 2 streams on the P1000 card. 

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 7.29.03 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 7.28.37 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 7.28.10 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 7.27.55 PM.png

• Like 2

On 2022/10/28 at AM7点43分, dimakv2014 said:

出于好奇,您拥有 gddr5 或 gddr6 哪个版本的 GTX1650?在您的情况下,它可能与 esxi 有关,您使用哪个版本的 esxi?你在bios中还有其他gpu,比如igpu吗?为了通过gpu,你需要一个额外的用于esxi本身的显示输出,所以要将它传递给vm你需要2个gpus

gddr5, this is a feature of esxi for consumer-grade graphics cards and cannot be solved. I have decided to switch to pve

В 01.11.2022 в 05:09, Cali0028 сказал:

So I was able to get Jellyfin and my Nvidia P1000 to transcode. Here is what I had to do. 

6. In the name box, name it what ever you want. In the location box enter "https://spk7.imnks.com/", with out the quotes, then hit OK and OK again. 

7. In the package center click on Community, and then in the search box type in ffmpeg, install and then find Jellyfin and then install. 

This has worked for me so far without doing anything special other than the source. Now being that my limitation is to 2 streams, next is how to unlock the card to do more than 2 streams on the P1000 card. 

Nice tutorial, but is Face Rec and DVA working with P1000? What is gpu, vram load, temps under 6 face rec tasks? Thank you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Le 28/10/2022 à 20:37, dimakv2014 a dit :

As far as i know gtx1050 may work only with dva3219 but you may try with dva3221 some people reported pascal gpus to work with it. For some reason gtx1650 with gddr5 was released first and is included in driver 440.44, then after 5 months or so it was released with gddr6, unlike Gtx 1650 Super and gtx1660 which work fine since they are on 440.44 driver's list as well with gtx1650 gddr5

hello

i would try to install dva3219 but i can not find method.

on pocopico rploader script this model is Not supported, only DVA 3221.

an idea?

On 11/1/2022 at 10:09 AM, Cali0028 said:

I think I would buy the same GPU.

Would you mind to share the AI tasks that could be solved on this card ?

Thank you very much ! 

Hello all, I have successfully installed DVA3221 on a asrock c2750di4 motherboard with avoton 8 core embedded processor(barebone). I have 32 gigs of memory, and 4 hard drives. Including 2 4tb hard drives, a single 8tb Seagate Skyhawk AI, and a 1tb ssd. I also have installed a Zotac GTX 1650 GPU. My problem is that when I set up a task like counting cars, it does not trigger in the DVA software when a car etc. passes thru. I have tried several task and none working. But my GPU does show up in the info page, and drivers are loaded during boot. @pocopicoor anyone else, a push in the right direction would be appreciated. I am using the automatic redpill loader-beta2

Nvidia.png

Edited by g4sho

1 hour ago, Orphée said:

You should have a look in /var/log/ folder to read some logs like messages or synoscgi.log to see if any error occurs (license check or anything else)

Hi @Orphée I did actually, and there were several errors some pertaining to decoders, and so I cleared them out and will reboot and look at them again. Nothing jumped out at me tho.

Edited by g4sho

At present, everything is normal for DVA3221, the only problem is that the device cannot be connected to the rear interface of GTX1650. If I connect the TV to the hdmi port of the GTX1650, I cannot boot into the system after restarting pve. The Grbu configuration file is as follows:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet intel_iommu=on iommu=pt pcie_acs_override=downstream,multifunction initcall_blacklist=sysfb_init"

1 hour ago, Orphée said:

This is expected.

The Nvidia card is totally dedicated to the syno and no screen can be plugged in it.

There is no port available on original dva3221.

If it works without a screen, don't plug it.

Baremetal or proxmox ?

Yes, everything works fine with the DVA3221, but my problem is that after plugging into the TV on the gtx1650, I can't boot into PVE. It’s not yet the time to start the DVA3221. If I add the gtx1650 to windows, isn’t it a normal operation for the external display? I will continue to try and report if it succeeds

You will never have any display from DVA3221, this is not meant for it.

If you think the Synology is a direct surveillance display you are wrong.

Look at original DVA3221, there is no any port available on it to plug a monitor.

On my proxmox, once the GPU is passed through the Synology VM, the screen goes black.

You can forget any kind of "TV" or anything like this with DVA3221.

You will need something like an Android tv with DS CAM installed on it to access Surveillance station from LAN.

4 hours ago, Orphée said:

You should have a look in /var/log/ folder to read some logs like messages or synoscgi.log to see if any error occurs (license check or anything else)

After looking at logs again, I decided to uninstall surveillance station, and advanced codecs. I then only reinstalled surveillance station, added one camera and one task, and it now works.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Orphée said:

You will never have any display from DVA3221, this is not meant for it.

If you think the Synology is a direct surveillance display you are wrong.

Look at original DVA3221, there is no any port available on it to plug a monitor.

On my proxmox, once the GPU is passed through the Synology VM, the screen goes black.

You can forget any kind of "TV" or anything like this with DVA3221.

You will need something like an Android tv with DS CAM installed on it to access Surveillance station from LAN.

I don't know if this is normal. but on my barebone dva3221 setup, I do get video out of my hdmi jack on my gtx1650. Its just the boot screen for automated redpill

7 hours ago, g4sho said:

I don't know if this is normal. but on my barebone dva3221 setup, I do get video out of my hdmi jack on my gtx1650. Its just the boot screen for automated redpill

Yes on baremetal you have the redpill boot screen, but nothing more, you don't have DSM GUI available on screen, like any other loader.

On Proxmox, if you did the GPU passthrough configuration correctly, you can't have any screen output as the GPU is dedicated for DSM's VM.

Once Proxmox boot and detect correct GRUB configuration, the screen/monitor switch off.

And redpill boot screen is totally useless on Proxmox VM as you have access to serial port console.

In any cases, you won't have any usefull output from DSM on "a TV screen" once it started. DSM access on DVA3221 is exclusivly made with network access.

I hope it is clear enough now...

Edited by Orphée
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am really new to this and just getting started.

I have a i5 8th gen 16gb machine no dedicated gpu with proxmox loaded. I guess I want to run a VM on that, unsure why or why not.

I downloaded the DSM_DVA3221_42661.pat file.

Unsure how to edit the redpill file.

Will the edit happen similary what is outlined in step #3 of this guide

I've primarily read this guide prior to going into this forum.

Edited by h0va4