XPEnology Community

DVA3221 loader development thread

I will explain the captured photos in order.

This is the result of installing TINYCORE DVA3221 as Realtek LAN and LSI 9211-4i in Haswell G3420.

It has been successfully changed to migration to existing DS920 hard drive.

1. The captured status is slightly obscured, but if you look at the next image, another Toshiba hard drive bitten by 9211-4i that does not show the Toshiba supplier is not recognized as an access error.

The MPT3SAS driver is installed automatically, but it is not stabilized yet. This drive 7 and 8 also have intermittent information movement.

On the right side, a warning window appears every time the widget starts that it does not use a genuine memory module.

664793529_2022-03-188_56_54.thumb.png.abf3577ab8563b244d2e260ecea24eb7.png

2. If the supplier is visible, all S.M.A.R.T. details will be expressed well in 9211-4i.

701094970_2022-03-188_57_14.thumb.png.11ce427fda345c656b5ca323a2262215.png

3. If you can see the details of S.M.A.R.T well, you can see all the detailed properties well.

2017828801_2022-03-188_57_30.thumb.png.1effff4d60cf2385880e43c89399d3e3.png

4. S.M.A.R.T. is visible, but occasionally a message of failed information is occasionally displayed.

706462201_2022-03-188_57_58.thumb.png.8aaac913f22516ffb79a622bfff3cf1a.png

I don't think it is very usefull to build another loader while DVA3221 works well.
It make another loader to maintain and fix with no real benefit.
DVA3221 is better than DVA3219.

I understand some of you has a gtx1050 ans would like to use it, but gtx1650 is better for HW transcoding, and for Surveillance Station too.

I may be wrong but if it is only for GPU HW transcoding, i think even a stronger Gtx GPU would work on DVA3221. Surveillance Station is probably hardcoded with gtx1650, but I bet NvidiaRuntimeLibrary can handle every Gtx GPUs...

It is just my personal point of view, maybe devs will have a different fealing.

On 3/13/2022 at 3:49 PM, Orphée said:

- Surveillance Station is able to run without any GPU and still work for standard camera features like normal NAS, but has 8 licences available instead of 2 (but logs will flood in /var/log/messages and /var/log/kern.log about missing GPU, maybe a risk of heavy log generation and disk space).

Could you please clarify if your log flood observations is only on VMs or baremetal too.  You indicated both VM and Baremetal installations and flyrides log fix appeared to be a VM issue for drive errors.  I was going to move to this platform but my 1650 is on back order, so I just wanted to know what to expect.

Thanks for any feedback and all your other contributions.

Question is will it do the AI analytics in SSS not being a GTX1650

I'm awaiting delivery of the GTX1650 as I only have a GT1030 which was detected but no AI is working as expected (no alerts) standard motion alerting is working.

I went for a GTX1650 as it is the same model as real box, I'm no HW tech but I wonder if it is the models that allow something like the correct instruction set and not about the architecture (Pascal Turing) as we know the P series is seriously unlocked with features

4 hours ago, pehun said:

Does the DVA series acts also as a nas, or is it limited to dvr?

From  Synology (I had the same question initially)

Does the DVA support NAS functionality found on other devices running DSM?

Synology DVA series supports most features found on other Synology NAS and has access to Synology Package Center. For a comprehensive list of supported add-ons, refer to the supported package list.

5 hours ago, Orphée said:

Great news!

So it is not limited to GTX1650!

Just for my knowledge, Plex is running from official synology package or from docker ?

Package, docker not tested right know. Is there a big difference? Didn't see any difference with iGPU (i915). the only difference is the auto update with docker and watchtower lol

Edited by RedwinX

1 hour ago, spv4u1975 said:

Question is will it do the AI analytics in SSS not being a GTX1650

I'm awaiting delivery of the GTX1650 as I only have a GT1030 which was detected but no AI is working as expected (no alerts) standard motion alerting is working.

I went for a GTX1650 as it is the same model as real box, I'm no HW tech but I wonder if it is the models that allow something like the correct instruction set and not about the architecture (Pascal Turing) as we know the P series is seriously unlocked with features

I can confirm that AI analytics works with a P2000... Didn't have any other graphic card to test, but P2000 works flawlessly...

• Like 1