XPEnology Community

How suspend and shutdown automatically?

casidus

Good morning.

I would like to know if there is any way you could make some downtime to the computer turns off automatically, as you would if it were an original synology.

Is there any way to do it?

Thank you

have you tried creating a power schedule in control panel?

this works with most bare metal mobos (but check the forum for people who have issues with some brands) - also do not apply update 7 to dsm, it breaks several power features

have you tried creating a power schedule in control panel?

this works with most bare metal mobos (but check the forum for people who have issues with some brands) - also do not apply update 7 to dsm, it breaks several power features

¿Update 7?

now I have the 5.2 update in May.

with respect to the energy plan, I see that only you can turn on or off at a specific time.

to me what I like is that when it detects no activity goes only to x minutes.

Can this be done?

Thank you

take a look at Advanced Power Manager

https://sourceforge.net/projects/advpowermgr4ds/

which might work with your setup and does 'inactivity' shutdowns etc

I think Update 7 was a Synology patch update to DSM 5.2 5644 (think its now been taken down), but it and 5967 caused some problems with UPS and power settings;

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14667&start=50

Thank you.

I have installed, but do not understand how I have to set it apage synology me some time to nonuse.

for example, if I want to turn off when it detects that is not used within 30 minutes, I have to do ???

Thank you

I would test that the 'native' Synology power scheduler works with your hardware first - create a simple power off/power on 5 minutes apart.

Once you know that you hardware works ok then you can configure shutdown options in Advanced Power Manager from the 'Power Off' tab. In that section you will see several tab options for example 'Rapid Shutdown', 'Network Traffic', 'Hosts' etc.