XPEnology Community

DVA3221 loader development thread

On 6/27/2022 at 4:09 AM, dimakv2014 said:

I believe its still under development, since it uses new Architecture Openvino instead of Denverton, plus dva1622 only released for 650euro, so it will take some time for developers of redpill

I you are willing to try

Please post any findings on that thread.

• Thanks 1

В 21.06.2022 в 15:45, scfrancis сказал:

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Proxmox VM "SYNO_DVA3221", this one refuses to boot correctly.

Summary of my PVE :

image.thumb.png.dd612061206f81cf1edb3c74cc6e5a89.png

Details of my VM:

image.png.d8aceca4aed38e71e5f6c1e1e0bdbc99.png

image.png.bf95fc89c290833f9c23e8ba71354434.png

I tried installing a DS3622xs+, or a DS912+ without any problem, but I would need the 8 SS licenses, and the idea of virtualizing it so as not to have a dedicated machine, I rather like it.

I asked myself a question, is my CPU (that of my Prox) compatible DVA3221...

The worst is that I was able to install in VM and without any problem a DS3622xs+ and a DS920+, with an archi much more recent than that of my Prox, why this damn DVA3221 refuses to install...

If you have any tips, I'm all ears!

Thanks a lot for your help !

If I managed to install dva3221 on Celeron N2807 (Gigabyte Brix) which is not supported since its too way belowe requirements, then its not your cpu that gives you a trouble.

Hello!
Experienced, tell me if I can run DVA3221 or dva1622 on J5040-ITX ?

So I understand that with such a motherboard, no GPU will work? Or is it possible to put something into this motherboard for face recognition?

Good. If no GPU can be installed, then can I install the system for the updated Synology SS interface and for 8 licenses? Or this board is not suitable for bootloader DVA...?

1 hour ago, Diktor said:

Hello!
Experienced, tell me if I can run DVA3221 or dva1622 on J5040-ITX ?

So I understand that with such a motherboard, no GPU will work? Or is it possible to put something into this motherboard for face recognition?

Good. If no GPU can be installed, then can I install the system for the updated Synology SS interface and for 8 licenses?

J5040 would be kind of ideal for dva1622 as this system uses ai ss with the intel internal gpu (original unit from synology is also gemin lake refresh but J4125)

the dva3221 comes in original with a cpu that does not have a internal gpu and a nvidia gpu, so a internal gpu would be of no use und only a nvidia gpu would work for the ai stuff in ss

afair dva3221 can serve 16 cams and dva1622 8 cams

1 hour ago, Diktor said:

Or this board is not suitable for bootloader DVA...?

you need to look closer, the tinycore rp loader does support multiple units (and there is a newer developer version too that was announced about 4 weeks ago her in the developer area you can test

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/61634-dsm-7x-loaders-and-platforms/

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/62221-tutorial-installmigrate-to-dsm-7x-with-tinycore-redpill-tcrp-loader/

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/62871-tinycore-redpill-loader-tcrp-development-release-09/

https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/tree/develop

there is also a new loader (should also support dva1622)

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/63486-automated-redpill-loader

Edited by IG-88

В 27.06.2022 в 04:03, dimakv2014 сказал:

4. Unlike dva3221 it has only 2 smart AI processes at same time (1 face recognition 1 license plate) instead of 12 (because gpu is slower than nvidia)

Not everything is so obvious. 1 face recognition = 2 tasks.

How many Face Recognition and Deep Video Analytics tasks can I use?

Edited by Diktor
  • Thanks 1

В 02.07.2022 в 01:54, IG-88 сказал:

where does that come from?

the files used for update are named geminilake (as th cpu used in th dva1622)

https://global.download.synology.com/download/DSM/criticalupdate/update_pack/42661-2/synology_geminilake_dva1622.pat

Sorry for missleading, its indeed Geminilake cpu, but Surveillance Station.spk says Openvino SurveillanceStation-x86_64-9.0.0-7660_openvino.spk, thats where it comes from. My mistake )

Screenshot_2022-07-06-02-41-04-301_com.android.chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, error403 said:

I know that chart. It says it should work on FX8300. But it doesn't.

Test with DVA1622 it runs. I think if runs with i3 2120 would be able to run with FX8300.

But all not is so easy, Works DVA1622 with HP Microserver Gen 8 G1610T? a day of these I will try to cry a little. At least virtual with Proxmox DVA3221 works.

Hello !

I left the scene some month ago... and now I will have to remember how the things work... I'm still in DSM 7.0.1-42218 baremetal (and same for DS3622xs+ proxmox)

I may request some help/hints in case things changed since last time...

Thank you

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Orphée said:

Hello !

I left the scene some month ago... and now I will have to remember how the things work... I'm still in DSM 7.0.1-42218 baremetal (and same for DS3622xs+ proxmox)

I may request some help/hints in case things changed since last time...

Thank you

Please PM me if you need any assistance 

• Like 1

Just did gpu passthrough gtx1660 in Hyper-V (Windows 11 Host) with custom PS script, everything works, compared to baremetal in Heaven Benchmark 4.0 is only 5% loss, VM is Windows 11 as well.

I am thinking about making virtual DVA3221 with gpu passthrough on Hyper-V now, but didn't find on how to create actual VM with DSM 7.1 Redpill Tinycore in hyper-v, Proxmox and Esxi are good but those hypervisors are main OS.

What I am trying to accomplish is using AI features on regular every day pc with gpu-p Nvidia for dva3221 AI or Intel igpu for DVA1622 running a VM at background. Without big perfomance loss on gpu side. Plus to that its possible to install Home Assistant on top of DSM.

If anyone could help with suggestions on hdd and nic type in settings of vm, since its somewhat limited and different than Vmware or Proxmox. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20220714_003944.jpg

IMG_20220714_003846.jpg

IMG_20220714_003759.jpg

Edited by dimakv2014
Pf

6 hours ago, dimakv2014 said:

update: converted redpill .vmdk to .vhdx with StarWind V2V Converter, added as bootable scsi in hyper-V, loaded in tinycore, ran all commands, rebooted, selected sata boot, but doesnt show anything in find.synology.com

I'm not very familiar with Hyper-V, but usually the first step is to add a serial device to the VM and have a look at the output. You then can see at which stage the boot stops.
Maybe also a simple NIC problem.

• Like 1