XPEnology Community

DVA3221 loader development thread

I agree,

The first thing to do is to make serial output available and working.

Then you will be able to debug.

On my baremetal (I was the first to test it), I had to buy a serial PCI-e card and a serial-USB cable...

I found a kernel panic issue and identified what was needed to change in LKM to make it work.

Without the serial output, we maybe still waiting to find why it did not work.

7 hours ago, dimakv2014 said:

update: converted redpill .vmdk to .vhdx with StarWind V2V Converter, added as bootable scsi in hyper-V, loaded in tinycore, ran all commands, rebooted, selected sata boot, but doesnt show anything in find.synology.com

I'll be positively surprised. if someone gets to compile the hyper-v modules on the syno kernel.

• Like 1

10 часов назад, pocopico сказал:

I'll be positively surprised. if someone gets to compile the hyper-v modules on the syno kernel.

Sounds like its nearly impossible, but oh well nothings is impossible, few years ago nobody even dreamed of dsm 7.1 or dva ) I already checked your github, someone tried the same as I tried and same result. So for now I decided to buy miniPC with j4125, this will help free up my other minipc with n2807 which is quiet old but will be really interesting to put dva1622 on it

Edited by dimakv2014
Add

11 час назад, error403 сказал:

I'm not very familiar with Hyper-V, but usually the first step is to add a serial device to the VM and have a look at the output. You then can see at which stage the boot stops.
Maybe also a simple NIC problem.

I thought of that too, but as pocopico said its more than that, and I already did passthrough nic, created switch, tried external and internal switches, still no luck

• 2 weeks later...

Im trying start DVA3221 on Asrock J3455-ITX with

tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh serialgen DVA3221 realmac
Serial Number for Model : 2150SJRBN35DV
Mac Address for Model DVA3221 : 00:11:32:E7:ED:C4
Real Mac Address : 70:85:C2:7D:4D:0F
Notice : realmac option is requested, real mac will be used
Should i update the user_config.json with these values ? [Yy/Nn]
Y
tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh satamap now

Found "00:12.0 Intel Corporation Celeron N3350/Pentium N4200/Atom E3900 Series SATA AHCI Controller (rev 0b)"
Detected 2 ports/2 drives. Override # of ports or ENTER to accept <2>

Found "02:00.0 JMicron Technology Corp. Device 0585"
Detected 5 ports/2 drives. Bad ports: 3 4 5. Override # of ports or ENTER to accept <5> 2

Found "03:00.0 ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller (rev 02)"
Detected 2 ports/2 drives. Override # of ports or ENTER to accept <2>

Computed settings:
SataPortMap=222
DiskIdxMap=000204

If u see, micron make some problem, i had on 918+ 6.2.3 all 6 HDD works fine, and now i cant install system :(
What is the problem and what i can do to install latest DVA3221 system ?

Edited by Bullseye

Very strange, AI works and gpu is detected with GTX 1080, Quadro P2000, GTX1650 and GTX 1660 (not ti or super), but dva3221 doesnt detect Quadro T400 at all, GPU is empty, ssh doesnt help shows no Nvidia gpu at all, turing chip same as 1650. It looks like it doesnt want to detect any gpu with gddr6 memory at all.

Edited by dimakv2014

Nothing so strange here.
The DVA3221 is meant to use GTX1650 GDDR5.
The fact it works with some other cards is just a bonus.
If you want to make more model works, I guess you will have to tune Nvidia Runtime Library package.
And even if you do, not sure Surveillance Station will handle it.

4 часа назад, Orphée сказал:

Nothing so strange here.
The DVA3221 is meant to use GTX1650 GDDR5.
The fact it works with some other cards is just a bonus.
If you want to make more model works, I guess you will have to tune Nvidia Runtime Library package.
And even if you do, not sure Surveillance Station will handle it.

nvidia Library doesnt have to do anything with that. My GTX1660 was detected even without it installed while T400 doesnt get detected at all just says "NO GPU" nvidia-smi same story. 

1 час назад, error403 сказал:

Doesn't even work with all P2000 cards. Mine is being detected, but doesn't work in SS.

Well its obviously or driver needs to be compiled or has to do with synoconfig, since its some kind of software lock, Quadro T400 is much newer card than P2000, but still strange few people with p2000 comfirmed to be working, did you try to install modified nvidia library from dva3219 as someone suggested?

2 часа назад, lord_kimbou сказал:

Mmm... 1660 is better than 1650 in games... But... The question is... Is there any performance difference between 1650 and 1660 in "Ai" processes on Surville Station?

I'll have to buy one, but if there is no noticeable performance difference, I will buy the 1650..

I dont have 1650 to compare, I think AI uses Cuda cores or Nvenc, if its Cuda then there will be performance difference, if its Nvenc there will be no difference.

5 часов назад, phone guy сказал:

What about performance with Quadro P2000 ? And why some work and some do not? anyone figure that one?

I am sure that gtx1650 will be faster than p2000, faster gpu clock speeds, faster memory speeds, newer architecture, newer Nvenc, little less cuda cores however and 1gb less vram but still gtx1650 should be winner. But both cards are pretty close by perfomance

Edited by dimakv2014

Basically the problem with "no GPU" on Quadro T400, is:

"Found VGA Controller: pciid 10ded00001fb2

Required Extension: No matching extention"

Pocopico, can you please somehow add driver extension? Thanks in advance) or tell me how to compile latest driver to work in this kernel)

P.s maybe its possible to just add the name of gpu to existing extension or fool it to be gtx1650 since its the same chip?

Edited by dimakv2014