XPEnology Community

DVA3221 loader development thread

That's a KP very early in the boot. Have you run DS918+ or DS920+ on this host?  If not, what CPU is in the host?

EDIT: found it a few posts back.  Your E3-1270v2 is too old to run DV3221, DS918+ or DS920+

Edited by flyride
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, flyride said:

That's a KP very early in the boot. Have you run DS918+ or DS920+ on this host?  If not, what CPU is in the host?

EDIT: found it a few posts back.  Your E3-1270v2 is too old to run DV3221, DS918+ or DS920+

wow! I would have sworn I build a DS918 on this board before, obviously I was wrong! Must have been the i7 4790 box I have? oh well...So it must be 4th gen or newer right? (to be compatible with 918/920/3221)

Man, I just bought all that server hardware to build that proxmox server :( <- disappointed.

Hi Guys, I am fairly new to the game here. But reading the posts I have been able to build a DVA3221 in ESXi with a 1650 working.

However, I am having a problem where Surveillance Station 9.0.0-7660, more specifically DVA tasks stop working after some hours of use.

Face recognition tasks appear unaffected and keep going but DVA (People, Vehicle and intrusion detection) stop recognising objects.  

To be honest I am not sure how to troubleshoot this and I have checked the /var/logs/messages, /var/log/surveillance/surveillance.log and nvdia-smi.

I have also reduced the tasks using Synology's maximum tasks table.

Also i dont think I noticed this issue with the latest 8th version of Surveillance Station, and I think after installing Surveillance station 9.0.0-7660 I also lost connectivity to the package center. And not sure if it is worth mentioning that I am also using Surveillance Station Client 2.0.0-2276

If anyone has some advice, it would be appreciated.

7 hours ago, bachphiphivltk said:

I turn internet of from my modem, unplug lan cable, still 2 cam. Any solution ?

In addition to no internet, must use mac and serial from generator:

./rploader.sh serialgen DVA3221

y (for yes) 

then

Change the mac address of network adapter with generated MAC address from step above.

Edited by alexsahka
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bachphiphivltk said:

Hi all. 

Can someone explain to me how to get 8 camera licenes for dva 3221.

Im try use sn and mac from another dsm but only work 2 cam.

So how to find mac/sn dva3221 or some thing to get 8 camera licenes. 

Thank you very much.

39 minutes ago, alexsahka said:

In addition to no internet, must use mac and serial from generator:

./rploader.sh serialgen DVA3221

y (for yes) 

then

Change the mac address of network adapter with generated MAC address from step above.

I only tested building the dva3221, so I can not verify that all 8 licenses in fact work, but @alexsahka is correct, using the serial gen as he described will add both serial and mac to your user config before building. I did not have to remove internet access in my test build, but SS did report as having all 8 licenses available to me.

On 3/30/2022 at 8:02 AM, kylaris said:

I think I fixed the unstable network error for face recognition by replacing the /synoface/etc from DVA3219 

i have the same problem like u, i tried instead /synoface/etc but not lucky, can u tell me what version  dva3219 did u use, tks.

Edited by supperchym

On 5/26/2022 at 9:08 AM, phone guy said:

I only tested building the dva3221, so I can not verify that all 8 licenses in fact work, but @alexsahka is correct, using the serial gen as he described will add both serial and mac to your user config before building. I did not have to remove internet access in my test build, but SS did report as having all 8 licenses available to me.

i can confirm that 8 cameras are working fine on my DVA3221 (running on uraid)

Edited by erazor1112

On 5/19/2022 at 11:00 PM, franky52 said:

Well, that shouldn´t be the problem. This MSI is a Touring TF117 card (NVIDIA Corporation TU117 [GeForce GTX 1650] (rev a1))

I will build again the VM but this time with tinycore-redpill.v0.4.6.img.gz image file (i´m using the  efi one)

Have you used the DVA3221? How is your GPU performing? Mine GTX 1650 is very hot and usage with only one camera and 2 rules goes up to 50%.

What is your experience? 

I cannot tell you. Right now I´m testing the system with only 2 cameras to see if it fits my needs. I´m deploying 7 cameras in a couple of months and I haven´t created any rule yet. 

Let me know your rules and I´ll check the performance. Bear in mind that my system is virtualized under Unraid with 2 cores (4 threads) 8Gb of memory and the GTX1650 and IGPU passthroughed.  

16 hours ago, franky52 said:

I cannot tell you. Right now I´m testing the system with only 2 cameras to see if it fits my needs. I´m deploying 7 cameras in a couple of months and I haven´t created any rule yet. 

Let me know your rules and I´ll check the performance. Bear in mind that my system is virtualized under Unraid with 2 cores (4 threads) 8Gb of memory and the GTX1650 and IGPU passthroughed.  

Without any Deep Video Analytics, GPU usage is 0%. As soon as I add ONE Deep Video Analytics rule (doesn't matter what kind of Deep Video Analytics rule ) GPU usage jumps to 20%. With 6 rules  GPU usage is around 100% and GPU temperature around 70C. This is hot !!! And I'm afraid to run this way for a long time.

I don't know if this is "normal" for the official DVA3221, I can't find any information on the web.

On 6/2/2022 at 12:16 AM, alexsahka said:

Without any Deep Video Analytics, GPU usage is 0%. As soon as I add ONE Deep Video Analytics rule (doesn't matter what kind of Deep Video Analytics rule ) GPU usage jumps to 20%. With 6 rules  GPU usage is around 100% and GPU temperature around 70C. This is hot !!! And I'm afraid to run this way for a long time.

I don't know if this is "normal" for the official DVA3221, I can't find any information on the web.

I will test it this weekend. Anyway 70C is not that hot, according to Tomshardware . It´s on the edge. I also think we´re asking too much to this card 😀. It´s almost an entry level GPU and DVA is a very demanding task.

On 6/1/2022 at 11:16 PM, alexsahka said:

I have 3 Analytics running and see 80% GPU consumption, not sure how I get the temps from DVA.

On another note:
I have noticed that Synology have changed the advanced media pack for H265 to logged in synology accounts only from 7.1 so any upgrade may need a workaround for that. I only have H264 cameras so would be unaffected for now anyway.

2 hours ago, spv4u1975 said:

I have 3 Analytics running and see 80% GPU consumption, not sure how I get the temps from DVA.

Control Panel - Info Center - Hoof over the mouse cursor on one of the green dots and you will see the temperature. The temperature is not dynamically updateable unless the page is refreshed.

image.thumb.png.ceb8e4f3815231b97e105167d90822ed.png

On 3/23/2022 at 9:12 PM, PaulEvo said:

Hello all,

Here we go with the steps voor having DVA (AI) in a DVA3221 with a lower performance video card like a GTX1050

1) I assume you have a well functioning SS in DVA3221 7.0.1
2? Download SurveillanceStation-x86_64-8.2.9-6459_DVA_3219.spk   (the 2019 version of DVA, this file is unencrypted)
3) Extract package.tgz from it
4) Extract all the files from the package file which you got in step 3
5) Find the folder and files in it \package\dvacore\etc\model
6) Stop the SS service on your DVA3221
7) Connect with your DVA3221 with WinSCP and go to /volume1/@appstore/SurveillanceStation/dvacore/etc/model

8.) Rename the directory /model to something else
9) Copy the folder and subs which you found in step 5 to it
10) Change ownership and group (recursive) to the 'model' folder and it's contents to 'SurveillanceStation'
11) Start the SS service
12) Create a task in SS in Deep Video Analytics
13) Do some experiments with it and enjoy your tests with AI and the amazing work in all the 'loader' activities

Regards, Paul

ps you will see a difference in the amount of models in the model directory if you have SS9 beta. More tests are necessary so the model can be identified which is responsible for the incompatibilities before this patch. So for instance the 'PlateDetection' can be used as well with a GTX1050. Will test that in short.

Thanks for your solution! But in the newer SS9 it doesn't work, I tried editing /etc/synoinfo.conf to change the hardware model to DVA3219,  after I rebooted I got a DVA3221 to DVA3221 migration page.
Since the DSM7 SPK cannot be decompressed with 7-zip, I had to find other ways to get my GTX1050 to work on a DVA 3221 bootloader.
Here are some things I tried and luckily got my GTX1050 to work with the DVA 3221 bootloader, no need to decompress the SurveillanceStation-x86_64-XXX_DVA_3219.spk file with 7-zip.
1. Download TCRP 8.0 img version, then write to USB hard drive, power on and boot from USB.
2. SSH to the TC terminal
3. Execute ./rploader.sh update now
4. Execute ./rploader.sh serialgen DVA3221 now
5. Execute ./rploader.sh satamap now
6. Execute ./rploader.sh identifyusb now
8. Execute ./rploader.sh build denverton-7.0.1-42218
9. Install DVA3221 denverton-7.0.1-42218.pat file normally and enter DSM7
10. Reboot, enter TCRP again, SSH to the TC terminal
11. Execute ./rploader.sh update now
12. Execute ./rploader.sh serialgen DVA3221 now
13. Execute ./rploader.sh satamap now
14. Execute ./rploader.sh identifyusb now
15. Execute vi user_config.json, find the following:
"synoinfo": {

"internalportcfg" : "0xffff",
           "maxdisks" : "16",
           "support_bde_internal_10g" : "no",
           "support_disk_compatibility" : "no",
           "support_memory_compatibility" : "no"
},"
Added: "unique" : "synology_denverton_dva3219"
After that, note the use of commas to separate. Get the following result.
  "synoinfo": {

"internalportcfg" : "0xffff",
           "maxdisks" : "16",
           "support_bde_internal_10g" : "no",
           "support_disk_compatibility" : "no",
           "support_memory_compatibility" : "no",
           "unique" : "synology_denverton_dva3219"
},
16. Execute ./rploader.sh build denverton-7.0.1-42218
17. Execute sudo reboot
If you boot normally, you should get a SS9 and NVIDIA RUNTIME library error after entering the DSM7 system, which needs to be reinstalled. After reinstallation, GTX1050 can use deep video analysis, face recognition.

I hope the above will help you. Thanks.😜
Other instructions: If your graphics card is GTX1660, GTX1650, the above steps are not required.
If you want to manually install the SS8.spk file later, you should use SurveillanceStation-x86_64-XXX_DVA_3219.spk instead of SurveillanceStation-x86_64-XXX_DVA_3221.spk
My hardware:

HP DL320e GEN8 V2
CPU: Intel Pentium G3220T
Memory: HP DDR3 ECC 8GB

GPU: GTX 1050 2GB
Translated by google, Chinese to English.

cap.JPG

Edited by 1234dsafsaf
  • Like 3

On 6/7/2022 at 5:54 PM, alexsahka said:

Control Panel - Info Center - Hoof over the mouse cursor on one of the green dots and you will see the temperature. The temperature is not dynamically updateable unless the page is refreshed.

Thanks for that mine is running at 73 degrees

On 6/2/2022 at 12:16 AM, alexsahka said:

Well, I finally got some spare time to test my GTX1650. Today is a hot day. Outside is around 32ºC and inside my house around 28ºC.

This is what I get with two 5MP cameras and 8 DVA tasks (4 task each camera). 65ºC BUT only 46% of the GPU Fan, so it means it´s not that hot 😅.

image.thumb.png.3c930b3268eee5de96e6562a4cfb47a3.png

15 minutes ago, alexsahka said:

What are the video stream resolutions, frame rate, codec for deep video analytics?

Sorry, it´s in Spanish, but I think it´s understandable... I created 4 different tasks for each camera with default settings. I didn´t modify anything else.  

Camera 1: 5MP. H.264

image.thumb.png.c5d03acb2315e96b38f3449013ac3161.png

Camera 2: 4K down to 5MP H.264. 4K is usable only with H.265 

image.thumb.png.29c958e4f24885002020edde45d85492.png

12 minutes ago, franky52 said:

Sorry, it´s in Spanish, but I think it´s understandable... I created 4 different tasks for each camera with default settings. I didn´t modify anything else.  

And your 1650 GPU card with two cooling fans? Could you post exactly the model 1650 video card? My 1650 with a single cooling fan.