XPEnology Community

DVA3221 loader development thread

12 hours ago, error403 said:

Trying to build a DVA3221 loader in ESXi 7.0U2, I always get stuck at

Creating unecrypted pat file dua3221_42661.pat to /home/tc/redpill-load/cache folder
Killed

Other loaders work fine. Can someone help me please?

What CPU are you using?

1 hour ago, alexsahka said:

What CPU are you using?

Sorry for the confusion. I was able to fix this issue using the "realmac" attribute during serialgen. Now I'm stuck at

One of the patches - zImage-001-dav3221-42661-ramdisk-and-header.bsp - failed to apply

3 hours ago, error403 said:

Sorry for the confusion. I was able to fix this issue using the "realmac" attribute during serialgen. Now I'm stuck at

One of the patches - zImage-001-dav3221-42661-ramdisk-and-header.bsp - failed to apply

What is your VM memory size ? Since Tinycore root space is utilizing about 80% of the total available memory, I recommend memory to be at least 4GB for the loader creation. Then you can decrease it again if you like.

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pocopico said:

What is your VM memory size ? Since Tinycore root space is utilizing about 80% of the total available memory, I recommend memory to be at least 4GB for the loader creation. Then you can decrease it again if you like.

THANK YOU!
I must have overlooked memory size. It was 1GB. 8GB fixed the problem immediately.

Boot went fine. Installing now. Edit: Install went fine. 

Edited by error403
new error, added serial out
  • Like 1

DVA1622 is better. Its has all AI features including Face Recognition, License Plate Recognition without Nvidia GPU. You don't need Nvidia GPU because it does all features with Intel iGPU, and runs on Intel Celeron J4105 which is cheap and very popular in MiniPCs. Architecture or Build whatever its called right in Synology is called "Openvino" as an example: SurveillanceStation-x86_64-9.0.0-7660_openvino.spk. So basically Synology fooled people again, AI is just software based feature and gpu doesnt matter ) gpu only matters for quantity of tasks done at the same time, for DVA3221 its 12 for DVA1622 its only 2. And theya are limited to different version of SS since they dont want you use nvidia and intel gpus (or only intel igpu) in the same model

1 hour ago, dimakv2014 said:

DVA1622 is better. Its has all AI features including Face Recognition, License Plate Recognition without Nvidia GPU. You don't need Nvidia GPU because it does all features with Intel iGPU, and runs on Intel Celeron J4105 which is cheap and very popular in MiniPCs. Architecture or Build whatever its called right in Synology is called "Openvino" as an example: SurveillanceStation-x86_64-9.0.0-7660_openvino.spk. So basically Synology fooled people again, AI is just software based feature and gpu doesnt matter ) gpu only matters for quantity of tasks done at the same time, for DVA3221 its 12 for DVA1622 its only 2. And theya are limited to different version of SS since they dont want you use nvidia and intel gpus (or only intel igpu) in the same model

How to use tinycore loader for DVA1622? Please give me instructions.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Proxmox VM "SYNO_DVA3221", this one refuses to boot correctly.

Summary of my PVE :

image.thumb.png.dd612061206f81cf1edb3c74cc6e5a89.png

Details of my VM:

image.png.d8aceca4aed38e71e5f6c1e1e0bdbc99.png

image.png.bf95fc89c290833f9c23e8ba71354434.png

I tried installing a DS3622xs+, or a DS912+ without any problem, but I would need the 8 SS licenses, and the idea of virtualizing it so as not to have a dedicated machine, I rather like it.

I asked myself a question, is my CPU (that of my Prox) compatible DVA3221...

The worst is that I was able to install in VM and without any problem a DS3622xs+ and a DS920+, with an archi much more recent than that of my Prox, why this damn DVA3221 refuses to install...

If you have any tips, I'm all ears!

Thanks a lot for your help !

2 hours ago, scfrancis said:

I asked myself a question, is my CPU (that of my Prox) compatible DVA3221...

The worst is that I was able to install in VM and without any problem a DS3622xs+ and a DS920+, with an archi much more recent than that of my Prox, why this damn DVA3221 refuses to install...

If you have any tips, I'm all ears!

The host machine must be Haswell or later to run DVA3221.  Your E5-2420 is too old.

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/61634-dsm-7x-loaders-and-platforms/

I'm on DSM 7.01 and ESXi 7 now. DVA3221 loader working fine. Passing through a P2000, but DSM doesn't see it. NVidia Runtime installed.

nvidia-smi
No devices were found

hypervisor.cpuid.v0=false added. Still no success. Any ideas what I am missing?

On 6/23/2022 at 8:37 AM, error403 said:

Thank you, unfortunately it didn't help. Shouldn't even be necessary for Quadro cards...

Running baremetal, my P2000 gets detected immediately. But AI functions don't work, also I'm getting flooded with segfaults..

Plex HW transcoding works fine though.

image.thumb.png.0cb984ce0eea07bac0146f7ccc59fa12.png

image.thumb.png.0686fb2177e5e9d856f7e76be59cd98a.png

grafik.thumb.png.4ee4e5413a67bb6081c5612157e60ea7.png

Edited by error403
Added Plex

Installing on baremetal (without GPU).

./rploader.sh update now
./rploader.sh serialgen DVA3221 now
./rploader.sh satamap now
./rploader.sh identifyusb now
./rploader.sh build denverton-7.0.1-42218

Boots up and I'm able to select the pat file with completes without errors.

Once it boots I get the recover screen:

image.thumb.png.e16d8428ee94f47369b51388a5579654.png

I just get into a loop after trying to recover and it loads the same page after rebooting/

EDIT

Ignore this I was using the wrong pat file....

Edited by supajason
idiot

On 6/20/2022 at 9:28 PM, bluecatus said:

i'd like to know this too! Does DVA1622 come with more than 2 licenses by default? I imagine with the celeron gpu it would allow plex hardware transcoding.

Got my first answer; 4. The DVA1622 comes with 8 camera licenses. Support for more cameras requires additional licenses.

just tried building a tcrp 0.8.0.0 usb key, booted in, fullupdate but dva1622 is not reconized\supported. Maybe one day if its not too hard to implement, this model could be added?

Edited by merve04

1. Dva1622 has 8 lincenses

2. It doesnt require nvidia gpu, it works off built in intel igpu

3. Cpu is Intel Celeron J4105 

4. Unlike dva3221 it has only 2 smart AI processes at same time (1 face recognition 1 license plate) instead of 12 (because gpu is slower than nvidia)

But advantages are:

You can use any nettop minipc cheap one for 150$ or less (Gigabyte Brix, Asus, Chuwi, Beelink etc) for baremetal full face recognition or just for 8 licenses 

Edited by dimakv2014
Misstype

В 21.06.2022 в 06:28, bluecatus сказал:

I believe its still under development, since it uses new Architecture Openvino instead of Denverton, plus dva1622 only released for 650euro, so it will take some time for developers of redpill