XPEnology Community

DVA3221 loader development thread

В 30.03.2022 в 08:48, pocopico сказал:

Fix the acpi systemd issue otherwise DSM will shutdown on access

I apologize for the offtopic, I encountered a similar problem of immediate shutdown when starting installed 3617 and 3622 on
Z87X-D3H

i7-4771

24Gb
DVA3221 installed and started without problems.

В 30.03.2022 в 08:48, pocopico сказал:

./rploader.sh mountdsmroot now

sed -i 's/^acpi-cpufreq/# acpi-cpufreq/g' /mnt/dsmroot/usr/lib/modules-load.d/70-cpufreq-kernel.conf && cat /mnt/dsmroot/usr/lib/modules-load.d/70-cpufreq-kernel.conf

Will these steps help launch 3617 or 3622?

В 23.03.2022 в 16:12, PaulEvo сказал:

Here we go with the steps voor having DVA (AI) in a DVA3221 with a lower performance video card like a GTX1050

1) I assume you have a well functioning SS in DVA3221 7.0.1
2? Download SurveillanceStation-x86_64-8.2.9-6459_DVA_3219.spk   (the 2019 version of DVA, this file is unencrypted)
3) Extract package.tgz from it
4) Extract all the files from the package file which you got in step 3
5) Find the folder and files in it \package\dvacore\etc\model
6) Stop the SS service on your DVA3221
7) Connect with your DVA3221 with WinSCP and go to /volume1/@appstore/SurveillanceStation/dvacore/etc/model

8.) Rename the directory /model to something else
9) Copy the folder and subs which you found in step 5 to it
10) Change ownership and group (recursive) to the 'model' folder and it's contents to 'SurveillanceStation'
11) Start the SS service
12) Create a task in SS in Deep Video Analytics
13) Do some experiments with it and enjoy your tests with AI and the amazing work in all the 'loader' activities

i try to this guide and 1080Ti is works!

face detected

On 5/11/2022 at 4:14 AM, pocopico said:

Did you follow @haydibe instructions for creating the VM ? The loader disk has to be on USB and the USB boot option has to be selected at GRUB.

Please see his signature for details.

Could you point to the instruction? I can't find it, as well as I can not see @haydibe  signature. Maybe I am blind, sorry for this.

3 hours ago, alexsahka said:

Could you point to the instruction? I can't find it, as well as I can not see @haydibe  signature. Maybe I am blind, sorry for this.

Oh, you have to enable that in your profile, otherwise you will not see the signatures :-) I had that issue myself. I don’t know why it’s not by default enabled 

@alexsahka

For the record, I have written a Guided tutorial for creating a TCRP Red Pill loader in proxmox, complete with step by step direction and even pictures to follow along with. It will work for any of the platforms (afaik). You can pass thru pci cards like gpu, hba, nic, etc.

Edited by phone guy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, phone guy said:

@alexsahka

For the record, I have written a Guided tutorial for creating a TCRP Red Pill loader in proxmox, complete with step by step direction and even pictures to follow along with. It will work for any of the platforms (afaik). You can pass thru pci cards like gpu, hba, nic, etc.

Thank you, do you remember seeing the DVA3221 ESXI guide?

I've tried  https://www.tsunati.com/blog/xpenology-7-0-1-on-esxi-7-x everything works,

but when I trying to install the DVA3221   

sudo su
./rploader.sh update now
./rploader.sh serialgen DVA3221

./rploader.sh satamap denverton-7.0.1-42218
./rploader.sh backup now

./rploader.sh build denverton-7.0.1-42218 auto

optional:

./rploader.sh ext denverton-7.0.1-42218 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/v9fs/rpext-index.json

./rploader.sh build denverton-7.0.1-42218 manual

nothing loading.

Edited by alexsahka

23 hours ago, bluecatus said:

I hope you could write a guide for ESXI ith step by step pictures.

Thank you so much.

21 hours ago, alexsahka said:

I've tried  https://www.tsunati.com/blog/xpenology-7-0-1-on-esxi-7-x everything works,

sudo su
./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh backup now

optional:

./rploader.sh ext denverton-7.0.1-42218 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/v9fs/rpext-index.json

nothing loading.

Since I do not run ESXi I am afraid I can not help, I personally am using Proxmox.

I know to get the DVA working you will need a graphics card, I am not sure it boots up without a graphics card?

35 minutes ago, phone guy said:

Since I do not run ESXi I am afraid I can not help, I personally am using Proxmox.

I know to get the DVA working you will need a graphics card, I am not sure it boots up without a graphics card?

Thank you so much.

I successfully installed DVA3221 of DSM 7.0.1 yesterday on ESXi without a graphic card.

21 hours ago, alexsahka said:

sudo su
./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh backup now

optional:

nothing loading.

I think you missed ./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

Make sure you clean now, update now, fullupgrade now, add ext for your nic, then build.

7 minutes ago, phone guy said:

I think you missed ./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

Make sure you clean now, update now, fullupgrade now, add ext for your nic, then build.

The DVA3221 started and running 7.1.0-42661 Update 1 now (the pastry GTX1650 not showing in the Synology for some reason ) I find error and manually uploaded DSM_DVA3221_42218.pat before /rploader.sh build denverton-7.0.1-42218 to home folder. Going to try one more time, to post all my steps later

Edited by alexsahka

@pocopico@Orphée@Peter Suh I have a couple quick questions about building DVA3221 in Proxmox

I am assuming performing the update now and fullupgrade now will update all needed modules and scripts to build this platform <DVA3221>

And adding the v9fs ext should work as drivers for the paravirtualized drivers. like it does in my other build of DS3622xs+

So from a fresh start and using tinycore-redpill.v0.4.6.img here is what I tried, but I can not access or find the running DSM. Not with find.synology.com or synology assistant app for windows either. And I do not see anything the console serial 0 port either? Just starting kernel... message.

Power on vm. Boot to TCRP. Get ip from ifconfig

Putty -> ssh in to tcrp and then I enter these commands to build loader.

./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

./rploader.sh identifyusb now

./rploader.sh satamap now

./rploader.sh ext denverton-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/v9fs/rpext-index.json

This above ext should add whats needed to access using NIC port, again has worked for me not sure its DVA3221 ready?

These below are my usual ext added for DS3622 so I #commented them out as this is only a test.

Then finally issue the build command

./rploader.sh build denverton-7.1.0-42661

Loader builds, on restart I open serial >_consoe_0 to watch the booting process, switch to usb boot, but I dont see anything?

I wait a few minutes, and can never find or see the vm. Maybe I used wrong nic port drivers?

or have I missed a step? I saw some information about adding and changing custom_modules.json, but I thought @pocopico fixed all that? and performing the updates and upgrades fixed anything missing.

Advice?

1 hour ago, phone guy said:

@pocopico@Orphée@Peter Suh I have a couple quick questions about building DVA3221 in Proxmox

I am assuming performing the update now and fullupgrade now will update all needed modules and scripts to build this platform <DVA3221>

And adding the v9fs ext should work as drivers for the paravirtualized drivers. like it does in my other build of DS3622xs+

So from a fresh start and using tinycore-redpill.v0.4.6.img here is what I tried, but I can not access or find the running DSM. Not with find.synology.com or synology assistant app for windows either. And I do not see anything the console serial 0 port either? Just starting kernel... message.

Power on vm. Boot to TCRP. Get ip from ifconfig

Putty -> ssh in to tcrp and then I enter these commands to build loader.

./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

./rploader.sh identifyusb now

./rploader.sh satamap now

./rploader.sh ext denverton-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/v9fs/rpext-index.json

This above ext should add whats needed to access using NIC port, again has worked for me not sure its DVA3221 ready?

These below are my usual ext added for DS3622 so I #commented them out as this is only a test.

extra commands I use when building DS3622, not used on DVA3221 (Reveal hidden contents)

Then finally issue the build command

./rploader.sh build denverton-7.1.0-42661

Loader builds, on restart I open serial >_consoe_0 to watch the booting process, switch to usb boot, but I dont see anything?

I wait a few minutes, and can never find or see the vm. Maybe I used wrong nic port drivers?

or have I missed a step? I saw some information about adding and changing custom_modules.json, but I thought @pocopico fixed all that? and performing the updates and upgrades fixed anything missing.

Advice?

What is the CPU you used ? some cpu options are known to cause KP 

5 minutes ago, phone guy said:

Its in a proxmox vm, but the chip is xeon E3-1270 v2 which has run ds918 and ds3622. Not having much luck with the dva3221

Actually i was talking more about the machine emulation. 

image.png.2f8a759dbef011a0f9401ec6d06c5f8a.png

The problem with the DVA is that you cannot have a serial console. After kernel boots its moving all messages away from tty and this makes it harder to troubleshoot.

Did you use virtio_net for network ?

Edited by pocopico

1 minute ago, pocopico said:

Actually i was talking more about the machine emulation. 

image.png.2f8a759dbef011a0f9401ec6d06c5f8a.png

The problem with the DVA is that you cannot have a serial console. After kernel boots its moving all messages away from tty and this makes it harder to troubleshoot.

I can try again with the i440x, I think thats the other cpu type